Funny pic/gif thread...

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
00810CF0-4278-42FD-AC6B-441109E92478.jpeg

tomatoshooter

The disappearance of rim brakes is probably accurate in the mountain bike world, but in the road bike world I think we'll see them for a few years.
Rim brakes are definitely a good bit lighter and strong enough to put your ass on the ground at any moment you may or may not wish to visit it.

That said I have a few bikes and only one has rim brakes. a 2012 road bike.

Discs are really nice, until you have to work on them.View attachment 685802
I don't see that many road bikes, I see a fair bit of hybrids which seem to be mountain bikes toned down for asphalt use. Considering that the room doesn't need to be as durable for disc brakes you'd probably need to be pretty serious about weight savings for rim brakes to be advantageous although they do get the job done just fine.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see that many road bikes, I see a fair bit of hybrids which seem to be mountain bikes toned down for asphalt use. Considering that the room doesn't need to be as durable for disc brakes you'd probably need to be pretty serious about weight savings for rim brakes to be advantageous although they do get the job done just fine.
I dont see that. They lace the exact same rims to disc or rim Wheels.

That said, there are many light rims out there and riders are free to use what they want, depending on their risk level as it pertains to their teeth!