Cat and dog

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,739

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
wow there's like five different answers to that...

what's funny is that I would think the teacher was trying to imply that B) is the right answer but it's not...lol

If you look at it from a perspective of a straight up random selection of 4 possible answers it's 25%.

However, 25% is two of the possible answers, so it would be 50%...

However, 50% is one of the possible answers also, so it would be 75%.

However, 75% is not a possible answer, so it would be 0%....

Jaden

flash5153

none
Silver Member
what's funny is that I would think the teacher was trying to imply that B) is the right answer but it's not...lol

If you look at it from a perspective of a straight up random selection of 4 possible answers it's 25%.

Jaden

I see what you are saying but if a random draw on 4 possible answers ,,,the answer is 25%. It doesn't matter what the other choices are. That's a trap to read any other answer other than 25%. they mean nada.

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden

The whole point of this one is that there is no correct answer given those choices. Made me think tho.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I see what you are saying but if a random draw on 4 possible answers ,,,the answer is 25%. It doesn't matter what the other choices are. That's a trap to read any other answer other than 25%. they mean nada.

The answers are not evenly distributed. There's a 50% chance of randomly choosing "25%" and 25% of choosing one of the other two.

There is no answer to the question. It's a paradox.

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member

Jaden

I think your math might be a little off. You can't count the real answer into the question's hypothesis. You still have a 1 in 4 chance when answering randomly. But, because the values of two of the choices are the same, you could say you have a 2 in 4 chance to get in right. The answer is 50%.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I think your math might be a little off. You can't count the real answer into the question's hypothesis. You still have a 1 in 4 chance when answering randomly. But, because the values of two of the choices are the same, you could say you have a 2 in 4 chance to get in right. The answer is 50%.

The chance of you randomly choosing the 50% answer is 25%. The chance of you randomly picking one of the 25% answers is 50%.

Ain't no correct answer IMO! A real mind-bender! Like this guy:

Attachments

• drunk melon man.jpg
    drunk melon man.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,930