FS: 2010 John Davis Fullsplice Blanks-_New Group!

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
www.superiorcues.com is an authorized dealer of John Davis 4 point 4 veneer fullsplice cue blanks. A new group of blanks have arrived and are up on the site. The second splice blanks include a buttsleeve section of the pointwood. There is a vast selection right now with lots of colorful veneer and exotic wood combos. Prices start at $350.00 plus shipping. These John Davis blanks are very well constructed and are not intentended for practice. If the buyer is not a qualified cuemaker, the buyer will need to state that they have a qualified cuemaker in mind to finish the blank. I can also work with you on a custom John Davis blank order. Click here to see the blanks in stock: http://www.superiorcues.com/John-Davis-Blanks.html Thanks, Martin

JD23.jpg

JD24.jpg

JD25.jpg

JD28.jpg

JD30.jpg

JD32.jpg

Last edited:

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Nice blanks... I've got one I'm working on. But I'm curious - who/what determines a "qualified" cuemaker?

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
How in the hell did you get one! You aren't on the committe's approved list:D

Actually it is a "soft" guideline Ross. John Davis and I would like to minimize the number of people who might "practice" or otherwise do a lousy job with a blank and have it reflect poorly on John. It takes a certain amount of skill and care to keep points reasonably even, fill small voids, and otherwise work with a good blank. When John first made his comeback, one guy I won't name took a second splice blank and for some unknown reason, made it a wrapless! In reality though, once someone makes a blank purchase, they can use it for a backscratcher or do anything they please with it. We can only hope that the blanks will be made into attractive and good playing cues. I hope you have a good experiece with the blank you have.

Martin

Nice blanks... I've got one I'm working on. But I'm curious - who/what determines a "qualified" cuemaker?

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
Sorry...there are still many to choose from. I can always take an order for one with a deposit. Usually about 4 month wait. I don't know if John has any more high figure hard curly heartwood squares...they are uncommon.

Martin

JD9.jpg

That, is sooo beautiful. Too bad it's sold :(

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
reps for martin

as super really nice guy who trys to help any way he can....thanks to you and bump for some really nice blanks....i have a john davis blank callaluca heading my way next week and i cant wait to get it in action...thanks again martin.....mickey

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
Thanks for the good words Mickey. I hope the Joe C Davis blank cue is a winner for you.

Martin

as super really nice guy who trys to help any way he can....thanks to you and bump for some really nice blanks....i have a john davis blank callaluca heading my way next week and i cant wait to get it in action...thanks again martin.....mickey

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
Just bumping...had an very enjoyable visit with John and Jim C. today at the well equipped Davis shop in Chicago. John, a man of good humor and integrity, is an important link in American cuebuilding history by his association with Burton Spain and others. John has a strong and continuing committment to build high quality veneered full splice blanks. In the future, he'll be devoting more time to building custom cues. I wish I would have brought a camera along for a few photos! Thanks John and Jim.

Martin

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
No Problem Ken, so long as what you're looking for is not highly unusual. Generally8 to 10 weeks lead time. I'll be glad to discuss the possibilities with you. PM if you'd like my phone#.

Martin

IF I want one that you dont have can I order it?

Ken

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hello sir a moment of your time-

I'm not trying to tarnish anything John makes- I 'm just checking with others- have you had any returned?? From cue makers working on the blanks?? I bought a tulip and ebony - it was warped like .017 and returned to me. I was crushed- your's look great. The true test is spinning them. so that means drilling out the joint area first!! What kind of warranty do you offer? If the cue maker drills the joint hole and says its warped ?? thanks for your honesty and thanks in advance for your reply- mark.

Lt Dan

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Davis blanks/cues!

FULL SPLICE FULL SPLICE FULL SPLICE!!!
"if it aint got points, it aint got character"
John Davis is truly an American craftsman; A Master at His craft! when you own a Davis, only ONE person created that blank/cue; John Davis!024.jpg

013 - Copy.jpg

029.jpg

039.jpg

DSCN1072.JPG
always consider having Tim Prince converting your Davis blank!

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
1. Any unaltered blank may be returned for a full refund less shipping upon arrival if the buyer does not like it for any reason.
2. Please comprehend that these are not finished butts but greatly OVERSIZED blanks. They are longer and fatter end to end, by far, than a finished butt would be. I have not heard of any blank not working out when in the hands of a COMPETENT cuemaker. The 15 or blanks so I've been involved with finishing have had ZERO problems start to finish. A competent maker willl know how to slow cut and recenter the blank to achieve a perfecctly straight butt with as close to even points as possible. No blank made by anyone can compensate for someone lacking in cuemaking knowledge. That is why we make a token effort to find out who is gonna do the blank build out. We've seen a few examples of less than compenetnt work here on AZB with John's blanks.
3. The blanks are precision made from seasoned hardwoods. They make excellent to outstanding cues. I'm glad to discuss the particulars of any of the John Davis blanks in stock. I can also point anyone in the direction of a competent cuemaker.

PM me for my phone number if you have other questions.

Martin

I'm not trying to tarnish anything John makes- I 'm just checking with others- have you had any returned?? From cue makers working on the blanks?? I bought a tulip and ebony - it was warped like .017 and returned to me. I was crushed- your's look great. The true test is spinning them. so that means drilling out the joint area first!! What kind of warranty do you offer? If the cue maker drills the joint hole and says its warped ?? thanks for your honesty and thanks in advance for your reply- mark.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Example

Here is a cue I will receive tomorrow made from one of these blanks. As you all know, Martin is top notch in customer service, check it out!

Last edited:

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

tulip and ebony would be a pretty tough combo to keep perfect without time. Johns blanks go out at .960 at the smallest, which leaves more than enough to get rid of .017. Any competent cue maker would make several passes on this wood combo over time. P.S. you don't drill out the joint hole so you can see how true it spins....thats the last thing thats done. Hopefully your knowledge has not come from a cuemaker. If your cuemaker is drilling out the joint at more than .100 over, then he's probably not competent.

Just my 2 cents, but i know John will scrap a blank without a half a second thought if theres any ? about its integrity.