Hello from the Philippines!

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I just wanted to take time to thank everyone who has helped me with my travels. I just arrived in the Philippines tonight. The best way to describe it....HOT! And yes, I am talking about the temperature. The first tournament, Philippine Open begins on May 27th and the Women's World 10-ball begins on June 1st. Thank you again to everyone who has become Heartbackers so far to help me get here!

Check my blog for updates. Sorry for the break I took from it while in Vegas. It will be updated at least every other day, if not everyday. My blog

Sarah

let us know if you got out of the first bracket.

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
For those who don't know what we are talking about,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

I almost tried Balut once, but I had absolutely no chance of putting that into my mouth... I guess it was an older egg than normal, but the Filipino next to me ate it instead...

It looked something like this

haha! you should eat it without looking at it sir. maybe you had an older one. the young ones you won't even see the "chick"... :thumbup:

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Sorry for the lack of updates my friends! The pool hall is incredible. I swear the second time I went that I didn't think another world class player could walk in the door and yet here came another! I mean Shane playing any and every challenger. The top Filipinos playing each other! It was really amazing to say the least. I haven't matched up with Lolong yet but I have met him. He is the most incredible person...all I can say is what a game and what a personality. Someone said to me that he makes the most money as anyone at the pool room. I promise to match up with him before I leave on Sunday!

As for the food, I have not tried anything too amazing. I have admit I love one of the breakfast dishes. It is a fried egg, plain white rice and some type of beef (so I think) that is somewhat sweet and wonderful! Other than that, it is really easy to get along as an American here. Everyone speaks some english!

Mr. Bartram....you better visit here one time in your life. You would never run out of games! You play one person and another lines up. Not to speak for you that is, but I do know you and know how you love to match up. I think you know your road partners would gladly come back here with you. Unfortunately, the Lancer or the Silver Bullet cannot make it here!

Thanks all for the support and this has definitely been the chance of a lifetime!

Sarah

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Sorry for the lack of updates my friends! The pool hall is incredible. I swear the second time I went that I didn't think another world class player could walk in the door and yet here came another! I mean Shane playing any and every challenger. The top Filipinos playing each other! It was really amazing to say the least. I haven't matched up with Lolong yet but I have met him. He is the most incredible person...all I can say is what a game and what a personality. Someone said to me that he makes the most money as anyone at the pool room. I promise to match up with him before I leave on Sunday!

As for the food, I have not tried anything too amazing. I have admit I love one of the breakfast dishes. It is a fried egg, plain white rice and some type of beef (so I think) that is somewhat sweet and wonderful! Other than that, it is really easy to get along as an American here. Everyone speaks some english!

Mr. Bartram....you better visit here one time in your life. You would never run out of games! You play one person and another lines up. Not to speak for you that is, but I do know you and know how you love to match up. I think you know your road partners would gladly come back here with you. Unfortunately, the Lancer or the Silver Bullet cannot make it here!

Thanks all for the support and this has definitely been the chance of a lifetime!

Sarah
Here's the food, Tapsilog, that you speak of. It's delicious, and what I used to order daily at One Side :)
PS: If you like spicy food, go to the Harbor Cafe (spelled like that), only few pesos with taxi from One Side, and order Spicy Crab. mmmm...
The owner of Harbor Cafe is almost daily at One Side gambling (sidebets mostly)
tapsilog.jpg

Here's a picture of Lolong :)
IMAGE_072.jpg

I am looking forward to read about your match with Lolong. He's "nr 1" at One Side :) Always in action, always good at negotiating handicaps and because of his funny personality he is "guaranteed" to play newcomers/foreigners who just happen to visit One Side to watch the pros play.

Last edited:

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
With that look on my face I am guessing that I was checking my bank account! haha. It is really pretty awesome, every mall here in Manila offers free Wifi. The hotels charge an arm and a leg for internet access!

Thanks Roy for the pic of what I was talking about. I had it at One Side too and it was great. I also had it at a place called Max's. I will play Lolong tonight or tomorrow night and I will let you know how it goes. So far, he has only asked me for my phone number...haha.

Like I said before, every pool player should visit the Philippines once in their life. It is truly amazing!

Sarah

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
With that look on my face I am guessing that I was checking my bank account! haha. It is really pretty awesome, every mall here in Manila offers free Wifi. The hotels charge an arm and a leg for internet access!

Thanks Roy for the pic of what I was talking about. I had it at One Side too and it was great. I also had it at a place called Max's. I will play Lolong tonight or tomorrow night and I will let you know how it goes. So far, he has only asked me for my phone number...haha.

Like I said before, every pool player should visit the Philippines once in their life. It is truly amazing!

Sarah

That's what Lolong does. He gets the phonenumber to a lot of the customers at One Side, and then he sends them messages offering/asking for hcp.

Or, he might want to marry you. He's already got 3 wifes, but I think it's only Filipinas. Maybe he is looking for something new ;)

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sarah,

You might want to avoid this guy. I get the feeling he is not quite an official franchise.

MCDONALDS.jpg

Last edited:

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
So, what's the latest news?

I expect some great updates from the after-hour matches at One Side involving Alcano, Bustamante, Orcullo, Reyes, Shane, Appleton and of course Lolong.

Has Klatt been in action?

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Hey guys. Jason actually went to the pool room every night and played. We are now in Shanghai and I've been trying to update my blog and for some reason the network will not load blogger.com. I have lots of pictures from the pool room and a report on some of the things that went on. As so as I can, I will update everything.

Chris, we get home from China on the 15th.

Sarah