Favorite Cloth Color

blakerandy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting ready to order some Tour Edition 3030 and was wondering what everyone's favorite color was. We have a standard green on the table at this time.

I'm leaning towards the the Euro Blue but SWMBO isn't quite so sure I thinks she like the standard green. She is just learning the game and can't handle to many changes at one time

I understand everyone has their preferences but would still like to know what you think.

Randy

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting ready to order some Tour Edition 3030 and was wondering what everyone's favorite color was. We have a standard green on the table at this time.

I'm leaning towards the the Euro Blue but SWMBO isn't quite so sure I thinks she like the standard green. She is just learning the game and can't handle to many changes at one time

I understand everyone has their preferences but would still like to know what you think.

Randy

years ago I played in a place with different colors on the tables. They had a light grey table I liked a lot.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
years ago I played in a place with different colors on the tables. They had a light grey table I liked a lot.

That's the ONE color I couldn't play my game on....made me 15% blind.
:angry:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Blue or Green. Anything else seems like decoration. You have to figure that 99.5% of the pool halls and even the bars are gonna have one of those two colors !!

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't mind being stuck with this color.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 350

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Cloth Color

I prefer tournament blue, but I would go with whatever you play on the most outside of your home. Would most likely just make you feel more comfortable when you are out.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Blue is so much easier on my eyes! I wish that color was everywhere. The worst color is tan or red!

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
How many threads on the same subject???

As I stated in another thread ... GREEN --- after all, it is THE COLOR OF MONEY!!!

a.jin88

Registered
I enjoy the green. I like the blue, but for some reason (some agree, some disgree), the angles looks much different to me. Might just be my eyes, or the color contrast on the balls.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played on tan GCs in college and they were really fast and nice, but I like green or tournament blue. Red is AWFUL. And hunter green is AWFUL.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Blue is so much easier on my eyes! I wish that color was everywhere. The worst color is tan or red!

You are correct sir :) Red is horrible. To dark, plus the red chalk turns everything red, your shaft, your hands, did it once, never again :)

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
No red, thanks.

You are correct sir :) Red is horrible. To dark, plus the red chalk turns everything red, your shaft, your hands, did it once, never again :)

I agree. I have a couple good friends who put red cloth on their home table, because it was the cheapest color they could find.

They insist that no one use any chalk other than red, so when I play there I don't even use one of my cues, I borrow one of theirs.

I found that the red Master chalk is much harder to get off your hands and the cue. So, I wear a glove when I play at their house, and wash the glove after each session.

I also don't like black cloth (I cringe just thinking about shooting an end to end shot at the 8-ball with black cloth on a 10-footer), and of course, the ridiculous color for a pool table, white.

I found the grey cloth used on the Bonus Ball tables kind of nice.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I agree. I have a couple good friends who put red cloth on their home table, because it was the cheapest color they could find.

They insist that no one use any chalk other than red, so when I play there I don't even use one of my cues, I borrow one of theirs.

I found that the red Master chalk is much harder to get off your hands and the cue. So, I wear a glove when I play at their house, and wash the glove after each session.

I also don't like black cloth (I cringe just thinking about shooting an end to end shot at the 8-ball with black cloth on a 10-footer), and of course, the ridiculous color for a pool table, white.

I found the grey cloth used on the Bonus Ball tables kind of nice.

Yep. Right is the worst. I like the grey as well. Nice backdrop... I get the feeling gray chalk won't make your shaft look to bad.

I have olive green cloth, and the olive green chalk on the shafts make them look like brand new. But in process of buying a new table, and prolly gonna go with Tournament Blue :)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
For me it depends on the table. Tournament Blue on a Diamond, Simonis Green on a GC and Valleys, It just seems like those colors look right on those tables. Worst color=Red!