Funny pic/gif thread...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

90mimb_7508e8d2ccc752215f051286f9eec016_aacf86ff_400.gif

Reminds me of the old roman candle wars. Those old candles held twenty balls if you got the big ones and had a real tendency to blow the last three or four out of the bottom of the candle. I hated that dad wouldn't let us have roman candle wars. Years later it was bottle rocket wars. Me and the neighbor two doors down on the other side of the street would buy many gross apiece of the little bottle rockets and throw them at each other in fun. The neighbor in between had no sense of humor!

Hu

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Reminds me of the old roman candle wars. Those old candles held twenty balls if you got the big ones and had a real tendency to blow the last three or four out of the bottom of the candle. I hated that dad wouldn't let us have roman candle wars. Years later it was bottle rocket wars. Me and the neighbor two doors down on the other side of the street would buy many gross apiece of the little bottle rockets and throw them at each other in fun. The neighbor in between had no sense of humor!

Hu
Hu I grew up in the Midwest, fireworks ruled and still do as far as I know. Around the forth the smoke could be so heavy that it was tricky driving after dark. We had major pop bottle rocket wars. I cringe when I think about the "near misses" we had.
We would buy bottle rockets called " Whistling Moon Rocket-with report"
These beauties would fire off screeching, and than explode :cool:.

Lady fingers would also fit nicely into the barrel of a BB gun. Drop them into a barrel until the wick stopped them, lite them and pull the trigger/no BB needed. The compressed air alone would expel the ordinance far enough that it was similar to a Pop bottle rocket but much cheaper.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have noticed that there is no marketing to sell meat as if it is cauliflower and broccoli flavoured for the vegans.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hu I grew up in the Midwest, fireworks ruled and still do as far as I know. Around the forth the smoke could be so heavy that it was tricky driving after dark. We had major pop bottle rocket wars. I cringe when I think about the "near misses" we had.
We would buy bottle rockets called " Whistling Moon Rocket-with report"
These beauties would fire off screeching, and than explode :cool:.

Lady fingers would also fit nicely into the barrel of a BB gun. Drop them into a barrel until the wick stopped them, lite them and pull the trigger/no BB needed. The compressed air alone would expel the ordinance far enough that it was similar to a Pop bottle rocket but much cheaper.

Most of those things only cause minor damage. I got sidetracked and didn't finish that those old roman candles caused major injuries pretty much every holiday. Those balls blowing back into somebody/s stomach at point blank range were no joke. We got older and found heavier and heavier fireworks until we were playing with the real industrial and farm m-80's. Those were fine for fishing too! We came close to real damage with those.

I always laughed when I heard my cousins claiming the things they never did when they were kids while punishing their own. I always told my kids the truth, I got punished for being stupid, they were going to be too! Amazing that we all grew up with the regulation issue of eyes, fingers, and toes! I did have friends, neighbors, and extended family missing this or that. Dad was light two fingers from getting impatient cleaning a corn puller that kept jamming, might have been one thing that made me slightly careful to go along with lucky. I did have some explosions near my hand and have been hard of hearing since at least fifteen so maybe I didn't come off totally unscathed. Of course we never wore hearing protection shooting until I was an adult either.

Speaking of "adults", a group of my friends all had commercial firewworks licenses. There was an explosion powerful enough that the police and ATF and such were involved. After making the news since klan activity was heavy in the area there was an anonymous phone call that it had been a little overenthusiastic play!

Hu

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a husky long ago.
I'd rather have my rottie back, but the husky was a real cool dog.
So cool in fact, it did not care what I said or wanted!
It used to sleep all day at my bed's foot and if parents/ siblings opened door to see why I was still asleep at 4...grrrrrr.
( I was asleep at 4pm coz I got back from the pool hall at 6am! Good times, no bills but the ones in my pockets...)

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Dumb mofo!
been there, done that!

Go in the woods and everything runs away. Go in the ocean and your just a part of it. It is very exhilarating to be able to interact with everything from small fish and octopi to really big creatures like sharks, manta rays, dolphin etc. Of course you have to be careful but it's not really as dangerous as you think. My craziest was a 7-8 foot Tiger shark. Never forget that day!

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a husky long ago.
I'd rather have my rottie back, but the husky was a real cool dog.
So cool in fact, it did not care what I said or wanted!
It used to sleep all day at my bed's foot and if parents/ siblings opened door to see why I was still asleep at 4...grrrrrr.
( I was asleep at 4pm coz I got back from the pool hall at 6am! Good times, no bills but the ones in my pockets...)
So, when did you actually stop mooching off your poor parents?

(luvya Man, just teasin')