Here's a tough shot to figure out.

Here's a shot that may give the viewers a chance to tax the grey matter!

Tough shot.jpg

The CB is yellow, the CB and red ball are frozen, the white ball is frozen in the corner! WWYD?

Number13cfan

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

The CB is yellow, the CB and red ball are frozen, the white ball is frozen in the corner! WWYD?

Number13cfan
Have the balls spotted and shoot the natural?

Or: play long rail first off the ball in the corner for the short natural pattern. The cue ball needs to come off the white ball almost parallel to the short cushion, so follow may help.

There are probably several kiss-backs to play.

The shot is played as a 'Soft Follow Kiss Shot.'

Soft follow kiss shot.jpg

Play with 'Soft' speed and 10 O'clock English, it's possible to score the point with several cushions!

Remember; playing softly is the key to creating the effect on the CB!

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like how number13cfan shows the enlarged cue ball and the english . I will use that from now on. Thanks

SvFiat

Answer

View attachment 372491

Number13cfan

This is just a variation of the frozen ball in the corner trick shot. You would aim at the frozen corner ball with draw and come back around the table 3 rails to the red.

This is just a variation of the frozen ball in the corner trick shot. You would aim at the frozen corner ball with draw and come back around the table 3 rails to the red.

Obviously, you can NOT play the 'kiss back' around the table, the red ball is in the way!

Besides, the shot I presented shows a little, 'flare', 'panache!'

Number13cfan

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I altered number13cfan's situation by creating a sliver of space between the 2 balls. This allows you options beyond spotting the balls.

Attachments

• Tough%20shot b.jpg
    Tough%20shot b.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I altered number13cfan's situation by creating a sliver of space between the 2 balls. This allows you options beyond spotting the balls.

not trying to be picky since im a pool player.....:embarrassed2: (forgive me)
but withthe english shown ( 2 oclock) wouldnt the cue hit the rail and go 2 diamonds over??

j0elpark

Registered
For it to go two diamonds over, you'd have to hit it with right english. You can see how much of an effect english has here:

http://www.joelpark.net/billiards/tracklines.html

Also, just wanted to mention that you can use the aiming diagram maker to make an aiming diagram that you can overlay on the table using an image editor. Like so (not sure if this shot is possible):

Attachments

• b.png
    b.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

j0elpark

Registered
I just added a new feature. If you go to the diagram page you will see a box labeled 'coordinates.' If you set up the balls and then copy and paste what's in that box, others can copy and paste that into the box and get the exact same layout.

For instance, you can put in 83.2,83.2,287,287,305,288 and you will get the above layout.

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
Great job Joel. Maybe this app should become a sticky. My $.02. I look forward to all of the WWYD 3C layouts. <clapping>