Hawaiian Brian's Personal Cue

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Hawaiian" Brian Hashimoto, Hawaii's All Time Best....
This is Hawaiian Brian's personal Tad Kohara Cue.
All original!!!! Never been refinished or touched by anyone else.
This is the cue Brian use when he was on the road playing the best players around the U.S.
I truly believe this cue is a collector's Item, If you really know about the history of "Hawaiian" Brian.
$20,000.00

Last edited:

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
'Hawaiian" Brian Hashimoto

"Hawaiian" Brian Hasimoto.... HAWAII'S ALL TIME BEST...
Another significant Cue...Hopin' the AZ Grapvine would get to the High End Collectors....Only $20,000.00

Last edited:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
In a time when a $10 baseball can sell for way more then $1,000,000 if it is hit out of the park at the right time by the right person I think $20,000 is not unreasonable at all for a cue that even without the name and history attached is worth serious coin being a very nice old Tad. Actually I find it to be cheap, if pool ever hits it big and becomes popular which very well might happen now that at least Asia is really building a huge fanbase and the IPT might still have a chance to light some interest here someone will make a killing off a cue like this. This cue has been alot of places and seen alot of things in the world of pool over the last few decades.

Bump for the piece of history.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
CueCaps said:
"Hawaiian" Brian Hashimoto, Hawaii's All Time Best....
This is Hawaiian Brian's personal Tad Kohara Cue.
All original!!!! Never been refinished or touched by anyone else.
This is the cue Brian use when he was on the road playing the best players around the U.S.
I truly believe this cue is a collector's Item, If you really know about the history of "Hawaiian" Brian.
$20,000.00

Regardless of anything else, that is the oldest Tad I have ever seen. I'm hoping Brian bought it directly from Tad and could maybe remember what year that was?

Kevin

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
70's Tad

kvinbrwr said:
Regardless of anything else, that is the oldest Tad I have ever seen. I'm hoping Brian bought it directly from Tad and could maybe remember what year that was?

Kevin
Brian said it's from the mid to late 70's..At that time, the cue was a Tad #1 (Tad used to number his differet models he offered). Brian bought it from Tad when he was playing/staying in California. He made Tad Kohara Cues very popular here in Hawaii.
ALL ORIGINAL
Thanks for your interest Kevin. Thanks for reopening this thread.:)
ALOHA!!!!!!!!!

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Is he lying on the table to make the shot? I thought a foot had to be on the floor or is it me :confused: ?

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
Remy said:
Is he lying on the table to make the shot? I thought a foot had to be on the floor or is it me :confused: ?

sir, confused you are. he can hit a shot (about any shot) hanging from the ceiling spinning around snared in his hallux if he so chooses, which btw is one of brians more explicit trix.

you should be able to find out via youtube but giving you the link would be too easy.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Photo Attached

I've notice the old post don't have the photos too.
This is all I found...
Forearm is 4 point Back, Red, Maple Veneers.. I think?? Thick Nickel/Silver Ring..
I see him playing with it all the time..
Thanks..

Attachments

• Biran Tad Butt.jpg
    Biran Tad Butt.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 862

HawaiiD

I have actually held(in my hand) Hawaiian Brian's cue back in about 2003.There is no finish on it at all(worn away).He used that cue everyday.You can actually feel the separate veneers and inlays in the forearm.It was a great privilege.I remember Brain mentioning that he had the butt cap extended by Tad Kohara.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello HawaiiD,
You are right, in that, the "late" Brian had his White Delrin Butt Cap be longer.

Guys...
Cue is sold..
"Hawaiian" Brian Hashimoto passed away last year ( 2019 ).
Link:

About the Cue's worn condition.. Brian said " Would you repaint an all original '57 Chevy? "
Brian had a way with words.

Kurt Kobayashi, of Kobayashi Billiards, sold this cue for Hawaiian Brian after Brian retired and moved to 'Vegas..
I do not know the details of the sales..

Alton - Cue Caps :)

Last edited: