Fast Eddie (Paul Newman)....Cancer

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old Friend Says Paul Newman Has Cancer

NEW YORK (June 11) - Paul Newman, who has recently appeared gaunt in photos and dropped plans to direct a play in his Connecticut hometown, is battling cancer, his longtime neighbor and business partner said Wednesday.

Writer A.E. Hotchner, who partnered with Newman to start Newman's Own salad dressing company in the 1980s, said the 83-year-old actor told him about the disease about 18 months ago. He doesn't say what kind of cancer, but said Newman is in active treatment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my all time favorite actors....he's sure played some great parts in his time. Hopefully, he can beat it.
 
reportedly it's Lung Cancer ..... I'm going down to the package store and buy me a bottle of J.T.S. Brown ............................:(
 
That is too bad, but time gets us all. I have always held the highest opinion of both Paul Newman's acting and his personal behavior, I wish him the best.
 
Sad Very Sad

A great man, so sorry,
I was waiting for THE COLOR OF MONEY PART 2.

highrun55
 
One of my favorite actors. Always a good performance and he led life HIS way. I would take 83 right now in a heartbeat. God bless him. Johnnyt
 
He was/is one of the best actors of all time. His Fast Eddie role is one of my favorites, in both movies. His spaghetti sauces are also the bomb.
 
After I saw the Hustler when I was 15 I went out and bought a pint of JTS BROWN & a pint of cheap lime flavored vodka & ended up passed out in the woods with an assortment of insects having their way with me. Last trip for MR. Brown! Circa 1963
drink_201424.jpg
 
Last edited:
daniel said:
After I saw the Hustler when I was 15 I went out and bought a pint of JTS BROWN & a pint of cheap lime flavored vodka & ended up passed out in the woods with an assortment of insects having their way with me. Last trip for MR. Brown! Circa 1963
drink_201424.jpg

Ummm could have been mixing the Vodka with the Burbon...ya think?:rolleyes: Johnnyt
 
Who can forget

Paul Newman in other roles, like his early

'The Left Handed Gun'
'Hondo'
of course, the legendary 'Cool Hand Luke'

What was that private eye one he did?
 
Snapshot9 said:
Paul Newman in other roles, like his early

'The Left Handed Gun'
'Hondo'
of course, the legendary 'Cool Hand Luke'

What was that private eye one he did?

Harper" Based on Ross McDonalds Harper PI. Johnnyt
 
Here is a great Paul Newman thread from this forum when Paul Newman announced his retirement: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=63936&highlight=Newman

Of course, "The Color of Money" was Newman's first Academy Award. He has done so many great flicks in his life. I was sad when he announced retirement, hoping to see just one more Fast Eddie cameo appearance.

While he's won only one Best Actor Academy Award, Newman has two Oscars. He was presented the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award back at 1994's ceremony.

JAM
 

Attachments

  • Paul.JPG
    Paul.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 286
daniel said:
After I saw the Hustler when I was 15 I went out and bought a pint of JTS BROWN & a pint of cheap lime flavored vodka
Damn...15 was a legal age for purchasing booze back then....must of been nice.
 
Back
Top