For sale section

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
I find it funny that the rules in the for sale section specifically state no reply's but it literally happens all the time. There must be a way to turn off reply on the posts. Guys stop replying on for sale ads, thank you move along nothing to see here.
That's my rant for today.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Takes a mod to monitor and give time outs without warnings (as long as the rules are clearly stated).

dirtvictim

I find it funny when the same cue has been for sale for months at the same price with thousands of views. Man, if it didnt sell at your asking price, either lower the price or pull the cue, its that simple.
Made me check my old ads, already marked sold. Phew thought I was busted.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would suggest that posts with cues that are sold already be moved to a different sub-forum instead of being intermingled with items that haven’t sold.
There is now a button that the seller can press to mark the item with a green "SOLD" sticker in the title. That makes it fairly easy to pass over those.

As for the responses, I thought bumps were done by responding now.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I don't reckon I ever read the rules, I'll get right on it.
:LOL: It'll save you time from emailing people asking why you got banned for 2 weeks. I've managed classifieds before and posted 52 ways from Sunday on the forum rules included big, bold, and red fonts but inevitably people ignored or didn't pay attention. It got a lot easier just giving short term bans from an educational perspective than reminding people for the 5 thousandth time to check the forum posting rules. More fun too, a bit of satisfaction. ;)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is now a button that the seller can press to mark the item with a green "SOLD" sticker in the title. That makes it fairly easy to pass over those.

As for the responses, I thought bumps were done by responding now.
And I thought (a good while ago) it was decreed that dialog in for sale threads was (again) acceptable.

Guess the rules weren't edited, if that's accurate.

You'll have that in a small town with no sheriff.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The worst reply in the for sale section is "Nice cue I wish I had the money"
Imagine going to a Mercedes dealership and saying that to a sales person.
It happens every day. The phrase "tirekicker" originated at car dealerships

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it funny that the rules in the for sale section specifically state no reply's but it literally happens all the time. There must be a way to turn off reply on the posts. Guys stop replying on for sale ads, thank you move along nothing to see here.
So, if someone is misrepresenting a cue they are trying to sell, no replies? Also, what about the dealers who get their friends to stop in and reply, "What a great cue, and what a bargain! You want to prevent that, too? How else would you know which cues to run away from?

Last edited:

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The worst reply in the for sale section is "Nice cue I wish I had the money"
Imagine going to a Mercedes dealership and saying that to a sales person.
Except that the For Sale forum isn't like a Mercedes dealership. It's more like a used car lot where there is a wide range of quality and price. Someone looking for a $500 cue may comment on a $2500 one in the same way a $15000 Chevy buyer will say, "Nice car, I wish I had the money," when the salesman points out the $60,000 Mercedes. Either comment seems legit to me. (That is, if replies are allowed in the FS froum, which seems to be in question here.)

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some rules are so dumb they shouldn't be followed. 😴

dirtvictim

Some rules are so dumb they shouldn't be followed. 😴
Every time someone reply's to a for sale it bumps it on the page. That is why it's frowned upon, also it muddles up the page and things start getting personal on for sale when it should be a buyer and seller conversation only. Wondering why it's so hard to PM someone on an item? It's so easy even a caveman can do it.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every time someone reply's to a for sale it bumps it on the page. That is why it's frowned upon, also it muddles up the page and things start getting personal on for sale when it should be a buyer and seller conversation only. Wondering why it's so hard to PM someone on an item? It's so easy even a caveman can do it.
I have been asked to offer information and history on cues in the for sale section more than once. I never felt it was a TOS violation. If I ever wanted a listing bumped back up I'd just bring it up top every week. People used to list items so often a thread could get buried pages deep within a few hours.
Seems like starting another thread on the subject has more impact to the server than commenting on an attractive cue in an existing sale thread...
Some people have even found a stolen cues owner through a brief post interaction. Things like that benefit from the transparency of the situation.
Often, people will ask that no one reply or comment and ask for PM only.
Seems like it works for the most part.