Goldfield Burl and Borneo Rosewood

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Full-splice Goldfield Burl front, Borneo Rosewood prongs with bridged veneers, mitered veneer boxes, Mastodon Ivory, Sterling Silver, Blacklip Mother-of-pearl, and Ebony. Borneo Rosewood joint, LBM half-ferrules, Kamui tips - 19.45 oz.

Goldfield%20Burl%20and%20Borneo%20Rosewood_zpsunqqugi9.jpg

front%201_zpshv3rumxn.jpg

buttsleeve%202_zpswadprpmc.jpg

buttsleeve%201_zpsknjyja89.jpg

front%202_zpsy2m1nfqz.jpg

joint%201_zpstxu7suki.jpg

TW

Last edited:

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Amazing burl Thomas...would love to see that on a merry widow...

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love everything about this cue. Uniquely wonderful sir. Exquisite Taste/Design.

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice build Thomas, may I ask, are the points on this cue cnc created?

The points are a hybrid process I learned from Tad Kohara in the mid 80's - although he used a pantograph for the processes where I use CNC.

The nose and prongs are cut using traditional full-splice methods, as are the veneer mitered boxes. The pockets for the veneer borders on the points and for the boxes in the buttsleeve are machined out using CNC.

TW

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I'm a BIG fan of natural looking grain in shaft wood. Great choice IMO... Nice job Thomas.... The rest of the cue ain't bad either :wink: :smile:

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice technic Thomas, I like how using your method allows the point wood to be larger inside the veneers. Looks great !

Tad's method. My adaptation. Tad was a genius - I just recognize genius when I see it... and when I don't.

date: circa 1987; location: Tad's shop -

me: "These last two are just regular veneered 4-pointers."

Tad: "Oh. You doing that the hard way."

me: "There's an 'easy' way?"

Tad: "Here, I show you."

TW

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Thomas this cue is fancy but also not over done...just a damn sexy beast...