Griff's in Las Vegas

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
That's part of the show. A good friend that lives in LostWages sees him from time to time and says he's really not like his on-screen asswipe drill-seargeant personna.
Well, I'm hopeful that is correct.

Cuz I wouldn't stay in the same room with him for more than a minute otherwise.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
John Tapper makes my skin crawl. It takes a lot to make me say I can't stand someone, he has achieved that with me.

I'll watch the episode, since its at Griffs and it'll give me a glimpse of Marks place. I'll quite likely turn the volume off.

Well John can be identified a mile away, because his unique walking style.

I am always hoping some staff member he throw something at, picks up a 30 trash can, and nails John.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
That's part of the show. A good friend that lives in LostWages sees him from time to time and says he's really not like his on-screen asswipe drill-seargeant personna.

I saw him being interviewed on a news show and he was very knowledgeable about the restaurant industry re covid and all that.

Nothing like his anger in the show itself.

TV is TV.

Jeff Livingston

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I went to Griffs last night. I visit Vegas several times a year but, never have for pool. I am here for work but decided to finally take a look at the place.

Anyone care to hear last nights story?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I went to Griffs last night. I visit Vegas several times a year but, never have for pool. I am here for work but decided to finally take a look at the place.

Truth? Couldn't care less.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well when Griff’s thing airs on Bar Rescue, might have something to say. Looking forward to seeing the show.

Personally have not been to Las Vegas since 07, or 08.

Do not see myself ever going again, like Gold Crowns, Griff’s is Diamonds.🤮

So Griff’s is not on any bucket list, will watch Bar Rescue, like any Sunday. It’s regular entertainment.
Did you go there when it was pool sharks?
Just to see the transformation is worth the trip if your in town.
Their food aint bad either. No need to play if that's not your thing.
Bar Rescue is a dumpster fire.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Post it

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Did you go there when it was pool sharks?
Just to see the transformation is worth the trip if your in town.
Their food aint bad either. No need to play if that's not your thing.
Bar Rescue is a dumpster fire.
Like I said by my memory last time I was in Las Vegas was 2007, never went to a Pool Room in Sun City.

I DO WATCH Bar Rescue understand it scripted, shot, edited, before it is aired. It is scripted reality show.

BYW do not see myself going to Las Vegas again .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Like I said by my memory last time I was in Las Vegas was 2007, never went to a Pool Room in Sun City.

I DO WATCH Bar Rescue understand it scripted, shot, edited, before it is aired. It is scripted reality show.

BYW do not see myself going to Las Vegas again .
I just have to ask, how often DO you get out to play pool, a couple of times a year???

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
So you maybe play what, 2 hours a week if you're lucky?🤣

My life is not any of your business, unless your support my habits, and paying my bill.

You should work on fixing Pool, it is in need of someone like John Taffer to fix the structure.🤣

Bring recreational players back to rooms and bars.

I have said for years a great TV Reality Show would be Pool Room-Pool Bars Rescue.

Phoenix Arizona could have been prime place to start, still many places need professional help.

🤣

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off place appears to be doing fine. Typical pool hall traits. About 1000 cigarette butts outside. You can look at the TV that is mounted outside above the door while you smoke so that’s cool I guess.

I walk in and walk around the place. 3 tables up front with like 6 Littman lights on each. Obviously the TV tables or as they call them action tables. I didn’t count the amount of tables but probably a dozen 7’ Diamonds and probably a dozen 9’ Diamonds. Well laid out. Lots of seating and places to put your drinks. Large full bar. Large menu. It is a nice place but starting to get worn. Just needs a little tune up. Also table mount poker machines that are typical of almost every liquor store or bar in Vegas.

I didn’t travel with my cue although I did intend on it. I just spaced out before I left and forgot it. As I mentioned previously I am in Vegas for work but I knew I would have time in the evenings to go see it Griffs and since this thread started I figured this was a good time.

Arrived around 8pm. House was running a Scotch doubles 9 ball tourney on the 7’ tables. Probably at about 70% capacity. Mainly because the tourney.

The word was a match was just completed just shortly before I arrived for 20k. I just missed it. Two players I don’t know. Tried to get info by listening to near by conversations. What I could gather was one was a big time poker player/gambler and another seemed to be a local player. Who later cam back into the hall and was the obvious loser based the review of bad shots he made. I still don’t know either names but the player that lost was 6’ plus white boy. Sorry but that’s the best I can do on the description and hopefully no will fault the color description.

I ordered a beer and watched for about 15 minutes then decided to try the tables. I rented table 11 one of the “action” tables and tried to find a straight house cue. I just throw out balls and start shooting. All 3 action tables are setup the same. I would say 4-4 1/8” pockets. I get through about 2 racks and I am approached by someone asking if I was looking for a game. I am an unknown in this room playing with a house cue. I must have looked ripe for picking. Who asked me for a game? Bobby Emmons! He doesn’t know me but, I certainly know who he is. I immediately say no thanks. I can play but, in this environment without my cue against Bobby walking in cold….not a chance in hell. I meet him outside when I take a break for a cigarette and decide to have a little fun with him. I asked him if he was a local here and he replies no. I said oh, where are you from (I already know the answers) he says no I am from Arizona. I said oh yea what part? He says Phoenix. I said oh , you must play at Freezers. He says no I don’t even play pool anymore I play cards. He continues to say he was just trying to play a little. I said oh ok. I am still not bitting. For those who don’t know who Bobby is, his is a shark. Gun slinging fast playing full
Action player.

I go back to hitting balls and then In walks Evan Lunda and John Morra. They all had side action on the match that I missed and they are all talking about it. I stop playing and grab a beer and just listen to the side chatter.

By this time the place is probably at about 90% in regards to table usage.

I am really glad I didn’t bring my cue. I would have probably got myself in trouble.

Griffs is like 24/7 action. No joke here. If you can’t find a match in this room then you probably can’t find a match anywhere. Seems to be doing just fine business wise. Can’t imagine they are in trouble.

I end up leaving around midnight. Place advertises that it is open till 4am.

So there you go, my first experience at Griffs. Memorable for sure.

Oh and the poker player was not JRB. JRB is another high stakes poker player that plays high steaks pool.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
First off place appears to be doing fine. Typical pool hall traits. About 1000 cigarette butts outside. You can look at the TV that is mounted outside above the door while you smoke so that’s cool I guess.

I walk in and walk around the place. 3 tables up front with like 6 Littman lights on each. Obviously the TV tables or as they call them action tables. I didn’t count the amount of tables but probably a dozen 7’ Diamonds and probably a dozen 9’ Diamonds. Well laid out. Lots of seating and places to put your drinks. Large full bar. Large menu. It is a nice place but starting to get worn. Just needs a little tune up. Also table mount poker machines that are typical of almost every liquor store or bar in Vegas.

I didn’t travel with my cue although I did intend on it. I just spaced out before I left and forgot it. As I mentioned previously I am in Vegas for work but I knew I would have time in the evenings to go see it Griffs and since this thread started I figured this was a good time.

Arrived around 8pm. House was running a Scotch doubles 9 ball tourney on the 7’ tables. Probably at about 70% capacity. Mainly because the tourney.

The word was a match was just completed just shortly before I arrived for 20k. I just missed it. Two players I don’t know. Tried to get info by listening to near by conversations. What I could gather was one was a big time poker player/gambler and another seemed to be a local player. Who later cam back into the hall and was the obvious loser based the review of bad shots he made. I still don’t know either names but the player that lost was 6’ plus white boy. Sorry but that’s the best I can do on the description and hopefully no will fault the color description.

I ordered a beer and watched for about 15 minutes then decided to try the tables. I rented table 11 one of the “action” tables and tried to find a straight house cue. I just throw out balls and start shooting. All 3 action tables are setup the same. I would say 4-4 1/8” pockets. I get through about 2 racks and I am approached by someone asking if I was looking for a game. I am an unknown in this room playing with a house cue. I must have looked ripe for picking. Who asked me for a game? Bobby Emmons! He doesn’t know me but, I certainly know who he is. I immediately say no thanks. I can play but, in this environment without my cue against Bobby walking in cold….not a chance in hell. I meet him outside when I take a break for a cigarette and decide to have a little fun with him. I asked him if he was a local here and he replies no. I said oh, where are you from (I already know the answers) he says no I am from Arizona. I said oh yea what part? He says Phoenix. I said oh , you must play at Freezers. He says no I don’t even play pool anymore I play cards. He continues to say he was just trying to play a little. I said oh ok. I am still not bitting. For those who don’t know who Bobby is, his is a shark. Gun slinging fast playing full
Action player.

I go back to hitting balls and then In walks Evan Lunda and John Morra. They all had side action on the match that I missed and they are all talking about it. I stop playing and grab a beer and just listen to the side chatter.

By this time the place is probably at about 90% in regards to table usage.

I am really glad I didn’t bring my cue. I would have probably got myself in trouble.

Griffs is like 24/7 action. No joke here. If you can’t find a match in this room then you probably can’t find a match anywhere. Seems to be doing just fine business wise. Can’t imagine they are in trouble.

I end up leaving around midnight. Place advertises that it is open till 4am.

So there you go, my first experience at Griffs. Memorable for sure.

Oh and the poker player was not JRB. JRB is another high stakes poker player that plays high steaks pool.

Thanks for the recap. I've got a pretty good idea who the poker player was. He's a buddy of JRB who likes to play pool but is not nearly as skilled. Sounds like the only thing that Bar Rescue did was get Gary Lutman canned. Business has always been good there every time I ever went in. Mark's a smart guy. He got tens of thousands of dollars worth of free publicity and they paid him to do it! How about them apples! That's why Mark's got the bucks and I get the yucks! :LOL:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Thanks for the recap. I've got a pretty good idea who the poker player was. He's a buddy of JRB who likes to play pool but is not nearly as skilled. Sounds like the only thing that Bar Rescue did was get Gary Lutman canned. Business has always been good there every time I ever went in. Mark's a smart guy. He got tens of thousands of dollars worth of free publicity and they paid him to do it! How about them apples! That's why Mark's got the bucks and I get the yucks! :LOL:

Thousands of dollar Free advertising could be good thing that bring in more business.

Should be interesting to see this episode.