Fractional aiming and required accuracy

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW Bob. What do you have actual accurate numbers with cut angles where friction(CIT) is also counted? also how much difference in CIT when using slow stun vs rolling cueball?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BTW Bob. What do you have actual accurate numbers with cut angles where friction(CIT) is also counted? also how much difference in CIT when using slow stun vs rolling cueball?
That's covered on Dr. Dave's website, somewhere. It depends on the condition of the balls and the speed of the shot. It's easy to do the test yourself with donuts. As I recall the test I did, which was the speed needed for a one pocket long-way bank, stun was 4 degrees and draw/follow were both 2 degrees for a half-ball cut. It's in one of my articles in Billiards Digest.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's covered on Dr. Dave's website, somewhere. It depends on the condition of the balls and the speed of the shot. It's easy to do the test yourself with donuts. As I recall the test I did, which was the speed needed for a one pocket long-way bank, stun was 4 degrees and draw/follow were both 2 degrees for a half-ball cut. It's in one of my articles in Billiards Digest.

These two videos cover everything fairly well:

There are many intricacies involved with throw (and much of it is non-intuitive). If you want to get into the nitty-gritty details, see the list of effects and supporting resources here:

If you instead want a simplified version, see the "summary of the important things you need to know in your game about throw" at the bottom of the page here:

Enjoy,
Dave