jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

gifs_03.gif

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

In the late eighties the little R&D corp. I was VP of was chasing military contracts. One was for bug sized drones, another was for real chocolate that didn't melt in desert temperatures. Both of these things came to be as well as insect cyborgs that carried cameras and microphones. They wanted the bugs for indoor use, to fly through doors unnoticed when opened to let someone in or out. I think they got most things on their wish lists although some took over a decade to get working. One of our projects was building a 1/3 cubic inch freon compressor. Introduced me to the world of micro tolerances where the machines couldn't cut it and final fit was by hand! Tolerance, 0.00025 of an inch maximum!

Hu

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
In the late eighties the little R&D corp. I was VP of was chasing military contracts. One was for bug sized drones, another was for real chocolate that didn't melt in desert temperatures. Both of these things came to be as well as insect cyborgs that carried cameras and microphones. They wanted the bugs for indoor use, to fly through doors unnoticed when opened to let someone in or out. I think they got most things on their wish lists although some took over a decade to get working. One of our projects was building a 1/3 cubic inch freon compressor. Introduced me to the world of micro tolerances where the machines couldn't cut it and final fit was by hand! Tolerance, 0.00025 of an inch maximum!

Hu
Two and a half tenths sucks to hold 😂