"Gold Crown" Ball Polisher

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trumpet style feet in the spirit of a Gold Crown. This was the closest I could find. I think they look pretty good.

51803165007_f64019bd0e_h.jpg

stevelomako

Future currency
Silver Member
I can’t stop looking at it.

It is so nice looking.

I was thinking we might have to send the skirt off to Jerimy Chambers and have him make some miniature rails to go around it then you can just put cloth on instead of Formica where you want right now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t stop looking at it.

It is so nice looking.

I was thinking we might have to send the skirt off to Jerimy Chambers and have him make some miniature rails to go around it then you can just put cloth on instead of Formica where you want right now. 🤷🏻‍♂️
LOL!!!

TrxR

What color are you going with it?

The only thing I would consider doing different if it was mine would be a black cord and switch but that also depends on the final finish.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What color are you going with it?

The only thing I would consider doing different if it was mine would be a black cord and switch but that also depends on the final finish.
I chose the white cord and switch on purpose as the cabinet will be white just like base on a Gold Crown I. I'm painting the sides of the lid blue like my table and I'm 90% certain I will be using formica on the lid top (like the rails) and using a quarter round aluminum trim around the edge.

49725546583_68ae9b8a75_h.jpg

TrxR

I chose the white cord and switch on purpose as the cabinet will be white just like base on a Gold Crown I. I'm painting the sides of the lid blue like my table and I'm 90% certain I will be using formica on the lid top (like the rails) and using a quarter round aluminum trim around the edge.

49725546583_68ae9b8a75_h.jpg
Good choice, I definitely see why you picked the white.

Keep up the good work.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good progress today. I got the function of the unit to where I want it. The carpet kit Diamond sells left the balls very hazy. I chalked it up to a combination of the Tiger Products ball cleaner solution I use and the high nylon content of the carpet. The liquid cleaning solution cannot be absorbed and dried by the carpet and essentially smeared the product on the balls. This carpet will work with the Meguair's Cleaner Wax due to the drying properties of car wax. I prefer to not use car products on my pool balls for a variety of reasons, all personal preference. My solution was to use a combination of pile carpet and a microfiber bonnet and towel. I also used a piece of peel and stick 1/4" foam rubber on the platter for clearance and cushion. In retrospect, I probably could have placed the bonnet over the carpet Diamond provided but I liked the idea of the extra cushion. At any rate, the new combo cleans the balls to a high shine.

Sprocket:
51815726209_a6b88f7dd1_b.jpg

Pad:
51815726464_76524ba94b_b.jpg

Bonnet:
51815726029_37f8be5777_b.jpg

Assembled:
51814424817_752c58e824_b.jpg

After 2 minutes:
51815506703_02776a4548_b.jpg

In action:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And here I am proud of myself for polishing balls by hand with a rag every now and then.

Your skills are amazing!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got the quarter round installed and contoured on the lid today. I should have the carpet and sprocket Thursday so I can test run it for several cycles before I start the body work and paint.

51800087039_97cef1a9e3_h.jpg

51800086859_6516cd4e81_h.jpg

51799720461_638591c087_h.jpg
Going to be too nice to use.

Hoogaar

Registered
Great work man - this looks amazing. Hope you don't mind, but I think I might copy this. Might be a fun project for the rest of the winter.

But yeah - love the look of this.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great work man - this looks amazing. Hope you don't mind, but I think I might copy this. Might be a fun project for the rest of the winter.

But yeah - love the look of this.
I don't mind at all. I basically copied a Diamond and changed the aesthetics. Have at it!