Fargo rating

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
That system was used just in AZ, Fargo is used in every state and country. Huge difference but you are clueless

I live in AZ it work when I use to play tournaments. When fun ended, and my regular place closed. I choose to stop going.

When Fargo started in AZ don’t think they move people into Fargo, but I was out of loop. So I do not know.

Never compete in other places except on vacation in MT, they just did open play. Tournaments were no handicapped.

You like Fargo go have fun.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in AZ it work when I use to play tournaments. When fun ended, and my regular place closed. I choose to stop going.

When Fargo started in AZ don’t think they move people into Fargo, but I was out of loop. So I do not know.

Never compete in other places except on vacation in MT, they just did open play. Tournaments were no handicapped.

You like Fargo go have fun.

All players in AZ now use Fargo just so you know

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I'm not sure.

Judd Trump is a great shooter, and did a credible job playing 9-ball, but wasn't anywhere near his capabilities in snooker. In the same way Corey Deuell or Alex Pagulayan didn't perform to scale when they tried Q-school in snooker.

Thinking about these three players where we have video, I think the performance is some combination of shooting, cue-ball control, strategy and tactics, and luck. All these players are great shooters and have great cue-ball control, so I've assumed the difference is knowledge of strategy and tactics. I don't have any sense for how long it would take Trump to get to a top-16 professional level in 9-ball, assuming he even wanted to. But i suspect it might take a year or two.

I don't know enough to have a good feel for this.

Are there excellent 9-ball players that aren't so good at 8-ball? Or vice versa?
You're examples are flawed imo. You're not just altering the game but the equipment as well.

The CB and the control of it across the games on found a pool table vs those on a snooker is wildly different. Not just knowledge of what needs to be done the limitations of both as well. The initial comparison was jumping games from say 9 ball to 14.1. Same equipment, just different methodology.

However if you want to stick with it. Trump was bested by pro pool players, not average joes. Alex failed to get through Q-school by top tier snooker players. Even with the limited effort they were beaten out by the top 1%.