Has there been a pool table with more than six pockets

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has there been a pool table with more than six pockets, say 8 or 12 pockets ever? just curious. Thanks.

Earl S. Please do not read this post.

Albatross Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was an L-shaped table that was down in Seward, Alaska. At one point in time. But it still had six pockets if memory serves.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
There is the "Bankers delight"
Like everything else I have found on the web....it may not be real:rolleyes:

Attachments

• lotto-pool-table.jpg
    lotto-pool-table.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 794

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Naji - both of these tables were talked about in a thread on here ( with pics - they always seem to be in little redneck hole in the walls for whatever reason lol ) within the last year or so. They actually are/were in production because quite a few people chimed in with locations where they saw/played on them. I personally ran into one of those L shaped ones in a little sh_t hole bar in Greensburg, PA - JUST outside of Pittsburg. As I had stated in that thread they look really cool at first and were fun to play on for like the first half hour then the novelty completely wears off and your like " ok thats enough! " Although I didn't spend enough time to really explore it, I think the L shape one could make for a very interesting variation of one pocket. Hope this helps, what did u hear about one and are looking to try it out? Oh yeah one more thing, they are ridiculously pricey and supp the are made by grafting two barboxes together and the price far outways the cost of the two tables.

Ps Naji, if u pm me ur cell # I can send u pics of both types. I still haven't been able to post pics on AZB - ALTHOUGH IVE TRIED MANY TIMES LOL :)

Last edited:

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Naji - both of these tables were talked about in a thread on here ( with pics - they always seem to be in little redneck hole in the walls for whatever reason lol ) within the last year or so. They actually are/were in production because quite a few people chimed in with locations where they saw/played on them. I personally ran into one of those L shaped ones in a little sh_t hole bar in Greensburg, PA - JUST outside of Pittsburg. As I had stated in that thread they look really cool at first and were fun to play on for like the first half hour then the novelty completely wears off and your like " ok thats enough! " Although I didn't spend enough time to really explore it, I think the L shape one could make for a very interesting variation of one pocket. Hope this helps, what did u hear about one and are looking to try it out? Oh yeah one more thing, they are ridiculously pricey and supp the are made by grafting two barboxes together and the price far outways the cost of the two tables.

Ps Naji, if u pm me ur cell # I can send u pics of both types. I still haven't been able to post pics on AZB - ALTHOUGH IVE TRIED MANY TIMES LOL :)

Thank you very much for the post. Actually a friend of mine has a bad column (post) in the basement , i felt a different shape table or more pockets could solve a problem, never thought they existed. Thanks much for the info..

fool4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Naji,

A couple of years ago I was viewing an episode of American Pickers.

They found a "Penny Arcade Game".
This tiny table had 8 Pockets.

Later I tried to locate some information about these Mini Tables but couldn't find any mention of them at all.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
eight pocketed table

Not what you are looking for to save space but I saw a monster of an eight pocket table, I think touring an old home but it might have been a museum or even an old government building. Needed a range finder to play on it. The playing area was either eight by sixteen or ten by twenty I believe. Four legs down each side, two or three in the middle, a monster! The four pockets down each side were evenly spaced.

As soon as I saw it I quit looking at any details except all that green! I was trying to come up with a plausible reason they should let me hit a few balls on a museum piece but it didn't happen.

Hu

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I played on a Z-shaped table years ago. I can't remember how many pockets it had. It was a fun but the novelty wore off after one game.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has there been a pool table with more than six pockets, say 8 or 12 pockets ever? just curious. Thanks.

Earl S. Please do not read this post.

There has been Pool tables with as little as two (2) pockets in one end, for playing One Pocket. (I think they call it up-table One Pocket)

They had two (2) of these tables in Joplin.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There has been Pool tables with as little as two (2) pockets in one end, for playing One Pocket. (I think they call it up-table One Pocket)

They had two (2) of these tables in Joplin.

Interesting! That makes sense for a pocket a piece game!