Hanging scoring beads

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Been wanting to practice straight pool and was wondering the best way to hang scoring beads. Seyberts has the beads and wire with a turnbuckle. Do I hang from my light or table? Really don't wanna drill any holes in my Pro Am table or light. Any suggestions?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Been wanting to practice straight pool and was wondering the best way to hang scoring beads. Seyberts has the beads and wire with a turnbuckle. Do I hang from my light or table? Really don't wanna drill any holes in my Pro Am table or light. Any suggestions?

What about from the ceiling above the light or along side the table?

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put them off the wall maybe 5 or 6 inches on the side of the table near the ball return. You score when you rack anyway.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

There was a long thread about this within the last two months or so including pictures and suggestions. It may have been in the 14.1 forum.

beerpressure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The seyberts package gives you more than enough wire. Probably even 3 times the amount needed.

I bought that and screwed the eyelets into opposite walls about 1.5 feet from the ceiling. Works great.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best advice I can give you is to buy the wood beads and go to Home Depot for some metal rods. They cost no more than $4 apiece and you should be able to clamp them onto just about anything. Ideally, if you have two chains supporting your light fixture, you should be able to run the rods between them. The advantage to rods is, they won't sag and will require almost no tension between your light chains.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I had them on the wall in my last house.
Didn't work out with the new set up.
I went with the wooden plaque style.
It is small, hangs on the wall and has brass rails and sliding markers.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
My $0.02 - use high test fishing line or paracord or something like that. Wire, cable or rods are harder than your ferrule / shaft, which you will definitely be using to move beads.

-td

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member

I have the same style scoring beads as sold by Seyberts. I mounted them high near the table foot end rail, and running parallel to the short rail.

The wire is stretched (slightly tight) from wall to wall. There are 3 mounting (or supporting) beads...1 bead on each end of the string, and 1 in the center. The mounting beads have eyelets that attach to the ceiling by a string. The purpose of these beads is to support the weight of the score beads and eliminate most sag in the wire. The 3 ceiling support beads need to be separated about 4 feet apart to allow space for both players bead scoring.

When mounted there are 4 very slight wire sags (wall to first bead, first bead to center bead, center bead to third bead, and 3rd bead to wall). The score beads are high enough so the scores can be seen from all angles, and the scoring beads are moved with the shaft.

Note: The beads are strung on a string when purchased and need to be strung on the wire in the same order before attaching the wire to the walls.

Last edited:

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the place I play the most, they hang the beads above each light between the chains that hold the light.