Great Woofers/ Woofing Lines

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many years ago Fats was in my town to do an exhibition. After the exhibition he showed up at the action place in town and a local shortstop got up the courage to challenge Fatty... "Hey Fats, how about some $50 nine-ball?" .... Fats responded, "I pay the rack boy $50, now what do you want to play for?"

One more

Earl Strickland to Bob Vanover after Bob had knocked Earl out of a Texas State Nine Ball Championship.... "Why don't you get over here on this table and play some for $100 and I'll just vanover you."

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love these:

1: "Two things between us.. air and opportunity."

2. "Make sure and ask for enough weight this time."

3. "We can get elbow to elbow in the cash."

4. "Bet any amount from here to Rocky Mount."

5. "I'm sorry, did I stutter? (I do realize Poolhall Junkies used this, but I am giving credit to Little Tony Watson)."

6. "I'll play anyone in here for funsies. You know ten or twenty a game."

7. "Damn, you're still alive? You got the six."

8. "Just how bigga spot do you need to play. I know you play bad, but not THAT bad."

Last one....anything out of Charlie Brinson's mouth.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JL Audio

JL Audio has always made great woofers in my opinion!!! :rolleyes:

Opppssss wrong type of woofer! :cool:

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Voodoo Daddy said:
"I wore out 13 cars lookin' for guys like you..."

Now that I am older I want to chase down all the punks in my neighbor hood for waking me up at night with their woofers........................one word for them Dynamat!!!!!!

Anyway, we need to quit hijacking this man's thread. He has a good funny thread going, and I like some of the responses I have heard so far.

Remember don't beat him....................Kick his Ass!!! (Christopher Walkins)

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
From Cole Dickson to a Canadian guy at the 9-ball shootout in Great Falls

Cole: Hey buddy why don't get your ass over here and play me some

Canadian: sure I'll play you some snooker

Cole: (reels back incredulously) SNOOKER.... SNOOKER, SHIT WHY DON'T WE JUST PLAY BUMPER POOL I'M TALKING ABOUT ONE POCKET M..... F.....

bignasty

"I already did it"
Silver Member
well....

woofing is when you want a game but cant get 1 right? not wanting a game and then crawfishing, then highrolling, then changing the game so it wont go off! and if that isnt it, could you then just argue on the wherabouts of when the game you wanted,then crawfished,highrolled,and changed wont happen becouse you will spend 150 on gas and drive 12 round trip vs 200 and flyin for 2 hours. all that and then still saying "oh and you can have a spot to"
Yes sir we have some of the best woofers on the planet or "United States" anyway!:D

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bignasty said:
woofing is when you want a game but cant get 1 right? not wanting a game and then crawfishing, then highrolling, then changing the game so it wont go off! and if that isnt it, could you then just argue on the wherabouts of when the game you wanted,then crawfished,highrolled,and changed wont happen becouse you will spend 150 on gas and drive 12 round trip vs 200 and flyin for 2 hours. all that and then still saying "oh and you can have a spot to"
Yes sir we have some of the best woofers on the planet or "United States" anyway!:D
YA like that's ever happened :D:D:D

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
A player was getting woofed at once about some money he owed. He walked right up to the woofer and said "man I know I've owed you 9 grand for a couple of years now...I wanna make this right. Will you settle for $4000?" Well...ok. "Great! Now I just owe you 4 large!" And then he smiles and walks off.:D
Great move. Anyone know who said it?;)

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
A player was getting woofed at once about some money he owed. He walked right up to the woofer and said "man I know I've owed you 9 grand for a couple of years now...I wanna make this right. Will you settle for $4000?" Well...ok. "Great! Now I just owe you 4 large!" And then he smiles and walks off.:D
Great move. Anyone know who said it?;)

I posted a story something like that in the Greatest Biters thread, the way it was told to me, it was Danny Jones.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
I believe the Professor said it was JAM's honey saying it to Buddy. But I could be wrong. Very funny though.:)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
1. I'll send a cab for you when you're ready to play.

2. You can get half your money back.

3. Same game as before, except I'll put up $50 to your $40.

4. What do you want? How much weight do you need?

5. I'll play you any game you want on a pool table. Pick your best game.

6. You can owe me. Your credit is good with me.

7. Let's just play some sociable pool. You name the bet. (pause) Whatever you're comfortable with is fine with me.

8. Let's play cheap. Keep it friendly.

9. How much do you like to play for? I don't have a lot of money.

10. I don't play that good. I just like to play for money. (optional) I have more money than brains.

And to answer your question. YES, I have said all of the above in my sordid career. My favorite response when entering a new room and being asked by the houseman how I played, was "I can play a little".

Oh and one other line I liked to gain the upper hand. "If you like the game, you can empty out". It was always important to have a psychological edge when playing someone who could play. If they wanted to play for ten a game, I would ask to bet twenty. Even if we started out for ten, they were thinking about this.

Here's a couple of other good moves I liked, to intimidate a new opponent. Please don't tell anyone. Okay? Back in the day, I was in action and playing EVERY day, so I stayed in stroke. I would go into a new room looking for a certain player I heard about or just cruising the room looking for a game. More often then not, the player would be warming up already on his favorite table. After we made the game, I would let him warm up all he wanted, watching him to gauge the speed of the table, and to see where the rolls were. When he asked me if I wanted to hit some balls, I'd say sure. I would place a long straight-in shot on the table, carefully take aim, and fire it in. I rarely missed this shot. Then I would say I'm ready. Do you have any idea what this did to his confidence? I just took a one shot warm up. This was my routine when playing in a new room. I knew I would be wired in on the table after 15-20 minutes of play anyway.

One other move I made in the early stages of a match (remember I played in the days of "roll out" pool). When my opponent pushed out for a tough shot that he thought I would pass on, I got down and fired at it anyway. If I made it, he might start getting a little weak, and if I missed it he would wonder what he was up against. I can think of several times that moves like this helped me get the best of a marginally better player.

Last edited:

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
crawfish said:
I love these:

1: "Two things between us.. air and opportunity."

2. "Make sure and ask for enough weight this time."

3. "We can get elbow to elbow in the cash."

4. "Bet any amount from here to Rocky Mount."

5. "I'm sorry, did I stutter? (I do realize Poolhall Junkies used this, but I am giving credit to Little Tony Watson)."

6. "I'll play anyone in here for funsies. You know ten or twenty a game."

7. "Damn, you're still alive? You got the six."

8. "Just how bigga spot do you need to play. I know you play bad, but not THAT bad."

Last one....anything out of Charlie Brinson's mouth.
i agreen 100 percent, anything out of charlies mouth. he was/is my all time favorite with the 1 liners.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmy Vegas is playing Jui-Lung Chen in Houston at the Fast Eddie's Tour event. The score is tied.

Jimmy wins a game and goes to move the coin up one diamond but moves Chen's coin. A railbird says, "Hey Jimmy, you moved the wrong coin."

Jimmy turns to him and says, "That's OK. I go both ways."

There were about 40 or 50 people sweating the match and just about everyone of them was laughing.:)

pooldawg1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like some of John Drew Hagers one liners. "I like the nuts but I will play without them" or what he offers me "you got the 7 for life"