Good vibes for the gunfighter.

BazookaJoe

Destroyer of stickers
Silver Member
This is a good vibe thread for the gunfighter David Matlock.

I'd sure like to see him win this one

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got finished talking to Dave Matlock in the hallway before his match. He's very focused and has good positive thoughts. I met Dave's girlfriend at the U.S. Open last year. Though they have known each other for over 10 years, they have been together for about a year and a half. She is a television reporter back home where he lives.

I asked Dave what he'd do if he'd win the tournament, and he said that he and his lady are building a house together right now. The money sure would come in handy. Good luck to Dave. Three Americans left standing.

USA, all the way!

JAM

O

onepocketchump

I am with ya on this one Joe. He already put up notice that he's not going down easily by beating Busta.

Go Dave!

John

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
David told me that he was seriously depressed about not being picked for the original 150 for the IPT. He was honest when talking to me about it so to be honest, he had the normal sour grapes that he plays better than this person or that person that was picked over him. He told me (this was before he won a qualifier) that he was unable to sleep & was not eating good because of the IPT, etc. To analyze, I suppose that for a player like David that has been around pool for who knows, 30 + years, he must feel like he has paid his dues. Now he finally, with the money, has a chance to ligitimatize (is that a word?) his life with success on the IPT. He is a quiet man but if you get him talking he will be straight forward with you. If you are out in Vegas, don't be afraid to approach him. He is one of the all time greats of the sport & can give you great insight into all aspects of pool. I knew David would do good on the IPT. He has been under pressure for decades, playing for all kinds of big money, and has won more tournaments then he can probably remember. I don't think he will look or act uncomfortable at all playing for the big prize.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rooting For David Matlock

I have known David for about 17 years, we play in the same poolroom in Olathe, Ks... Shooters. When Dave dials in and has complete focus he is an equal peer to anyone on the planet.... A lot of people are rooting heavily for him, and relate closely to him with this current performance in IPT.

Keep at it, Dave!!!!!!

Will

BazookaJoe

Destroyer of stickers
Silver Member
I am glad to see a lot of support for a good ole boy from the US of A.
He's a lesser-known legend (compared to the names Archer, Sigel, Strickland...etc), but I think he's makin everybody stand up and take notice now.

Tinbender

Registered
Dave and Peggy have come up to our poolhall twice to play in our tournaments and he won them both . He and Peggy were always very friendly to everyone and he would give advice to anyone that might ask. we are all pulling for him to win this thing so maybe he won't have to come up here and beat us all ,but he is still wecome to come play if he wants good luck to Dave ,Paul

T

Timberly

watchez said:
David told me that he was seriously depressed about not being picked for the original 150 for the IPT. He was honest when talking to me about it so to be honest, he had the normal sour grapes that he plays better than this person or that person that was picked over him. He told me (this was before he won a qualifier) that he was unable to sleep & was not eating good because of the IPT, etc. To analyze, I suppose that for a player like David that has been around pool for who knows, 30 + years, he must feel like he has paid his dues.
I've never met him but I've known about him since I got into pool over 15 yrs ago. His name is as familiar to me as anyone that I know personally.

Basing judgement by accomplishments, and overall personality and integrity, I think it's a shame that both David and Danny Harriman weren't picked for the original 150. :(