favourite leather

sengkun108

sengkun108
Silver Member
i want to replace my irish linen wrap with a leather...now the question is?

what type of leather is your favourite..
maybe Lizard , cowhide, bullhide, sharkskin, ostrich, python or maybe elephant ear wrap....money is not a problem...:smile:

Best
Dedy:smile:

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leather

Calf is very soft and nice.
Kangaroo is along the same lines. (it's also incredibly strong)
If you're going with elephant then you have to get the testicles. (Seriously)
If you wanna go big time.. I recommend Hippo hide.

Shark is nice but it's course.
Bull is also nice.
Lizard is also nice but can be slippery.

You may consider what type of 'grip' you want from your wrap. That may narrow your search.

Last edited:

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The suggestion to match the leather with your grip style is a great suggestion. My next cue which I hope to have around the 1st of the yr is going to have Kangaroo. It feels so good it was an easy decision.

fishcake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice thread, i'm also looking for a nice leather that feels like good grip but not sticky or soft.similar feels like wrapless.

Run the Century

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Elephant Ear

I have had all kinds of different leather wraps - will never go with anything else. It has a "soft" feel to it and is extremely durable. Had Steve Klein put it on my last cue and its amazing.

sengkun108

sengkun108
Silver Member
i have a lizard...and i feel not comfortable with it...it's sticky and sometime my hand got iritation...

irish linen sometimes cause my grip slip. and i'm not comfortable with wrapless...i live in indonesia and it's hot here...so my grip wet.. don't feel good with it...

CO_Kid1

Registered
I Have an Elephant Ear on my cue and I love it. I had a lizard on it prior and i found that is was a little to slippery. Elephant ear is not cheep but I love the feel and texture and from what people say it is very durable.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
I've tried most leathers and have come to want nothing but Kangaroo. Soft with a very slight grab to it.
:p

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also sweat a lot while playing. For me: elephan ear wrap, stingray or shark skin are the best.
Nam

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Calf is very soft and nice.
Kangaroo is along the same lines. (it's also incredibly strong)
If you're going with elephant then you have to get the testicles. (Seriously)
If you wanna go big time.. I recommend Hippo hide.

Shark is nice but it's course.
Bull is also nice.
Lizard is also nice but can be slippery.

You may consider what type of 'grip' you want from your wrap. That may narrow your search.

rex tell me were you can get elephant testicle? and if it is who i think it is i will send him one of my cues to wrap....but i dont think he has any I MEAN HE HAS IT BUT NOT FOR SALE.....