FS Batch 3: Shurtz, Tim Scruggs, Frank Paradise, Schon, Meucci, Palmer, Joss Cues

Steve-O22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
As stated previously (sorry for the long wait for those that were interested!), I am helping my father put up some of his custom cue collection for sale.

Anywho, we want the cues to do the talking, so if you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask here in this thread, or PM me and I will try to reply and accurately as possible. If you would like close up pictures or see something that can help your decision with a new picture, I'll try my best to get you new pictures asap. Feel free to email me if you prefer: MIDWESTREPPER15(AT)YAHOO.COM

PLEASE NOTE - Cash offers only! Local pickup/cash (CHICAGO AREA) is a huge plus and prices could be better negotiated. IF you prefer paypal/wire transfer/money, you will have to pay the appropriate fee + these cues are not to ship until all money has cleared and have cash in hand. Shipping will be priority, carefully packaged and shipped with insurance, and confirmation, paid for by the buyer.

I spoke with Marcus (FAST_N_LOOSE) and he will be handling the escrow service if the buyer chooses to.

All offers will be considered, but please try not to bust his (cue) balls. My father has been out of the market for a few years now and we tried to price accordingly.

Ps- if anyone can provide any further details about these cues, please feel free to chime in and help out!

Thank you for looking!!!

Shurtz $1100
This beautiful cue measures 58” long, weighs 20.4 oz and has a polished stainless steel joint. Included is another tight grained maple shaft, both with Hurcules tips. The butt and forearm are mode of beautiful Coco Bolo wood, the lighter colored inlaid wood is Bocote. There are 18 separate Bocote inlays and 18 separate Malachite (green) inlays. There are 10 nickel silver ringsthat sandwich a piece of indexed cut Coco Bolo, producing 15 divisions in each set of rings. Many man hours and lots of inlay work.

shurtz1.jpg

shurtz2.jpg

shurtz3.jpg

Tim Scruggs **EDITED** $OLD
I used this cue for many years growing up, it is my personal favorite cue that I have ever used. I just LOVE the way it hits, and hits hard. It was made it 1983, 4 points, has a unadorned ebony butt, delicately executed trim rings just above the buttcap, black with red specked Irish linen, the forebutt is a superb piece of tobacco stained birdseye maple with four perfectly executed and razor sharp points of the blackest ebony wood with 4 veneers of black/red/maple/black to simply define the points.

scruggs1.jpg

scruggs2.jpg

scruggs3.jpg

Frank Paradise **EDITED** $OLD
**EDITED** Not too much known about this cue. At least one of the shafts are NOT straight, due to the age. Its definitely a very old cue, and it shows. Just being honest as possible. Please ask for photos if still interested!

frankp1.jpg

frankp2.jpg

frankp3.jpg

Last edited:

Steve-O22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Schon Cues $700
Schon LTD #334, 19.6 oz, 13 mm shaft. Very nice looking cue!

schon1.jpg

schon2.jpg

schon3.jpg

Meucci $500

meucci1.jpg

Meucci $500

meucci4.jpg

Palmer $300

palmer1.jpg

Joss Cues $400

josscues1.jpg

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
your prices are off on the scruggs and paradise! They will not last long FOR SURE!!!!

The lower end cues are on the HIGH side based on the economy and cue market. I would search the for sale forum for historical prices on the scruggs and paradise. You may even try finding a blue book of cues to help you!

Click search and type in the brand cue! Some delete the price and try to hide the true market for your cues and will delete sale price and other info that will hurt their bread and butter cue deals. Buying low and selling high!!!

Hey, some wont even spring for a club membership and are on here everyday doing cue deals. GO FIGURE!!!!

But, hey a good son helping pops unload his cue collection is always a nice jesture and you got some brownie points coming from me!!!!!

Hope this helps
Kid Dynomite

Steve-O22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey KD! Thank for help most definitely! I had a feeling as soon as I posted the Scruggs that it was going to get some good interest for it b/c I received 2 offers within the first 5 minutes.

Thanks again for the kind word and help! Much appreciated.

Steve-O22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Edited the Paradise. Will take more pictures tomorrow, along with more details about the condition.

thanks again!

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
This thread turned into ebay quickly..........

Yep....the AZ auction center....best of luck selling the cues.

When you list an asking price and someone says they will take it, that is usually the end of the sales thread. It is in poor taste to alter a thread into an auction because you feel that you can hold out for more. You asked a price and an AZ member said "I will take it". End of story. Just cancel the threads on here and list them on Ebay, especially if you did not intend to honor your word. If your word can not be trusted, then not much else can, either.

Joe

Steve-O22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Woah, woah! I AM PERSONALLY TERRIBLY SORRY! We did not mean to break any rules or anything like that in any way! I guess he just knew as soon as he got the resonses he was pissed he it much too low. Once again, very sorry.

I promise, it will not happen again! I will contact the first person with the Paradise and considerate it sold.

As for the Shruggs, sorry for that. We were way more concerned about this cue than the Paradise. He got a really good deal on the Scruggs way back, and really only considered that for pricing it so low. He did not realize it would get so much attention. Saying that, I will change the price and that will be that. I will offer my dad right now $1000 for this cue, so that is where its exactly at. If someone wants it for $1000, its theres. No bidding of any type, guaranteed.

Thank you guys and again, very sorry for any problems!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Wish i wasnt tapped out....i would take the Shurtz and Scruggs in a heartbeat !!!!

Good Luck with Sale, cant wait to see second batch !

-Steve

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I tried to help out and it is clear you are new to the forum and never sold anything on here.

I would say do what you feel is right! Saying " i will take it " after another member disclosed a pricing issue or mistake ain't really ethical either! two wrongs don't make a right!

I would check the time you editted your post and the time the pm or message was sent. if prior then fine. but if after then no. each message has time it was editted or created.

hope this help. no one will blame you what ever you decide!!!

best
kid dynomite

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Woah, woah! I AM PERSONALLY TERRIBLY SORRY! We did not mean to break any rules or anything like that in any way! I guess he just knew as soon as he got the resonses he was pissed he it much too low. Once again, very sorry.

I promise, it will not happen again! I will contact the first person with the Paradise and considerate it sold.

As for the Shruggs, sorry for that. We were way more concerned about this cue than the Paradise. He got a really good deal on the Scruggs way back, and really only considered that for pricing it so low. He did not realize it would get so much attention. Saying that, I will change the price and that will be that. I will offer my dad right now $1000 for this cue, so that is where its exactly at. If someone wants it for $1000, its theres. No bidding of any type, guaranteed.

Thank you guys and again, very sorry for any problems!
I'll take the Scruggs

Glen

Steve-O22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Update:

Scruggs is pending on one unread PM (waiting for response) and another is a local member that I am meeting tomorrow before noon for both the Paradise (for sure), and the Scruggs if I do not receive a repsonse from the first gentlemen.

Thanks again everyone for your help! And thanks for looking!

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Update:

Scruggs is pending on one unread PM (waiting for response) and another is a local member that I am meeting tomorrow before noon for both the Paradise (for sure), and the Scruggs if I do not receive a repsonse from the first gentlemen.

Thanks again everyone for your help! And thanks for looking!
Nice Scruggs.

Glen

Last edited: