Gender test for any first place over $199......

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With subsequent talk and recent talk about gender roles in various tourneys I honestly think we need SOME KIND OF STANDARD. Otherwise, me and others might just go put a dress on and cash in.Valid question / subject - what say you?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw, this subject is avoided like the plague. It is now a real thing. Real questions but please be respectful of those whom you may hurt feelings but once again real question as we are dealing with real cash money and this is / could be a real thing

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, if i ever would win a tourney for a few hundo, they are going to check my gender? Would i have to do this in front of all the other participants? :eek:

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some may want more than dropping the shorts or lifting the dress. A blood test and psychiatric evaluation will be necessary to truly determine one's gender.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw, this subject is avoided like the plague. It is now a real thing. Real questions but please be respectful of those whom you may hurt feelings but once again real question as we are dealing with real cash money and this is / could be a real thing

Is it though?

Cite some examples of when this happened.

Seems to me you're searching for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Seems to me you're putting one particular member on blast.

Grow up.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
So, if i ever would win a tourney for a few hundo, they are going to check my gender? Would i have to do this in front of all the other participants? :eek:

If you do, please hand someone your cell phone.

You Tube is lacking good entertainment video's.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Bmore,

Go back to August of 2016 and you will find a thread "Man playing as a woman at APA Nationals". Interesting read and commentary.

Lyn

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Who gives a shit what's in your shorts or what you want to call yourself when it comes to pool

Is this a fight or a pool game?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With subsequent talk and recent talk about gender roles in various tourneys I honestly think we need SOME KIND OF STANDARD. Otherwise, me and others might just go put a dress on and cash in.Valid question / subject - what say you?

Unless it's a Women's only event I don't think it matters, and if it is a Women's only event, the standard should be simple, whatever you were born as is what you are. Otherwise you get into a million technicalities. Is a guy that dresses like a woman full time OK to play as a woman? Or does he have to have had surgery? If surgery, how much of it and at what point? What if you are just a gay feminine male and you call your other male gay friends "girlfriend"? Does that make you eligible to play with the women in their special event? Does your hair and clothing style make you a woman? If I have someone graft a fox tail on me, I may run around the forest all I want, the foxes won't let me join their packs and I am pretty sure breeding will be a *****.

Since there are no men only events I know of now, it should not matter if a "new woman" plays in the open even, she won't be out of place.

Last edited:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Women are not going to idly stand by & allow some scumbag dress up in attempt to rob them. They will, however, show tolerance and acceptance to a legit transgender. You don't have to understand it, just accept that it is what it is and acknowledge that you're dealing with a fellow human being. IMO, it's a bit chauvinistic to assume women cannot handle these situations on their own, and even more so to feel the need to gender check a player. Take a person born of one gender, living as another, attempting to participate in life as normally as possible, and humiliate them for being different. Cause irreparable emotional trauma for $200. All over a pool game?

Point being, women players do not need a knight in shining armor. Let women manage women's pool. Observe if you like, but otherwise stay out of it. Respectfully so.

Pangit

Banned
While not a pool player, Caster Semenya of South African Olympic track fame comes to mind. "She" is both boy and girl, competes in the lower division and crushes the competition.

596897-semanya.jpg

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the women going to do, sue? They will lose. Tour over. When you abandon common sense in favor of mental disorders you reap what you sow. So now guys that feel like a woman when they win a tournament are thieves no more, just misunderstood human beings. Convolution abounds.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Women are not going to idly stand by & allow some scumbag dress up in attempt to rob them. They will, however, show tolerance and acceptance to a legit transgender. You don't have to understand it, just accept that it is what it is and acknowledge that you're dealing with a fellow human being. IMO, it's a bit chauvinistic to assume women cannot handle these situations on their own, and even more so to feel the need to gender check a player. Take a person born of one gender, living as another, attempting to participate in life as normally as possible, and humiliate them for being different. Cause irreparable emotional trauma for $200. All over a pool game?

Point being, women players do not need a knight in shining armor. Let women manage women's pool. Observe if you like, but otherwise stay out of it. Respectfully so.

I'm all for sensitivity with someone who is dealing with this. But I disagree that they should be allowed to compete as a female if they were born male. I don't see it as humiliating them. I feel that it should be our place to accept their choices and show some compassion, but it should also be their place to understand that they are the outlier, and there are certain things they will not fit into.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A simple fix for this, instead of WOMEN ONLY events, have "skill limited" events. Because really that is what it comes down to. No one dumps women into another category just because they are women, they have their own tournaments because most will not be able to play with the pro level or strong amateur men. And sadly many that do have the skill to play with the better players chose not to for the simpler win against the C players.

Make a real open pro tournament and then instead of a women event, make a amateur event like what Predator tour does. Then it does not matter if it's a guy dressed like a woman that plays better than the real women, if he/she is good enough, you can't play in the secondary event, penis or no penis.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
It's outlandish to seriously believe some guy will dress up as a woman for the sole purpose of competing in women's tournaments, and go around the country robbing them of $200 prizes. If a dude is dressing as a woman, it's either in jest or else there's legit reasons for feeling the need. If it's legit, who am I to say it's ok or it isn't? I have enough of my issues to pick through to be judging anybody else. All I'm saying is that if the women want to have an all women tourney, then by golly they're going to have it. If they don't feel it's appropriate to gender check a player, then who is a man to demand it?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A simple fix for this, instead of WOMEN ONLY events, have "skill limited" events. Because really that is what it comes down to. No one dumps women into another category just because they are women, they have their own tournaments because most will not be able to play with the pro level or strong amateur men. And sadly many that do have the skill to play with the better players chose not to for the simpler win against the C players.

Make a real open pro tournament and then instead of a women event, make a amateur event like what Predator tour does. Then it does not matter if it's a guy dressed like a woman that plays better than the real women, if he/she is good enough, you can't play in the secondary event, penis or no penis.

This works for me. Maybe Fargo ratings could be used to determine eligibility. Sounds reasonable, right? I'm going to hate looking at all of the threads if a man happens to win the first 10 of these tournaments.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member

Do you not see how demeaning & insulting that sounds? Who exactly "dumps women into another category because they are women"? Just the way you said that makes it sound as if men are somehow in charge. Women have their own teams, leagues, and tournaments and they control it. It's up to them, not men, to decide what happens in their realm. It is not for you, me, or any other man in pool or on this forum to dictate gender checks in women's pool. Feeling the superiority and authority to suggest it is precisely the definition of male chauvinism.

I stand by my initial sentiment. If women are ok with transgender players participating in all women events, then it's fine. If they wish to challenge a player, then the fight is their own. Equality is absolute.