Fast Larry is banned again?

Are you glad Fast Larry is gone?

• Hell yeah! That guy is 5 cans short of a six pack!

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • No. I liked hearing his stories and false boasts

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Fast who? Nobody knows him or cares.

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No offense meant, but where is Mike Howerton? I kind of expected him to make some kind of announcement.

I did not vote. I heard a couple of other names got banned too, but I had to hear that on ccb.

Oh brother.

Laura

cut shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like to read Fast Larry,s posts. I feel that you have the option to read or not to read, that is your choice. I think this is what is keeping the Pro,s off the Forum.
Busy Kitty said:
Tooodaloooo Dingdong..

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
APA7 said:
So what's your opinion?
Brian

Brain, I think your poll is just a farce to allow you to rag on FL.
Your choices were very contrived and the whole post smells of a sham.
Personaly, it is no big deal to ingnore any thread I dont care to read.
If I dont read it ... how can it bother me?

If you hade a choice of ...
'Dont really care one way or another'
That is how I would have voted.

You asked for it and that is my opinion.

Sounds like the final rag job on FL to me. It's like saying, "Does your mother know that you suck c*#k"? You lose regardless of what you say.

It doesn't matter...if he chooses to stay off that's up to him. But he's too computer savvy to be kept off. My guess is, somewhere down the line he'll be back. It's his fault for allowing himself to be suckered into all of it time and again, but there are MANY on here that seek him out and do everything in their power to discredit, demean, humiliate, and antagonize him day in and day out to push his buttons.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
WilleeCue said:
Brain, I think your poll is just a farce to allow you to rag on FL.
Your choices were very contrived and the whole post smells of a sham.
Personaly, it is no big deal to ingnore any thread I dont care to read.
If I dont read it ... how can it bother me?

If you hade a choice of ...
'Dont really care one way or another'
That is how I would have voted.

You asked for it and that is my opinion.

I agree with you in general willee. But one thought I have is that someone will ask a question and start a thread on a subject then the back and forth bickering and insulting starts and it makes you have to scan dozens of posts just to find a few that are actually dealing with the subject. That is why on our International Cuemakers Asscociations Members Only Forum we all agree not to do that and just talk about cue building, products and things pertaining to that. So far we have not had one problem. Makes a difference when someone is a professional and handles himself like a professional.
I don't know totally what Mike's policies are here for what is allowed to post, so I don't know how I would have voted either. But I would have voted according to what his forum policies are. But I do know on the ICA forum with our rules he would not have lasted one day making posts like that.
Chris
www.internationalcuemakers.com
www.cuesmith.com

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
I'd be glad not to see his opinions anymore, they gives me a headache.

bethesilentone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "Big Star" slit his own throat, just like It predicted.

The guy would be ok on here, if he didnt choose to have such spastic post habits. I could care less if he would post maybe 3 times a day max.I would actually read it and not say anything. No one would say S#*7,If he Put all his eggs in one basket, Hold back from posting, or send private messages to specific members pertaining to the thread, Have a bit of self control he would last. Self control, is a simple lesson learned. Just because a guy can teach, and play pool doesnt mean he knows zip about human relations, and how to be a heard voice in a team of friends and conversationalists. I know plenty of people who are super talented, and have no friends because their mind, and people skills never got past 8th grade.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My opinion is this. FL has been around pool for decades, and is an undeniable scholar of the game, it's personalities, and it's history. For those reasons, I'd say that of those who post, he is among the most capable to contribute constructively to this forum. Some of the FL posts are superb and insightful. Unfortunately, FL has too great a tendency to post in a style that is argumentative, disrespectful of persons on the forum and of members of the pool sport and industry, and sometimes, his posts are just plain rude.

FL often mentions that he is a PhD, and I'm sure he is. This gives him the ability to offer well-considered, well-written posts, yet he frequently chooses to post in a self-constructed slang that he has, at times, claimed is appropriate for his less-educated and far-less-scholarly-than-himself audience. He has no problem taking cheap shots at this audience.

To me, the purpose of the AZB forum is for people who share a passion for pool to exchange opinions, ideas, and information pertinent to the game respectfully and tastefully, and in a way that tends to heighten their collective love of the game. Nearly all posters on this forum fit nicely into this mold, and FL has all the ingredients to be counted among them if he would change his act.

Speaking for myself, I hope FL corrects his ways, begins to show respect for all others who post on the forum, and remains active on the AZB forum.

Last edited:

Kerry Impson

Former player
Silver Member
I agree, sjm -- I enjoyed his posts most of the time. He is knowledgable, his writing style is very colorful and he can be downright funny sometimes. But I got so tired of the berating, belittling and beating over the head he (too often) dished out. Whenever he sneaks back into this forum again perhaps he'll manage to be more respectful and less abrasive. Then again.... :D

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Laura, I didn't really see a need to make an announcement about it. Larry and US Patroit were both banned yesterday. I also removed some of the more 'over the top' messages of theirs.

There was no vote as to what should be done. It was just done.

Mike

Bluewolf said:
No offense meant, but where is Mike Howerton? I kind of expected him to make some kind of announcement.

I did not vote. I heard a couple of other names got banned too, but I had to hear that on ccb.

Oh brother.

Laura

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
i appreciate the minimum moderation that takes place on this board. when someone's "over the top" they know it as does the admin here. fl had it coming for days now.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Dang it, I'm always in favor of freedom of speech. I hate when these things come to a head - I'm not sure there is any correct option. I'm in agreement with SJM. I am a pool fanatic, and it is fabulous to have a forum like this with input not only from fellow fanatics, but also from the professionals in the sport we love. I also appreciate sharing opinions that are well-informed, and politely presented (and in fact the occasional heated dispute can also be very entertaining). If I was a pro, I would have to think twice, though, about participating in a forum dominated by rambling, personal attacks - what would be the point???

I'm not out to censor anyone, just to plead for a forum that would be attractive to the professional's and afficionado's. There are plenty of other forums out there for the flame war commando's, keep up the good work Mike.

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am glad to see he is gone for the time being. This is a much better board without him. I find that once he was back around making this board the Fast Larry Show I just stopped loggin in. I don't like what this board turns into when he is on it. Some great things have been happening here on AZ last couple of months, and it only takes one jackass like that to make me quit coming in. Personally I hope he stays away, and finds the proper medication to deal with his condition.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
thebigdog said:
I am glad to see he is gone for the time being. This is a much better board without him. I find that once he was back around making this board the Fast Larry Show I just stopped loggin in. I don't like what this board turns into when he is on it. Some great things have been happening here on AZ last couple of months, and it only takes one jackass like that to make me quit coming in. Personally I hope he stays away, and finds the proper medication to deal with his condition.
Tap, tap, tap.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm,

I disagree with you somewhat. FL does seem to have a great deal of experience and knowledge, at least according to him. What I don't like is that on several occasions, he has posted information about things that have happened and he's gotten it wrong. He has been corrected numerous times, the last one being the Tony Ellin fiasco which he admitted to getting wrong. I've been on this board quite a while now and have read hundreds of his posts and I don't feel that he is an "undeniable scholar of the game". He is a self-agrandizing egotistical bore as far as I'm concerned.

Kieth McCready is on this board and has every right to an episode or two of bragging and yet I have not seen him do it yet. Larry does it on almost every post. I have never seen him play and never heard of him being mentioned in any pool hall I have been in. I'm 54 and have been playing pool since I was about 14 and have never heard of Larry Gunninger until I came on this board. Just about the only person that has lauded him with praise is him. There have been a couple of others but I'm not sure whether they were in fact him using pseudonyms or not. This whole thing with Fast Larry is, imho, a schizophrenic trip into the twilight zone of pool. I would rather communicate with some of the people that I consider normal, which is most of the people on this board other than someone named FL!

sjm said:
My opinion is this. FL has been around pool for decades, and is an undeniable scholar of the game, it's personalities, and it's history. For those reasons, I'd say that of those who post, he is among the most capable to contribute constructively to this forum.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry could be entertaining for sure, but the costs were way too high. He had to go

IMHO He has the same disorder as Earl. Time after time they act totally inappropriate, far beyond even the most liberal definition of what is acceptable behavior. In short making a jackass of themselves and never once thinking they are in the wrong! Everyone else is. They don't correct anything because there is nothing to correct.

SJM-I have to disagree on Larry's PhD. If he has a PhD, I am betting it's been had recently from some No Show University.

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
Whenever I see new members and then make numerous postings, calls everyone moron and typed a novel, I always think it's FL, and I was right.

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good point Rick

Rickw said:
sjm,

I disagree with you somewhat. FL does seem to have a great deal of experience and knowledge, at least according to him. What I don't like is that on several occasions, he has posted information about things that have happened and he's gotten it wrong. He has been corrected numerous times, the last one being the Tony Ellin fiasco which he admitted to getting wrong. I've been on this board quite a while now and have read hundreds of his posts and I don't feel that he is an "undeniable scholar of the game". He is a self-agrandizing egotistical bore as far as I'm concerned.

Kieth McCready is on this board and has every right to an episode or two of bragging and yet I have not seen him do it yet. Larry does it on almost every post. I have never seen him play and never heard of him being mentioned in any pool hall I have been in. I'm 54 and have been playing pool since I was about 14 and have never heard of Larry Gunninger until I came on this board. Just about the only person that has lauded him with praise is him. There have been a couple of others but I'm not sure whether they were in fact him using pseudonyms or not. This whole thing with Fast Larry is, imho, a schizophrenic trip into the twilight zone of pool. I would rather communicate with some of the people that I consider normal, which is most of the people on this board other than someone named FL!
I don't consider Fast Larry to be a " scholar of the game" I have never met anyone who has ever heard of this guy. I feel sorry for him because I think he has some serious mental issues that he has never dealt with. I don't see things getting any better for that guy either.