AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
aa.jpg

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

Few realize how far a horse can open their mouth or how hard they can bite. They can open their mouth about a foot. Stopped to feed my horses on the way to work one morning and an impatient bitch just bit at my arm. Her teeth raked from near my elbow to near my shoulder. Hurt a lot, and I had to go climb iron hanging sheet metal for eight or ten hours. My arm was black and blue for weeks.

I went to a black match track with my horse a handful of times. In true hustler fashion my horse didn't look like a running horse. I also alleged he could only run a short distance. I won a handful of races and was having to run further to make a race but then Shorty almost dislodged a jockey coming out of the gates. With loose reins he won at 250 yards by six or eight lengths. Damn, hate it when that happens!

Those horses were regularly shot up with straight isopropyl alcohol and worse. Some were genuinely insane. There had been ten or twelve deaths there over the years. A horse can bite downwards on a man's shoulder and have his teeth below the man's shoulder. The horse holds on like a bulldog and paws the person to death with their front feet! A friend had a stallion that had been shot up with all kinds of crap by a trainer. Too well bred to put down but extremely dangerous to handle. He and I went a few rounds. I never turned my back on him. When he reared and tried to paw I would hang on to the lead and dive in by his shoulder. No safety in front of him, tight beside him was the place to be. Still pretty rough but the safest place where he couldn't easily bite or kick. Getting hit with steel shoes or cleated aluminum racing plates could kill.

Edit: Note that the horse in the gif ends up with a good sized chunk of the man's jeans after lifting him off the ground. A friend's horse spun and kicked with both back feet. She took out a few back teeth and the other hoof just scraped the back of his head. He couldn't do anything to her as he had a guaranteed sale price of $35,000 if he put her in a bloodhorse sale.

Hu

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Few realize how far a horse can open their mouth or how hard they can bite. They can open their mouth about a foot. Stopped to feed my horses on the way to work one morning and an impatient bitch just bit at my arm. Her teeth raked from near my elbow to near my shoulder. Hurt a lot, and I had to go climb iron hanging sheet metal for eight or ten hours. My arm was black and blue for weeks.

I went to a black match track with my horse a handful of times. In true hustler fashion my horse didn't look like a running horse. I also alleged he could only run a short distance. I won a handful of races and was having to run further to make a race but then Shorty almost dislodged a jockey coming out of the gates. With loose reins he won at 250 yards by six or eight lengths. Damn, hate it when that happens!

Those horses were regularly shot up with straight isopropyl alcohol and worse. Some were genuinely insane. There had been ten or twelve deaths there over the years. A horse can bite downwards on a man's shoulder and have his teeth below the man's shoulder. The horse holds on like a bulldog and paws the person to death with their front feet! A friend had a stallion that had been shot up with all kinds of crap by a trainer. Too well bred to put down but extremely dangerous to handle. He and I went a few rounds. I never turned my back on him. When he reared and tried to paw I would hang on to the lead and dive in by his shoulder. No safety in front of him, tight beside him was the place to be. Still pretty rough but the safest place where he couldn't easily bite or kick. Getting hit with steel shoes or cleated aluminum racing plates could kill.

Hu
Hu
you have lived an interesting life.
would love to read your memoirs
larry
(y)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hu
you have lived an interesting life.
would love to read your memoirs
larry
(y)

I always did whatever brought home a fairly honest dollar. A friend from across the country always asks me what I have done for a living. Over 25 things listed and that doesn't include pool or racing cars. I don't think Joe realized just how seriously I played pool. For about ten years I got serious about pool when work was tight and my businesses dead. My fortunes were closely tied to the boom and bust oil patch economy. To give some idea of how bad things bottomed out, I started counting burned commercial buildings a few years into a major downturn. One in three had been burned for many miles along a highway.

Hu

Hutt

Registered
Yeah, what @DeeDeeCues said... I just cropped the words out and made the background transparent... so if you used the new pic on a black background for example (or any color) you would only see the emoji and not the white border of like you see here... not my best work but I did it in literally 20 seconds... If I was more concerned about it I would have put the effort into the very thin white outline that you can still see here...
emoji 2.PNG