Full splice cues

Scothron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m hoping that with all the cue knowledge on these forums, someone can help me out. I’m looking for a few names of people that make good quality fullsplice blanks. Not the butterfly design, but the more traditional style four pointers. With or without veneers. Preferably people that may have a few already ready to ship. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I’m hoping that with all the cue knowledge on these forums, someone can help me out. I’m looking for a few names of people that make good quality fullsplice blanks. Not the butterfly design, but the more traditional style four pointers. With or without veneers. Preferably people that may have a few already ready to ship. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I've been drinking and cannot remember the name right now.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Davis, who recently passed away, was renowned for this kind of work. Try superiorcues.com.

Prarther Cue and Andrew Rounceville also come to mind.

You may still stumble across an occasional Mark Bear blank for sale.

I’m sure there are others.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just search the forums, spend a few hours and get to know the place.
it will be in your best interest,
in fact, spend a few days looking around. Good Luck

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Davis, who recently passed away, was renowned for this kind of work. Try superiorcues.com.

Prarther Cue and Andrew Rounceville also come to mind.

You may still stumble across an occasional Mark Bear blank for sale.

I’m sure there are others.
You know who else made a nice 4 point less veneers, JOSS.
Find a JOSS 4 point plain w sideways W and you've got a cue.

Scothron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve looked through many of the forums, but have found it difficult to contact people. I’ve messaged Andrew Rounceville on Facebook multiple times and no reply. That’s just one example. I have looked through the John Davis blanks at superior, but they said they are running low on them right now.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve looked through many of the forums, but have found it difficult to contact people. I’ve messaged Andrew Rounceville on Facebook multiple times and no reply. That’s just one example. I have looked through the John Davis blanks at superior, but they said they are running low on them right now.

Prather has a bunch in the “premades” section of their website. They’ll custom build blanks, too.

https://prathercue.com/collections/premades

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shelby Williams (str8eight)
Ernie Omori
Prather
Schmelke
Rounceville would be a good choice if you can get a response.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Kelly Peterson here at AZB, is doing fantastic work. He is as meticulous as they come. Larry Vigus, and Shelby Williams also come to mind.
MVPcues.com

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
You know who else made a nice 4 point less veneers, JOSS.
Find a JOSS 4 point plain w sideways W and you've got a cue.

Joss never made a cue with a sideways "W". Billy Stroud made Joss West cues with a sideways "W".

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rounceville is booked up. I contacted him a couple months ago about a ebony/be sp blank. He said he was something like a year out on them, maybe more. He does incredible work. Prather makes very nice ones also.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Try Shelby Williams. You won't be disappointed. Also, talk to Kelly Peterson, of MVP Cues. They are both turning out quality products.

Last edited:

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
+1 for Shelby Williams.

(Larry Vigus also makes a fantastic full splice but good luck getting one)

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Prather and schmelke probably make the vast majority of full splice blanks right now.

Someone mentioned Joss, don’t remember seeing many full splice cues from them.

Just not many people that do their own traditional full splice cues right now.