Has anyone seen Robb Saez lately?

Joe Rogan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know he went to the Philippines for the world championships, but he's been MIA ever since. I was supposed to meet with him in NJ last week, I had tickets for the UFC for him and a buddy of ours from CT, but no one can get a hold of Robb and his cell phone has been shut off.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Joe

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe Rogan said:
I know he went to the Philippines for the world championships, but he's been MIA ever since. I was supposed to meet with him in NJ last week, I had tickets for the UFC for him and a buddy of ours from CT, but no one can get a hold of Robb and his cell phone has been shut off.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

I flew home with him from the Philippines two days ago. A lady friend of his from San Francisco drove down to L.A. to pick him up at the airport. He was planning to spend some time with her and then fly back to Miami.

AZE

DeucesCracked Instructor
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Joe,

I flew home with him from the Philippines two days ago. A lady friend of his from San Francisco drove down to L.A. to pick him up at the airport. He was planning to spend some time with her and then fly back to Miami.

You guys fly in the private jet? :D

What's going on Jay?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
AZE said:
You guys fly in the private jet? :D

What's going on Jay?

Yeah, Rob and I and 300 other people! We both sat in the cattle section in back, and every seat was taken. At least that dude can sleep all the way. He was out like a light for ten hours of a twelve hour flight.

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Yeah, Rob and I and 300 other people! We both sat in the cattle section in back, and every seat was taken. At least that dude can sleep all the way. He was out like a light for ten hours of a twelve hour flight.
Jay were there any suspicious people on the plane? Besides you two?

Joe Rogan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, AZE and Jay. I got a hold of him today. His phone had been turned off while he was in the Philipines and I started to get a little worried.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
philw said:
Jay were there any suspicious people on the plane? Besides you two?

They looked like all filipinos, so we defintely stood out. There is double security at the Manila airport, and they didn't like the cue case (a new Barton Custom) I was carrying. I patiently explained (twice) that it was empty, just a plastic tube with leather wrap.

I got lucky because one of the security guys was a cousin of Rudolpho Luat (True!) and he told me his cousin was #2 in the Philippines. I looked at his name tag and it said Luat, so I told him I knew Rudy quite well. Boy Samson was a great player I said, and he smiled and waved me through. :)

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:

That is the only way to fly. Wish I could do it.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Awww, Jay... That was pretty nice of you. Luat is a tremendous player, but was never #2 at any time. It was very diplomatically handled by you.

It musta been all those nights hustlin' in smokey bars that taught you to handle those situations with a smooth hand, lol...

Russ

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
Luat is a tremendous player, but was never #2 at any time.
Russ

sorry to disagree with you but he used to beat them all consistently except for efren. years ago him and efren played close to the same speed... one of the last times they matched up he beat efren in a race to 31 and efren didn't talk to him for months.

luat was surely the number 2 over there, and every now and then number 1.

he still has the best stroke out of all the filipinos.

best ball pocketer: lee van corteza

best cue ball control: warren kiamko

Last edited: