Finally Given Up Playing

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2016 has been an off and on year for pool. I've not really put in much table time this year. A few hours here.... A couple of months off, then another couple of hours.

I quit smoking in January so naturally avoided the snooker hall so I didn't get the habit to light one up. Took a month off until I no longer had urges and just haven't been back since.

I haven't been nearly as active on here as I was, and that's down to playing a lot of football which I never could before without coughing up my lungs.

So, see ya later pool. I'd like to say it's been nice knowing ya.... But you've been a pain in my arse for the last 20 years!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'll be back, and we'll be happy when you are.

In the meantime, enjoy your vacation and new adventures. It's good to take an extended break once in awhile.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
pidge i hope this will be a sabbatacal and not a retirement from pool
congratulations on quitting smoking...:thumbup:
its not an easy thing to do
your lungs and heart willl thank you
i personally want to thank you for your advice and encouragement in my quest to improve
i really appreciate the time you took both in the threads and via pm to help me
if you come to florida i would like to buy you dinner...:)
wish you well in the rest of your life
larry

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Taking Vacations is Good

For what its worth, this is just Pool/Snooker or whatever it is. Once I found myself on a bad road with Pool and something pretty significant happened in my life to put it to a stop. I stopped for 10 yrs and came back to playing for 8 months. People started chasing me again and I decided to quit for better things in my life and 11 yrs later I came back again. Recently I was sort of forced into a recollection of whats more important about life and I've gained some very peaceful perspective on it, after all its just Pool. It will be whatever its going to be. Its a great escape, a place to meet and some pals to make but it can get a bit under your skin when you're in so deep. I wish you well and hope you find whatever it is that you need to look for. Snooker will always be there for you and it will be great for you again at another time, only next time maybe it will be better for you. Be well.

Robin

2016 has been an off and on year for pool. I've not really put in much table time this year. A few hours here.... A couple of months off, then another couple of hours.

I quit smoking in January so naturally avoided the snooker hall so I didn't get the habit to light one up. Took a month off until I no longer had urges and just haven't been back since.

I haven't been nearly as active on here as I was, and that's down to playing a lot of football which I never could before without coughing up my lungs.

So, see ya later pool. I'd like to say it's been nice knowing ya.... But you've been a pain in my arse for the last 20 years!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Pidge; you've been very enjoyable to read here. Count me on the list of those hoping your vacation from pool will not be a terribly long one.

In the mean time, enjoy your other hobbies.

And hell yeah, dropping the cigs was a great move.

So long bud.

best,
brian kc

Carolina_Giant

Perfection=Serenity
Silver Member
I just got back from nearly 2.5 years of never picking up a cue or going into a hall or bar. I left pretty deflated and angry, now I'm back and on fire. If you really want out for good, hope you find peace and go on to new and better things. If you ever want to come back, we'll be here to welcome you back with open arms. Smooth sailing mate!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Nobody gets out alive ;) After a year or so off, you'll miss it. If not, enjoy yourself.

Last edited:

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on quitting smoking and thanks for all the insightful posts. Maybe down the road you will be back, but for now enjoy whatever it is you decide to do.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good luck to you. I always enjoyed the different perspective you brought, as I am a fan of all cue games even though I only play 3C.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well, Pidge, you can give this game a rest for a while....
...but where's it written that you have to pack in AZ?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I've missed your posts. The obvious solution is to move to California where smoking in the pool room would not be an issue. Good luck.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is La Onda, esse. Blood in, Blood out.

images

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have fun.

Go and enjoy life and use your free time wisely. Nothing wrong with giving up pool.

Many things are more important then pool. Things like shooting guns well, hunting, fishing and spending time in the great out doors. Spending time with family, there is a long list of things more important then pool.

Pool will frustrate any one. It is so hard to master. No one cares about it except a few that put a bunch of time and energy in it.

Few can make any money at it. No one wants to watch it and it is a dying sport. Me and the rest of the pool junkies will try to hang on as long as we can, but some day we too will kick the addiction.

Can I have your cues?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
When I had to give up pool, it was hard for me to take it. After 60+ years of playing, it was like losing a friend. I still like to watch the top players on PPV. Johnnyt

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I, too, would guess that you'll return to the cue sports at some point. As I recall, you're still quite young and have already run 303 balls in straight pool plus many other high runs plus your accomplishments in snooker. Pidge -- have you ever been better at anything in life than the cue sports? Tough to entirely leave that sort of skill behind.

Have a nice sabbatical, and thanks for your contributions here so far!