Found this simple to understand U-tube.šŸ§

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I honestly do not understand why if CTE is a simple system, you need buy a small book with 500 pages to grasp.

I watched the U-tube twice, started trying the ideas in video showed.

Had some success with the no frills system.šŸ‘

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
That's not how CTE is done...but if it works for you...use it :alien:
Which brings up an important point actually. With a minority of exceptions happening in the fairly recent last few years, there are essentially as many versions of CTE as there are people using CTE. Everybody was doing something different, substantial not meaningless differences, yet each of those versions always worked perfectly for their users according to their users.

Does it make more sense that there are 3,462 versions of CTE aiming systems that all work perfectly (which is exactly what all 3,462 users have claimed for their versions)? Or does it make more sense that 3,462 widely different versions have all worked perfectly for their users because what is really going on is their users are just subconsciously adjusting for the correct aim lines based on experience just like everybody else and they just don't realize it because it is just that, being done subconsciously? One of those has lower odds than two unrelated people having identical DNA, and the other is a very common phenomena that has an extensive history of happening with humans all the time everywhere you look. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why billions of versions of CTE all "work" for their users.

Which leads into the obvious question. Does it really make sense to introduce a number of extra variables into the equation that didn't have to be there like pivots and such when you are really just subconsciously adjusting by feel and experience anyway? Wouldn't the extra unnecessary and superfluous variables likely be more of a detriment in the long run?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was my problem with cte. I just didnā€™t like all the moving around and pivoting. after 30 years of playing I donā€™t miss a shot because I didnā€™t know my aiming point. If I miss itā€™s because of bad fundamentals or I miscalculated the spin which cte isnā€™t going to help me with. in the end itā€™s to each his own. If it works for you use it.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everything that "Play Great Pool" by Mark Wilson treats as essentials to actually playing great pool starts with having proper alignment to the shot and then stroking straight through the cue ball towards that aiming point. Also, finding center ball on the cue ball is one of the keys to not inducing unwanted throw to the OB, especially on OBs with great distance to the intended pocket.

How in the world one can do any of that with all of this pivoting of the cue tip once already supposedly aligned to the shot is well beyond me. Thanks, interesting video, but I think that I will stay with my own aiming technique for now;)

Adding a pivoting cue tip to my pre shot routine is just another variable that I can do without!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Everything that "Play Great Pool" by Mark Wilson treats as essentials to actually playing great pool starts with having proper alignment to the shot and then stroking straight through the cue ball towards that aiming point. Also, finding center ball on the cue ball is one of the keys to not inducing unwanted throw to the OB, especially on OBs with great distance to the intended pocket.

How in the world one can do any of that with all of this pivoting of the cue tip once already supposedly aligned to the shot is well beyond me. Thanks, interesting video, but I think that I will stay with my own aiming technique for now;)

Adding a pivoting cue tip to my pre shot routine is just another variable that I can do without!
Pivoting is a gimmick.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Actually you did not what this particular U-Tube as the instructor does not Pivot!

Watch and if you mind is open you all see you are wrong about pivoting.
You are wrong because you disagreed with yourself .
I said pivoting is a gimmick.
And this one on your link does not pivot .
So, how am i wrong with pivoting when he does not do pivots ?