F/S: Joel Davidas 2008 "Skull" Cue

Stan9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am putting up for sale a unique cue made by Joel Davidas from the Philippines. This is not one of his ebay cues (JD cues) but commissioned and made to my specs with quality materials.

It's cored with straight grain maple and is straight, inlays and rings are flush, points and veneer work good and other specs pretty much spot-on - shafts matched for weight, balance 10" from joint and slightly heavier than 19oz with 12.7mm shafts and short half-inch ferrules for lower deflection. The darker shaft has an older Kamui medium on it and the other has a Le Pro.

The low points and inlays are ivory, the 4 skull inlays are silver, the joint and buttcap are white phenolic, and the woods are amboyna burl and BEM and straight grain maple. The wrap is lizard print leather. Joint protectors with matching ringwork are included.

Some pics are below, with the last taken when the cue was being built. I still have the emails from Joel when the cue was being made.

Sold pending payment to MARCUS!

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

Tancue222222222222.jpg

Last edited:

Stan9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I also offer a money-back guarantee if the cue for any reason does not make make it there.

Last edited:

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
good luck with the sale, just to let you know most are hesitant to buy cues with ivory outside the USA. Without the necessary permits it is illegal to ship it there and you're risking confiscation..:smile:

Stan9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
good luck with the sale, just to let you know most are hesitant to buy cues with ivory outside the USA. Without the necessary permits it is illegal to ship it there and you're risking confiscation..:smile:

And hence the money-back guarantee I offered. Thanks for your thoughts and words.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
I bought the Schrager billiard cue pictured next to the skull cue. It was shipped very quickly and it was exactly as described!!

Great guy to deal with.

FYI - It has an ivory joint and there were no issues with customs.

Bump for a great seller.

Russ.....

Stan9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks Russ, hope that the re-finish will make it look like new again!:)

I bought the Schrager billiard cue pictured next to the skull cue. It was shipped very quickly and it was exactly as described!!

Great guy to deal with.

FYI - It has an ivory joint and there were no issues with customs.

Bump for a great seller.

Russ.....

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I really like this cue, but sadly , no cash for it, lol. What pin is that, a 3/8 10? How is the hit? Is it comparable to another cue maker as far as feel, resonence or sound? thanks and good luck.

Joe

Stan9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I really like this cue, but sadly , no cash for it, lol. What pin is that, a 3/8 10? How is the hit? Is it comparable to another cue maker as far as feel, resonence or sound? thanks and good luck.

Joe

Joe, the cue is 3/8x10. As for hit, you know they're like opinions and butts.:p But I will venture to say that the cue hits pretty close to the Diveney and Frey sneakies I had, just a tad softer with the Kamui medium tip I put on one of the shafts. Makes it quite easy to control - unlike a Pred or a Meucci. The sound is a solid quiet "thud". Hope this helps.

Last edited: