Help can anybody Identify a cue from discription or photograph

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi this is my first post My name is Scott and I will be on here more as I just came across this site while trying to find out what kind of pool cue I just recently bought. this story goes as this.

A guy at the local pizza shop was selling what he said was a meucci a roling rock pool light and a "house stick" for an aweful low price so I bought them.

now the "meucci" looks like one except there is no name on it anywhere (could be worn off) it has the black checker board border near the butt cap and where the shaft and meet. my problem is I have never seen a meucci with broad cork screw type thread. I know this may not be useful without a picture and I am working on getting that done.

but if anyone has and ideas just from this description or maybe someone who has knowledge and lives in eastern PA maybe I can go show this to them.

sorry for the novel. but i believe this cue is of some quality but possibly not a meucci. I have Joss cues and have more knowledge of those.

thanks in avance SK

larry732

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
It sounds like a radial pin and definately not Meucci. Posible Lucasi,but they use Uniloc joints. Whatever,post some pictures.

06Busa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I wouldn't even think of going by description.
Also dont ever recall seeing a unmarked Lucasi.
Pics are the only way to go.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
I wouldn't even think of going by description.
Also dont ever recall seeing a unmarked Lucasi.
Pics are the only way to go.

Need pix...that is the only way to go.

I have seen many unmarked Lucasi cues...I have also seen many Kaiser and knock-off Lucasi style cues with no markings.

I have NEVER seen a Meucci with a radial pin.

Joe

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK I appreciate the help if I can email somebody some pictures can somebody post them haven't figured that part out yet, I only paid 60 for the cue in question a one piece bar cue and a rolling rock pool table light, so I wont be disapointed whatever the answer is the guy is still saying its a meucci i told him that i doubted it. I will check out the sites and if someone can post a pic or 2 let me know also I will research how to post pics.

also for those of you collectors you may be interrested to see the one of a kind Joss previously owned by Joe Balsis and was presented to him dan janes upon his induction into the BCA hall of fame in the mid 80's I can send pics of that also.

Lazerrus

I LUV CURLY MAPLE!!!!!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Here are his pics. Nice Joss man! Glad to help, Duane

Attachments

• Picture 1607.jpg
    Picture 1607.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,804
  • Picture 1608.jpg
    Picture 1608.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,944
  • Picture 1609.jpg
    Picture 1609.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,789
  • Picture 1610.jpg
    Picture 1610.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,900
  • Picture 1611.jpg
    Picture 1611.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,847

Lazerrus

I LUV CURLY MAPLE!!!!!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Your cue in question is not a Meucci. It reminds me of a Mali. It has a 80's look to it. Try sending a PM to both Craig "MANWON" and Joe "Bamacues". I bet they have an idea.

Last edited:

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks the Joss is badass I picked that up about 6-7 years ago, form a cue dealer who was consigning Joe balsis cues from his widow, as far as selling it i have thought about it from time to time but I dont know how to put a value on it (asides from the butt cap the rest of the inlays are ivory.

Lazerrus

I LUV CURLY MAPLE!!!!!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I would still suggest taking a pic of the inside of the butt cap and weight bolt with the bumper removed. Different cue makers used different styles and types in that area. It could be the whole answer right there.

Lazerrus

I LUV CURLY MAPLE!!!!!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Picture of the inner butt cap of Scott's cue in question.

Attachments

• Scotts cue.JPG
    Scotts cue.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 270

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
Thanks the Joss is badass I picked that up about 6-7 years ago, form a cue dealer who was consigning Joe balsis cues from his widow, as far as selling it i have thought about it from time to time but I dont know how to put a value on it (asides from the butt cap the rest of the inlays are ivory.

I'M IN EAST STROUDSBURG IF YOU WOULD WANT SOMEONE TO LOOK THEM OVER IN PERSON. GOING BY PICTURES, THE CUE APPEARS TO BE AN OFFSHORE CUE OF SOME TYPE. POSSIBLY AN ADAMS. IT IS CERTAINLY NOT A MEUCCI. IF YOU GOT THE BALSIS FROM RICH, AND YOU'RE LOCAL TO HIM, LET HIM CHECK OUT THE MAPLE CUE. HE MAY BE ABLE TO TELL YOU WHAT IT IS.

Marcus