Here we go again - Another bad seller thread

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
332   0   0
All I know is AZ is killing my Jiffy Pop case... :grin:

Seller should have refunded or paid to get the shaft reworked.

jiffy-pop.gif

JV

Nothing more needs to be said :thumbup2:

buzzmc

Balance
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Really seems simple.

You like the cue, you're going to keep it it sounds like, and it costs a minimal amount to have fixed that you would have eaten had the seller been gracious.

He/she was not gracious - No more business with them. End story, enjoy cue.

The seller really should know what they are selling IMO. That's just not right.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Sean is right about the inherent risk with aftermarket shafts not possibly fitting which is not the fault of the seller, presuming that the cue had been correctly described.

And Nick was absolutely correct about the pin specs being important.

If the seller says the joint is Ivory but it's Juma or describes the ferrules to be ivory but are actually melamine, or the wrap is supposed to be Cortland Linen but it's really
only Irish Linen, any of those are reasons the deal needs to be reversed 100% for misrepresentation,.....deliberate or unintentional, it doesn't matter....the buyer bought
the cue based upon its "essential" features which obviously are the pin type, joint, ferrules, wrap, cue weight, or shaft sizes & weights and most importantly, the cue's condition.

Matt B.

takeitdown

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Dispute on paypal and stop payment with credit cards.
Sellers are obligated to accurately describe cue. Wrong pin is not acceptable.
You can't just stick buyer like that.
Enough is enough.

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
363   0   1
The fact that he had a shaft he wanted to use on the cue is irrelevant.

The cue was listed as a cue with a 3/8x10 joint. That was wrong. I am certain that it was an honest mistake, but it was still wrong. The cue was inaccurately described in the listing.

Joe

I could not agree with you more Joe.. The seller is absolutely responsible for knowing what he/she is selling and should do whatever it takes to make it right! Anything less is NOT acceptable, PERIOD! I definitely would like to know who the seller is so I can avoid him at all cost..

rustysregular10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
If i may offer my opinion, all 3/8x10 pins are not the same. I have two cues with this pin size and neither shafts will fit the other. Another thing that bothers me is that youre all blaming the seller for a bad description. Why? If he was told it was 3/8x10 when he bought it, and only used the original shaft, why would he need to go researching? Plus it is pretty easy to identify a 3/8x11 in most cues. The pin is usually brass as most 3/8x10 pins are usually steel. So i say post pics of the pin so we all see it and can make our own determinations. Dont blame others for the bad information they recieved as well. I also agree i would not buy a new shaft for a cue i have not used especially if you already have shafts of the same thread. I would have tried fitting one of my current shafts before i went out buying new stuff i have no idea will even work. I believe this is a learning lesson and think it should be left as is. Does the seller have to make it right? No. Should he? Its personal opinion. Yea he may not be able to sell here anymore, but whos to say he wont go change his username and email? Its both parties who are at fault in this particular situation in my opinion. Hate me if you want but its the truth.

rustysregular10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Not to easy to do I think. 3/8 x 11 on aftermarket shafts is not common. 3/8 x 10 is. No production maker I know uses 3/8 x 11 so the aftermarket shaft makers don't make many. South West and numerous other custom makers who use 11 thread represent a very small % of total cue sales.

Kaiser uses 3/8x11, so does falcon, and omega, i think lucasi has one, joss used some,
Just to name a few

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems nuts to me that, on the facts presented, so many people are on the seller's side.

• If a shaft is advertised as 12.75 mm but it's 13mm, do you just take it down? What if it's the reverse, do you just get used to it?
  • If a cue is advertised as 19 oz but it's 19.5 and there are no weight bolts to remove, do you just drill out the but a little?
  • If a cue is lighter than advertised, do you just add a weight bolt?

I can't see a lick of difference between any of these issues and the pin diameter issue. It's either what was advertised or it's not. Period.

Save your documentation and dispute the charge.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
It seems nuts to me that, on the facts presented, so many people are on the seller's side.

• If a shaft is advertised as 12.75 mm but it's 13mm, do you just take it down? What if it's the reverse, do you just get used to it?
  • If a cue is advertised as 19 oz but it's 19.5 and there are no weight bolts to remove, do you just drill out the but a little?
  • If a cue is lighter than advertised, do you just add a weight bolt?

I can't see a lick of difference between any of these issues and the pin diameter issue. It's either what was advertised or it's not. Period.

Save your documentation and dispute the charge.

Right on. It's that simple

rustysregular10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Again, The seller did not misrepresent the cue if he bought it under the assumption it was a 3/8x10 pin. Why would he research the pin if he doesnt know its not what he was told???? Please explain it to me.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
You could have determined the size of pin yourself. No need for a cue maker's advice. All you had to do was lay a ruler up against the pin and count how many threads per inch. Very simple.

rustysregular10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Because if that is ok by you, what happen's when you purchase and/or sell a cue for big money under an assumption and it turns out to be pos knock off from china?

Wow really. Are you saying i would try to sell a cue thats a knock off and lie? The op said that the seller was told it was a 3/8x10 by whomever he purchased the cue from. He sold it the same way. He did not know it was not a 3/8x10 pin. The op confirmed this. If you or anyone else says that you research every aspect of every cue you have sold, then i challenge you and call you a bold faced liar. But hey what can i tell a bunch of know it alls anyway right? I say post a pic of the pin. That way all the cue experts here can see it. You will know if its a 3/8x10 or 11 by the pics. If you cant tell the difference in picture format, then you all owe the seller an apology. Im not saying the seller is right or the buyer. Im saying theyre both in the wrong. The buyer likes the cue. Hes just unhappy that he bought a shaft before the cue arrived and the shaft doesnt fit. Not the sellers fault. Yes the seller should apologize for the misunderstanding, but why should he have to pay for the op buying a shaft that he had no way of knowing if it would fit or not? Even if the pin size were correct, the shaft still might not fit. Both parties are in the wrong.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Wow really. Are you saying i would try to sell a cue thats a knock off and lie? The op said that the seller was told it was a 3/8x10 by whomever he purchased the cue from. He sold it the same way. He did not know it was not a 3/8x10 pin. The op confirmed this. If you or anyone else says that you research every aspect of every cue you have sold, then i challenge you and call you a bold faced liar. But hey what can i tell a bunch of know it alls anyway right? I say post a pic of the pin. That way all the cue experts here can see it. You will know if its a 3/8x10 or 11 by the pics. If you cant tell the difference in picture format, then you all owe the seller an apology. Im not saying the seller is right or the buyer. Im saying theyre both in the wrong. The buyer likes the cue. Hes just unhappy that he bought a shaft before the cue arrived and the shaft doesnt fit. Not the sellers fault. Yes the seller should apologize for the misunderstanding, but why should he have to pay for the op buying a shaft that he had no way of knowing if it would fit or not? Even if the pin size were correct, the shaft still might not fit. Both parties are in the wrong.

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!

If the cue was a 3/8x10 pin like he was told and the shaft wouldn't fit this thread would have never been started. You should probably stop posting cause your not doing yourself any favors.

rustysregular10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!

If the cue was a 3/8x10 pin like he was told and the shaft wouldn't fit this thread would have never been started. You should probably stop posting cause your not doing yourself any favors.

Read the original post again because youre all clearly not seeing it. The seller purchased the cue from another person on the false pretense that the pin was 3/8x10. Ok are you with me? Or have i lost you? The seller never used any other shaft than the one that was original to the cue. He posts the cue for sale. He knows nothing other than the info given to him by whoever he bought the cue from. The pin is similar to a 3/8x10 correct? Note i said similar. The original poster of this thread buys the cue from the seller. Ok heres where its getting tricky for you. BOTH the buyer and the seller are under the impression that this cue has a 3/8x10 pin. Notice i said both. Ok so the buyer purchases the cue with said pin. He also purchases an aftermarket jacoby shaft for the cue he has yet to recieve and even inspect. He is upset that the pin is SIMILAR to a 3/8x10 but will not fit his new shaft. So wants his money back. Seller will not refund because his statement was nothing more than what he was LED TO BELIEVE. Yes the pin is 3/8x11 but the seller did not purchase the cue new according to the op.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Read the original post again because youre all clearly not seeing it. The seller purchased the cue from another person on the false pretense that the pin was 3/8x10. Ok are you with me? Or have i lost you? The seller never used any other shaft than the one that was original to the cue. He posts the cue for sale. He knows nothing other than the info given to him by whoever he bought the cue from. The pin is similar to a 3/8x10 correct? Note i said similar. The original poster of this thread buys the cue from the seller. Ok heres where its getting tricky for you. BOTH the buyer and the seller are under the impression that this cue has a 3/8x10 pin. Notice i said both. Ok so the buyer purchases the cue with said pin. He also purchases an aftermarket jacoby shaft for the cue he has yet to recieve and even inspect. He is upset that the pin is SIMILAR to a 3/8x10 but will not fit his new shaft. So wants his money back. Seller will not refund because his statement was nothing more than what he was LED TO BELIEVE. Yes the pin is 3/8x11 but the seller did not purchase the cue new according to the op.

What the f*$k. You can't be serious.

He was told the cue had a 3/8x10 pin. It does not. Plain and simple. All that other shit you are taking about makes no sense. So if I sell you a radial pin cue but tell you it's a 3/8x10 your not going to mad . I mean they are both similar in the fact that they are big pins.

It does but matter what the seller was led to believe. It is his responsibility tomake sure the info is correct . You have to understand this.

Like I said before, please stop posting before you dig a hole for yourself. Nobody is going to want to buy anything from you if you keep saying goofy stuff like that.

rustysregular10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What the f*$k. You can't be serious.

He was told the cue had a 3/8x10 pin. It does not. Plain and simple. All that other shit you are taking about makes no sense. So if I sell you a radial pin cue but tell you it's a 3/8x10 your not going to mad . I mean they are both similar in the fact that they are big pins.

It does but matter what the seller was led to believe. It is his responsibility tomake sure the info is correct . You have to understand this.

Like I said before, please stop posting before you dig a hole for yourself. Nobody is going to want to buy anything from you if you keep saying goofy stuff like that.

Thats fine. Im not trying to sell anything. If you tried selling me a radial pin cue id be able to tell from the pics correct? Thats why i said post pics so allof us can see it. I believe if you see the pics youd be able to tell right? That being said, you would simply say to the seller, " hey are you sure thats a 3/8x10? " he may say im not sure. Thats when you ask him to make sure. I also understand its the sellers responsibility to make sure his info is correct. Im just saying you dont think its possible the seller knows little enough about cues that he did not know it wasnt the right size? What if the person he bought it from assured him it was? He may not know any better. He may have trusted the person he bought it from. I believe the pics would do the talking. Im not saying the seller is in the right for not trying to offer an even refund. Thats not what im saying. If in fact the shaft purchased by the op is brand new, wouldnt jacoby offer an even swap?