Hoppe Titilist Conversion

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hoppeoriginal labels.JPG
hoppeoriginal labels.JPG
A while back I mentioned that my son had found 2 Willie Hoppe titilist one piece cues in an antique shop while vacationing in Cape Cod- He purchased both ( in great shape) for $115 total. Now we had the cues converted by Cues Directly- Dave Brainard- Salem Oregon. here is my cue- received yesterday. the cue came out perfect! I added the rubber bumper, but can be removed with one screw to have that genuine Hoppe look. Points came out very vibrant. The cue hits like a dream! 3/8 10 pin - I cannot express how happy I am with the work done to this cue and how well it plays.
mikehoppe3.jpg
dan hoppe points2.JPG

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to the OP for such nice words. The old Brunswick cues are the only cues I will touch outside of my own, I don't do repair work or conversions unless they are the higher quality of the Brunswick lines.

Thanks to Blackballed and Hawaiian Eye as well for chiming in, I always enjoy reading your posts. I rarely comment online anywhere but when I do, it's most likely on AZBilliards, the best.

Great news that has been missed this week is that the USPS seems to be back to normal. I sent 3 cues out on Monday, two showed up on the other side of the country on Wednesday and it looks like this one showed up on Thursday, very nice.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to the OP for such nice words. The old Brunswick cues are the only cues I will touch outside of my own, I don't do repair work or conversions unless they are the higher quality of the Brunswick lines.

Thanks to Blackballed and Hawaiian Eye as well for chiming in, I always enjoy reading your posts. I rarely comment online anywhere but when I do, it's most likely on AZBilliards, the best.

Great news that has been missed this week is that the USPS seems to be back to normal. I sent 3 cues out on Monday, two showed up on the other side of the country on Wednesday and it looks like this one showed up on Thursday, very nice.
If I ever get my hands on another old blank, you may be doing another one. :)

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 592030View attachment 592030A while back I mentioned that my son had found 2 Willie Hoppe titilist one piece cues in an antique shop while vacationing in Cape Cod- He purchased both ( in great shape) for $115 total. Now we had the cues converted by Cues Directly- Dave Brainard- Salem Oregon. here is my cue- received yesterday. the cue came out perfect! I added the rubber bumper, but can be removed with one screw to have that genuine Hoppe look. Points came out very vibrant. The cue hits like a dream! 3/8 10 pin - I cannot express how happy I am with the work done to this cue and how well it plays.View attachment 592031View attachment 592034
Very nice! Congrats on the new cue!

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
I would love to get my hands on an titlist. I keep checking the local area markets and have found nothing. I am envious of the cues i have seen in the threads here. Lucky bastards ;)

boyraks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's nothing better than to find a Titlist one piece cue. My wife has found me four one piece cues and I had three different cue makers convert them. I love them all. Back to the 60's when all the cuemakers used them Gina Cues were the best back in the day.
Any Gina titlists out there

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
View attachment 592030View attachment 592030A while back I mentioned that my son had found 2 Willie Hoppe titilist one piece cues in an antique shop while vacationing in Cape Cod- He purchased both ( in great shape) for $115 total. Now we had the cues converted by Cues Directly- Dave Brainard- Salem Oregon. here is my cue- received yesterday. the cue came out perfect! I added the rubber bumper, but can be removed with one screw to have that genuine Hoppe look. Points came out very vibrant. The cue hits like a dream! 3/8 10 pin - I cannot express how happy I am with the work done to this cue and how well it plays.View attachment 592031View attachment 592034
I have a couple by David - he does a really nice job on these conversions.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I am a sucker for Titlist conversions. At the moment I only have 1 but always looking, some of the nicest I have seen are the AE conversions. I also have an original Hoppe 2 piece Titlist that came with my GCI.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's nothing better than to find a Titlist one piece cue. My wife has found me four one piece cues and I had three different cue makers convert them. I love them all. Back to the 60's when all the cuemakers used them Gina Cues were the best back in the day.
Wow! Awesome cues and an awesome wife.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also had a very nice original two piece Willie Hoppe Professional cue- the one with the label and white ivory Hoppe ring- in great original shape with 3 terrific shafts made by an unknown cue maker for that cue- I bought it when living in NY many years ago- wish that I never sold it- the economic downturn in 08 - just felt the bottom dropping out of cue sales and I was holding fire sales on my cues back then - a powerful lesson- economies go down and back up again- what a bull market run from 09 to today- but I let go some cues that I loved never to see them again.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would it be a crime against all the amazing Titlist conversions I have seen here and elsewhere to have a titlist turned into a wood-to-wood Sneaky Pete?