For Sale: Keith Josey w/ Predator-314 and/or OB-1

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the spur of the moment, I've decided to sell my beautiful Keith Josey cue. This was one of his upper-end show-pieces at the Valley Ford 2005 convention (which has a cored weight-bolt butt, stunning cocobolo & curly maple, etc.). You can read more about this cue here: http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~peer/pool-cues.html

I have two shafts for this cue; one Predator-314 and one OB-1, (both with black collars). Give me an offer and what shaft you prefer, (if not both).

I'm not desperate selling it, but since I'm not using it anymore, I might as well sell it (unless I change my mind later today).

-- peer

Attachments

• Keith-Josey.jpg
    Keith-Josey.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 711

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Looks very close to the one that sold recently... it was listed at $500... but that was the "Deal of the Day"... or something similar... but that one had two shafts, iirc... and neither were LD, again iirc.

This is all fwiw... which may prove out to be nuthin', honey. :rolleyes:

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bestkites said:
This cue with a predator and the OB1 will retail very close to 800 bucks from Keith Josey.

Although this cue (with those two shafts) cost me quite a bit more, I was thinking of selling it for just $650, (and preferable to someone local who could actually see how nice it really is).

-- peer

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
374   0   0
Peer said:
Although this cue (with those two shafts) cost me quite a bit more, I was thinking of selling it for just $650, (and preferable to someone local who could actually see how nice it really is).

-- peer

I play at Shoreline, Lucky Shot and California Billiards and Edgie's. Since I am european as well we might be able to get a long. Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
cigardave said:
Looks very close to the one that sold recently... it was listed at $500... but that was the "Deal of the Day"... or something similar... but that one had two shafts, iirc... and neither were LD, again iirc.

This is all fwiw... which may prove out to be nuthin', honey. :rolleyes:

You are correct FWIW:rolleyes:

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
Is That Predator 30"?

Yes, you are correct -- it's a 30" Predator 314.

cigardave said:
Looks very close to the one that sold recently... it was listed at $500... but that was the "Deal of the Day"

No, you are not correct -- this cue and its shafts come from three different sources, (though, all stemming back to Keith Josey).

-- peer

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BENFICA said:
This cue with a predator and the OB1 will retail very close to 800 bucks from Keith Josey.

With the OB1 shaft, I can let it go for $600 (plus shipping).

Remember that this isn't the run-of-the-mill Josey, but a weight-cored cue that Keith used as a show-piece at the 2005 Valley Forge convention. It's stunning, (but too thick for my taste -- I never got used to it).

-- peer

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, this is my last attempt to sell this cue before it'll go as a b-day/x-mas present to my best buddy Roy, (just as Jesus, born on Christmas, he certainly deserves it even if he doesn't play much pool... although a Gibson guitar might suit him better).

Hence, give me a reasonable offer for the cue and the OB-1 shaft (the 314 is already gone). And please, as I said before, remember that this isn't a run-of-the-mill Josey, but a stunning weight-cored cue that Keith used as a show-piece at the Valley Forge convention:

Attachments

• Keith-Josey.jpg
    Keith-Josey.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

mikeyfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
where are the original shafts because if you bought the cue with these shafts from keith who i have delt with alot he would never sell a cue with the collars not matching

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mikeyfish said:
where are the original shafts because if you bought the cue with these shafts from keith who i have delt with alot he would never sell a cue with the collars not matching

If you read my piece about this cue you'll understand that I wasn't too happy with the original shaft, to say the least.

-- peer

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Peer said:

-- peer
Would you consider not selling it locally? I was going to call Josey an order one...do you happen to have the original shafts though?

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PM box is now cleared up -- sorry if any of the PM's bounced.

-- peer