Has Larry Nevel surpassed Earl Strickland...

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in cue length? Good lord.

I'd pay too see a PPV of them jousting on horseback.

I alone on this?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when i walked into high pockets tonight and saw him playing with that cue i wondered if he had borrowed it from earl lol.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when i walked into high pockets tonight and saw him playing with that cue i wondered if he had borrowed it from earl lol.

Maybe Earl convinced him to give a long cue a shot during Bonus Ball. They were on the same team

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
worthlesswopics.gif

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chip up 2 as of now. Chip had him to 6 once..and to 5 ahead 3 times I think. Seems to hover around Chip+3

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
It seems like such a long cue would make it difficult to keep the tip down during follow-through (too much weight in the rear).

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Earl, Nevel, and before he got a cue sponsor, Stevie Moore.

I have a friend that took a lesson from Stevie, used his cue, and was instantly converted.

Might be something to it.

Kevin

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl, Nevel, and before he got a cue sponsor, Stevie Moore.

I have a friend that took a lesson from Stevie, used his cue, and was instantly converted.

Might be something to it.

Kevin

Do you simply attach a decent standard extension onto the end of the cue or do you have to get a specially designed one?

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Do you simply attach a decent standard extension onto the end of the cue or do you have to get a specially designed one?

They do both. I think the cue itself is longer (shaft too) and then they have an extension or two.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I only recently found out that Larry is also a cuemaker.

Did he make this himself or does he have someone do his personal playing cues for him?

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl and Mike Guylassy,,!!!

Spoke to Mike Gulyassy earlier as he is making me a few shafts and Earl's cues are a virtual technological wonder as per Earl's requests,,,,

They are of Earl's design and Mike is the only guy that Earl trusts to pull off his specifications and playability,,,,,,,

By the way,,,again,,,as per Earl's design,,,Mike is crafting him a break cue,!!!

Stay tuned,!!!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Spoke to Mike Gulyassy earlier as he is making me a few shafts and Earl's cues are a virtual technological wonder as per Earl's requests,,,,

They are of Earl's design and Mike is the only guy that Earl trusts to pull off his specifications and playability,,,,,,,

By the way,,,again,,,as per Earl's design,,,Mike is crafting him a break cue,!!!

Stay tuned,!!!

Stevie's cue was a Gulyassy too. My friend called Mike and Mike made one for him, not too pricey and pretty quick turn-around. He got the cue, used it for a few days, and promptly sent me his $5K standard length player to sell. he's a convert.

Kevin

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I have a custom Gary Johnson cue that is the standard 58" in length. I had Gary make a screw-on 10" extension for it, for those tough-to-reach shots.

The sucker is heavy as hell on the back end. No biggie for the stretch shot, but I've tried to shoot with it during normal play and it's just waaaaaaay too cumbersome for me.

I have to think that a long cue is made in a specific way for this specific purpose and probably feels much different than my set-up.

I could be wrong.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I have a custom Gary Johnson cue that is the standard 58" in length. I had Gary make a screw-on 10" extension for it, for those tough-to-reach shots.

The sucker is heavy as hell on the back end. No biggie for the stretch shot, but I've tried to shoot with it during normal play and it's just waaaaaaay too cumbersome for me.

I have to think that a long cue is made in a specific way for this specific purpose and probably feels much different than my set-up.

I could be wrong.

Justin

I think when they are built that way, they are balanced that way. If I remember correctly, Earl's cue weighs like 24 ozs, but spread evenly over the 65 (or whatever) inches) it feels balanced and easy.

Kevin