kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
This should spice up the upcoming Matchroom events

1678822210443.png

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for him i hope he plays for the USA team, now all we need is Alex and Morra (North America Team)

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
They have it. The Kremlin Cup.

Wikipedia shows it has not been active since 2021.

If a European country hosts an exhibition event like Mosconi Cup, then which Euro player would you name the cup after?

I was referring to Russia having a Mosconi Cup for namesake. Were any of the old American players from the Soviet Bloc?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It's a great day for pro pool. Fedor is a credit to our game as both a competitor and a gentleman.

As brilliantly as he's playing right now, Fedor can't reach his fullest potential without regularly competing against the very best. Now that he can travel internationally, the coast is clear for him to do so.

Wishing him the best.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news. Now he can play for US team Mosconi cup. We need it. :)
Maybe, but if history repeats, he won't. Parica, Thorston, Mika, both Fischer's, Shaw, and others I'm forgetting, have lived in the USA for decades (except Shaw). They still represent their home countries during international competition.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member

If a European country hosts an exhibition event like Mosconi Cup, then which Euro player would you name the cup after?

I was referring to Russia having a Mosconi Cup for namesake. Were any of the old American players from the Soviet Bloc?
Why do you think they haven’t held it since then? Any thoughts come to mind?

Anything that might perhaps prevent any kind of event being held?

Any guesses?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Why do you think they haven’t held it since then? Any thoughts come to mind?

Anything that might perhaps prevent any kind of event being held?

Any guesses?

If the top guy in that country doesn't like it, no one likes it.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe, but if history repeats, he won't. Parica, Thorston, Mika, both Fischer's, Shaw, and others I'm forgetting, have lived in the USA for decades (except Shaw). They still represent their home countries during international competition.
Did any of them apply to become citizens? I may be misinterpreting this but my understanding is that is what Fedor is doing. If so, I would assume that once he became a citizen he'd be eligible to play for Team USA.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did any of them apply to become citizens? I may be misinterpreting this but my understanding is that is what Fedor is doing. If so, I would assume that once he became a citizen he'd be eligible to play for Team USA.
he is applying for a green card
that is not the same as applying for USA citizenship
Having a Green Card (officially known as a Permanent Resident Card (PDF, 1.69 MB) allows you to live and work permanently in the United States.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

The biggest name in the history of European pool is Ralf Souquet.