Filler Announced for Mosconi Cup

Carolina_Giant

Perfection=Serenity
Silver Member
It's official on the Team Europe FB page: Joshua Filler is the second named Mosconi Cup member along with Ralf Souquet.

This tells me that if NVB wins his current match, he likely also will retain his third place in the rankings and be named the 3rd member of the team.

After this week, no question that Shaw is a wild card pick for Marcus. That means one spot up for grabs likely between Alcaide, Ouschan, possibly Appleton (though not sure about that).

An idea totally way out of left field, what about Klenti Kaci as the possible second wild card pick just to totally throw a wrench into all predictions? Any other thoughts on who the final pick for Mosconi Cup Europe might be?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shaw and Ouschan, only two of the best on the planet. Add in the experience of NVB and Ralf and the youth of Filler and once again you have a hard team to beat.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Likely a long shot, but the way Mika is playing, he'd be a solid wild card pick.

Spain's Sanchez-Ruiz would be another good choice.

Just goes to show, even the picks out of left field are killers.

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also the only reason Niels isn't near the top of the rankings is because he's been out with an injury.
He's back now. Might also be a good choice for a wild card.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I absolute love Filler's game and think he is a monster but he comes across a little whiny to me. I say this based on his body language at the table when he seems to get out of line even the slightest bit. One hell of a player though! They are going to be super strong for years to come with players like KaCi, Filler and Gorst that is for sure.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's official on the Team Europe FB page: Joshua Filler is the second named Mosconi Cup member along with Ralf Souquet.

This tells me that if NVB wins his current match, he likely also will retain his third place in the rankings and be named the 3rd member of the team.

After this week, no question that Shaw is a wild card pick for Marcus. That means one spot up for grabs likely between Alcaide, Ouschan, possibly Appleton (though not sure about that).

An idea totally way out of left field, what about Klenti Kaci as the possible second wild card pick just to totally throw a wrench into all predictions? Any other thoughts on who the final pick for Mosconi Cup Europe might be?

Jayson and Appleton . They will usually have at least 2 British to boost local audience .
Kaci is long shot since Filler is in and it is too risky to have 2 young rookies. If Albin is in , Mario He is likely since cannot ignore best double of year which won WCOP, a Matchroom event. Past years have regularly feature WCOP winning team. :grin-square:

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler the "Killer" is a monster. USA is gonna have there hands full.

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ralf and Joshua are already picked and Nick will be the next, so there are 2 WC-picks for Marcus.
I think the first will go to Shaw as a british player ("Matchroom pick") and spectacular player and the second one to Albin Ouschan as current Worldchampion or to Sanchez-Ruiz who is high in the rankings and plays a very good US Open. Poor for Niels with his elbow problems but the US Open comes to late for him.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I absolute love Filler's game and think he is a monster but he comes across a little whiny to me. I say this based on his body language at the table when he seems to get out of line even the slightest bit. One hell of a player though! They are going to be super strong for years to come with players like KaCi, Filler and Gorst that is for sure.

True about Joshua but he will mature in 3-4 years. He is basically the same Albin Ouschan was 6 years back :grin:

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Klenti Kaci is way too slow to handle the shotclock. :wink:

I think Filler is a very, very good player to have on the MC team for Europe. Honestly, I am rooting for USA to win this year but I think it will be really tough for them with Filler and Shaw as opponents, the way they shoot right now.

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would pick albin and one of the spaniards since i didnt like jaysons outing last yr.....but also since its a matchroomevent they need a brit, so it will be jayson and i hope albin!

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I presume NVB gets the last automatic spot, I would like to see any 2 of the below for the wild cards.
Ouschan
Alcaide
Feijen
Ruiz.

IMO they Mosconi Cup has grown to a size that it nolonger needs a Brit in the team.

JC

Coos Cues
How many completely unique teams could Europe field that could handle America?

Five?

Six?

Europe has outgrown the Mosconi cup.

JC

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Filler is a monster. I've been very impressed with his play in the US Open.