Frozen ball

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
We’ve all been playing incorrectly. How can an object ball frozen to the CB be considered a good hit but a ball frozen to the rail not be a good rail? They should both be good hits or both bad hits. True or false?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a rule but WW raises a good point. Possibly with a frozen CB/OB something still must be driven to a rail and with ball frozen to a rail, there must be a separate contact of the rail.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep in mind a ball frozen to the rail needs to be driven to another rail because the rule makers had the foresight to avoid near-stalemate games where skilled players keep nipping into the same ball endlessly.
Nit nurse. Wonder what the record is. (?)

23DenaliBDE

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I did see something nearly happen during league that I realized I did not know the answer to, had it happened. If an object ball or cue ball strike a ball frozen to the rail and no actual contact with the rail occurs, is the shot legal and considered to have hit a rail?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did see something nearly happen during league that I realized I did not know the answer to, had it happened. If an object ball or cue ball strike a ball frozen to the rail and no actual contact with the rail occurs, is the shot legal and considered to have hit a rail?
Nothing touches the rail, except the struck object ball?

Foul. After contact, a ball must be driven to the rail?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Its basic in any rule set.

As is the fact the outgoing player has to declare the frozen ball as such.
This is why I highly doubt you'll ever see an instance of this occurring. The opponent would need to have the fore sight to determine a ball not involved with the primary shot is in fact frozen to the rail prior to the shot being made. This isn't something you can pull off while the potential foul shot is in action.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is why I highly doubt you'll ever see an instance of this occurring. The opponent would need to have the fore sight to determine a ball not involved with the primary shot is in fact frozen to the rail prior to the shot being made. This isn't something you can pull off while the potential foul shot is in action.
It definitely behooves the outgoing player to call ANY frozen ball frozen, irrespective of its perceived involvement in the proximate inning.

There's a lotta balls and some weird shit can happen.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
I’m saying if a frozen ball to the rail isn’t considered to hit the rail how can the CB touching the OB to start be considered a hit on that ball. You never hit the OB. It might hit the rail after but never hit the CB. I mean it almost makes more sense to be the opposite way around. Because when a ball is frozen to the rail and compresses the rail it at least touches a different part of the rail. I honestly just put this up for the late nighters on Saturday. Lol

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Doesn't the OB have to move a little to be considered a hit?

pj
chgo
Well yeah but you never actually hit it. If the second half of a hit is considered to be a hit then you’d be able to combo a frozen combo with your opponents ball as long as you can freeze the CB on opponents ball. Or in 9 a higher ball. And it should be legal