FOR SERIOUS STUDENTS OF PROFESSIONAL METHODS FOR PLAYING THE GAME

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Which aiming system are you a faith healer of

So no aiming system?
I wanted to be fair to your inquiry, so I'll add....

If someone was starting out learning how to play. ...and I mean complete newb in terms of aim. I would suggest the 'ghost ball' approach. By far the simplest imo. I don't actively follow the practice myself, but it is easiest to explain.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now he discusses bridge distances in his book after years of working with it at the table in pivot aiming, so the pool players of the world would have access to a working tool(his book) to improve their playing.
If I drank coffee I would be spraying it all over the computer screen by now. WOW! Many of us have been telling Stan for YEARS that bridge distances matter when pivoting. We were called haters. Now he starts writing about the importance of bridge distance, apparently. If he says anything other than "Bridge distance doesn't matter" then he is doing a 180 and using "hater science" in his book.

Wow. Oh, and to top it off he allows newbies ignorant to all of this history to go out and rewrite history.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I drank coffee I would be spraying it all over the computer screen by now. WOW! Many of us have been telling Stan for YEARS that bridge distances matter when pivoting. We were called haters. Now he starts writing about the importance of bridge distance, apparently. If he says anything other than "Bridge distance doesn't matter" then he is doing a 180 and using "hater science" in his book.

Wow. Oh, and to top it off he allows newbies ignorant to all of this history to go out and rewrite history.
For the record, Stan has always talked about bridge distances with CTE. Do you make your lies up or what. How do you come up with your bullshit

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope... HAMB approach. I don't pay attention to the pretty little diamonds on the table either.
So just HAMB. Nothing else. Doesn't seem like much of a system which begs the question, why are you here in the aiming forum? Surely you must have better things to do.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the record, Stan has always talked about bridge distances with CTE. Do you make your lies up or what. How do you come up with your bullshit
We've always said the outcome angle for the shot is dependent on the bridge length with a manual pivot. The reply was some gobbeldygook nonsense. Why the heck to you think the "visual sweep" was born anyway? lol

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Gotta love the bullkaka that Asian players are disguising their pivot. First it was just Busti and Efren. Now, the whole Asian continent of players are disguising their pivot .

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
So just HAMB. Nothing else. Doesn't seem like much of a system which begs the question, why are you here in the aiming forum? Surely you must have better things to do.
It isn't a system. That's why I said I didn't use one. Pieces together rather cleanly don't you think....

I'm in the aiming forum to potentially expand my horizons. Is that ok...? Was there some special AZB membership I was supposed to apply for before venturing into this section of the forum...?

A lot of bile being casually flung about in this corner of AZB. Not the most welcoming that's for sure. There seems to be some consistency to those tossing it about as well.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not so -- in his first DVD Stan basically says it is unimportant.

From my review: Sometimes the pivot is obvious; sometimes not; sometimes the body turns, sometimes it does not; bridge length -- pick one; amount of pivot -- till it looks right...

Folks have been pointing out these problems for years.

Lou Figueroa

canwin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For years I noticed that the top Asian players were using extra long bridges most of the time instead of the old fashioned Mosconi method of 6-7-8 inches, etc.,etc.
The short bridges may(?) have been okay in the hey day of straight pool (a half table game), but now against these 9 ball and 10 ball wizards from Asia it is necessary to drive that cue ball around the table while pocketing accurately to remain at the table. And be assured that if the other guy throws a safety on you, most of the time you will be jammed up on a short rail a "mile away" from the object ball.
I began to wonder WHY the Asians seemed to use the long bridge so much?
Some of the answer has been revealed in Stan Shuffett's Master Encyclopedia of Pocket Billiards titled "CENTER POCKET MUSIC".
Stan spends a lot of time discussing bridge lengths as they relate to pivot aiming (which is almost an axiom now with Asian players and they disguise it SO well). They keep it to themselves also...which is a smart thing to do. Especially around most Americans, who by and large, seem to have a built in sense of moral and intellectual superiority toward residents of other countries.
This discussion of bridge lengths in the book should be studied, digested, and then thoroughly worked with at the practice table.
Longer bridges require less pivot, shorter bridges require greater pivots in order to arrive at the NISL (no imagination shot line). This is good news!
Studying these things will give a lot of answers toward some of the WHY concerning the Asians and some Europeans as to how they seem to be beating the daylights out of everyone they play most of the time.
Learning is a fun thing. When you stop learning, your brain atrophies and you die...both figuratively and literally.
View attachment 591043
I posted 2 disguised quotes from Sowell before you to see if you would Google the wording and actually knew which one you would post but thought I'd wait for you to ride on the coattails of it . Soo obvious.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're here so they can initiate trouble and start arguments.
Throw 'em on IGNORE, cookieman…..that tames them better than any wasted breath in conversation with them.
By the way, are you on the CTE Site? Having some very educational and sensible CTE conversations there.
I like to share that information on here as well. I tend to believe that there are players out there in this AZB site (which reaches thousands) who can think for themselves and would be interested in the modern ways of improving their game.
I've seen some there who even use Brian Crist's Poolology System, which confuses the dickens out of me but I know it works, no matter how it disturbs my slow brain. I've seen Crist play...he's no dummy, plays pretty strong at times.
Come on over and visit.
Regards,
Pete

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

From my review: Sometimes the pivot is obvious; sometimes not; sometimes the body turns, sometimes it does not; bridge length -- pick one; amount of pivot -- till it looks right...

Lou Figueroa
The first Pro1 DVD came with a small sheet or leaflet inside the cover, where bridging distances were covered. I can't prove it, since I gave mine away to another forum member, but I'm pretty sure. It may also have been mentioned in the video, I'm not entirely sure of that, however. I think the shortest shots called for a 6 inch bridge (it's been years, I can't remember), but I do think various distances had recommended bridge lengths and that they were given as ranges (for instance 10-12 inch). This was at least the case with the DVD I received, but I didn't buy it exactly at the time of release, so it may have been added later.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first Pro1 DVD came with a small sheet or leaflet inside the cover, where bridging distances were covered. I can't prove it, since I gave mine away to another forum member, but I'm pretty sure. It may also have been mentioned in the video, I'm not entirely sure of that, however. I think the shortest shots called for a 6 inch bridge (it's been years, I can't remember), but I do think various distances had recommended bridge lengths and that they were given as ranges (for instance 10-12 inch). This was at least the case with the DVD I received, but I didn't buy it exactly at the time of release, so it may have been added later.

I did not get a sheet in my DVD and I specifically mentioned bridge length in my review because it was unclear to me that any particular length was to be employed.

Lou Figueroa

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
They're here so they can initiate trouble and start arguments.
I'm lead to believe that Mr. 500 here won't see this response since his knee jerk application of the ignore function. However, this is an unwarranted assumption on his part.

I simply asked if he was this Stan Shuffett fellow, (I honestly didn't/don't know), and if not was his opinion of Stan Shuffett's character based off of blind faith. Speaking in absolutes about how someone else did/does/will conduct themselves is awfully bold. I don't see how either question is designed to "initiate trouble" or "start arguments'.

I do however enjoy discussing things in an objective manner. I'm getting the feeling that this isn't something that happens easily in the aiming sub-forum

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm lead to believe that Mr. 500 here won't see this response since his knee jerk application of the ignore function. However, this is an unwarranted assumption on his part.

I simply asked if he was this Stan Shuffett fellow, (I honestly didn't/don't know), and if not was his opinion of Stan Shuffett's character based off of blind faith. Speaking in absolutes about how someone else did/does/will conduct themselves is awfully bold. I don't see how either question is designed to "initiate trouble" or "start arguments'.

I do however enjoy discussing things in an objective manner. I'm getting the feeling that this isn't something that happens easily in the aiming sub-forum
Unfortunately your last paragraph is spot on

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
So he does talk about them, but yes for the most part they aren't important enough to think about.
Part of the problem is you and the "folks" have been wrong for years.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've always said the outcome angle for the shot is dependent on the bridge length with a manual pivot. The reply was some gobbeldygook nonsense. Why the heck to you think the "visual sweep" was born anyway? lol
And we've always said that you do not understand the CTE pivot. Do you really think we pivot from the bridge point after we've proven that we don't. BHE is from the bridge point, not the CTE pivot.

canwin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Much of what you do is disguised, and everything you post has nothing to do with aiming.
I passed the aiming aspect long ago. What do you call contributing..an endless filibuster of Simon says do this, flailing of mindless flattering ego driven drama ?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I passed the aiming aspect long ago. What do you call contributing..an endless filibuster of Simon says do this, flailing of mindless flattering ego driven drama ?
Me thinks you have the ego problem or is it lack of self esteem. Popping in with stupid one liners that have no value it has to be one or the other

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Me thinks you have the ego problem or is it lack of self esteem. Popping in with stupid one liners that have no value it has to be one or the other
Not everything from this page:
Do you make your lies up or what. How do you come up with your bullshit
.....why are you here in the aiming forum? Surely you must have better things to do.
Much of what you do is disguised, and everything you post has nothing to do with aiming.
Just saying that a pot should check it's own colour before calling the kettle black.