Frost pissed off the Lion, discussing pool etiquette

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If I said Scott Frost won, I'd be Lion.

I heard that Alex was holed up at the Riviera. That must be where...wait for it...the lion sleeps tonight. :smile:

Hey, that's better than being a cheetah.

The Lion must have been feline pretty good after he won.

Still not as impressive as Alex's cougarageous comeback in the TAR match against Shane.

This outcome lynx Frost to Shane, both having lost big money games to Alex.

I can do this all day and never tiger.

You sure do talk about animals an ocelot.

How did my name get mentioned around all these horrible puns?
....if making people groan was a felony....you'd all be doing life.

Okay, I admit it...I liked it

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With respect to.scott:
Undeniably lne of the best pool players of our generation.
Once behavior is displayed, control of it no longer belongs to the individual.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He just won the make it happen which was multiple races to 4 in a day I'm sure he'll be fine. ...

At the MIH event, Efren played one match on Thursday (3 games), one match on Friday (4 games), two matches on Saturday (13 games), and two matches on Sunday (13 games) -- total 33 games in 4 days.

The Frost/Reyes match in July is a race to 30, must win by 2. So, potentially, it could go over 60 games in 4 days. That still may not pose a stamina problem for Efren unless quite a few of the games enter the nether regions of the up-table wedge game.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No one has any more info to add regarding Frost/Pagulayan matches of the past? See Post #34 above.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With respect to.scott:

Who does it belong to?

We are responsible for our own actions. right?

I am trying to understand what you are saying exactly. Please elaborate.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
With respect to.scott:

Who does it belong to?

I read it as....once your exhibit your behaviour, it goes to the public domain.....
...it WILL be talked about.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
At the MIH event, Efren played one match on Thursday (3 games), one match on Friday (4 games), two matches on Saturday (13 games), and two matches on Sunday (13 games) -- total 33 games in 4 days.

The Frost/Reyes match in July is a race to 30, must win by 2. So, potentially, it could go over 60 games in 4 days. That still may not pose a stamina problem for Efren unless quite a few of the games enter the nether regions of the up-table wedge game.

This is "Right On"...... Efren is playing top shelf right now, but will have a hard time going 40 games in 4 days, let alone 60, if it goes that long.

Scott will try to stretch each game as much as he can, for sure.

BrianaBrown13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't judge Scott Frost on this ill-timed behavior. He isn't the first, nor last professional to have moments like this. Tiger Woods use to throw clubs and drop F-bombs during most every tournament. John McEnroe, threw sissy fits at almost every tournament. As of late, Scott's gone out of his way to help a young man fighting cancer. Its probably made a big difference in his fight If more of the so called Professionals would starting helping, rather than hindering this sport, there would be millions of dollars available. Everyone has confrontations every now and again.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
.... If more of the so called Professionals would starting helping, rather than hindering this sport, there would be millions of dollars available. Everyone has confrontations every now and again.

Millions of dollars available huh? Care to explain that?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who does it belong to?

I am saying he is a true pool giant who made a poor choice and for his actions to be disparaged by the public may be filed under th 'tough shit' category.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Lion must have been feline pretty good after he won.

Still not as impressive as Alex's cougarageous comeback in the TAR match against Shane.

This outcome lynx Frost to Shane, both having lost big money games to Alex.

I can do this all day and never tiger.

I had to paws for a second there because eye cat tail if you're lion.
Oh well, nobody's purrfect.

Btw, if Alex misses a hanger...does that mean a cat dogged it?

Last edited:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know if poolactiontv sells the 8 ahead match?

The OP says so but I don't see it on the web page. I send them a message yesterday via their "contact us" link and got no reply.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I don't know Scott Frost in real life, but every time I watch him play or commentate he comes off as a jerk. Some people are like that when they play, and he is far from the worst I've seen, but it is what it is. Maybe he's a great guy in other situations, for all that I know.

I think the lesson Scott Frost should take from this is: Don't be catty to a lion.

Last edited:

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know Scott Frost in real life, but every time I watch him play or commentate he comes off as a jerk.

I've actually found his commentary to be excellent. I think he and Jayson Shaw did commentary on the Chinook Winds event last year and it was very interesting to hear them debate shot selection (8b).

Gideon

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As to the title of the post "etiquette", when you are at the table, play pool, interact with the crowd and rail birds if you like. When your turn is over, keep your yap shut, go have a seat, and be still and quiet until it's your turn to come up to the table. All of the barking and sharking takes away from the game. And folks wonder why there is not more money in the game for the pros. :rolleyes: If you are a pro, act like one and not some 3 year old. Geez!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let us not forget: champions are fueled in large part by hate.
Hatred for losing, for the opponent, for mediocrity, for those stupid spheres that may defy control.

Who wants some? Bring it.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the match where a certain player blamed his poor play on withdrawal from getting off the "pills"?