HOW about Landon and Skylar on TAR?

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I responded in another thread about this but had a thought about maybe this might be something that would be fun.

I met Skylar Woodward about 4 years ago. I know he had played Landon a few times and Landon was just too much for him at that time. Understand that Landon may have the greatest coach in the country, Stan his father. As I understand it, Stan is at least shortstop level, and has passed all of the perfect fundamentals to Landon.

In the commentary during the Landon and Strickland match you will hear that Landon has the maturity to say, "I don't care about Earl". Strickland pulls his move that would bother most players, but this youngster Landon never let it affect him.

But getting back to Skylar, he has came a long way since those early matches with Landon. He has done some road trips, gambled some, won some tournaments and finished high in ones he hasn't.

Landon is a great young man, and Skylar is a pretty good buddy of mine. Obviously, I like them both and would like to see them play in a big match.

I keep thinking that maybe it would be good to have this like they have a lot of boxing matches where there is an "undercard" match or matches before they get to the "Feature"

Maybe a few of these undercards prior to the next big match would be a neat way to feature some "up and coming" players.

Any thoughts?

Ken

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Same answer you'll always see when someone suggests undercards (as well as doubles) :/
... they can't justify the cost of paying 4 players instead of 2.
Any extra tickets landon sells won't cover even the travel costs.

It's crazy but you can barely get people to shell out 15 bucks for SVB, Orcullo, Alex, Efren & Busty.
People will probably only watch these young guns for free, I know I would,
but they'll have to bet their own and get to vegas on their own dime.

mrmagoo42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Landon has and Skylar is on his way to a game/reputation fit for ppv. It is a shame that these young players are missing valuable exposure.

The price for a ppv is a little steep in comparison with other entertainment. Pay for undercards should be a shared expense. The exposure could be a real career boost.

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
4fun, wouldn't buy the PPV anyway

In fact, he always has great ideas on what to do with other people's money.

Get your good buddy, put some scratch together, and stake a game.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The top 3 people (in no order) that I would like to see in a TAR match, and would gladly pay for are

Landon Shuffet
Carlo Biado
Ko Pi

I don't even care who they play.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
If You want to see uber young top players????

I wouldn't mind seeing Landon Play Brendan.....

That would be Landon Shuffett and Brendan Crockett...

Jaden

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the Landon v Earl 10' stream last year and was very impressed

http://youtu.be/1HYQjoHjwL4

I'd gladly pay to see a rematch on TAR, then again I have a job and would gladly pay for a match with either.

Jeff

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW, I'm still hoping for the planets to align and see Earl back on TAR. JCIN,
as long as you have his favorite color of M&M's I'm sure he will be fine.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4fun, wouldn't buy the PPV anyway

In fact, he always has great ideas on what to do with other people's money.

Get your good buddy, put some scratch together, and stake a game.

I have bought several PPV, and probably will continue to if the players are a little different than the same old same old.

I don't know why the hostility, but you can kiss my a$$.

If you want to compare bank rolls we can wager on that too.

Ken

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I just heard a pre-announcement (stronger than rumor, but no details given) today that Skylar will be locking horns with Justin Bergman in the next couple of weeks in some poolhall in the backwoods of southern MO. It's about 2.5 hours south of st. louis and I'm *almost* interested enough to make the drive. Guess I'll wait and see how it plays out.

salted

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
although its great to promote young upcoming players in something like TAR, it probably wouldn't be the best idea for Justin business wise. If Justin is just about breaking even in matches including world renowned players such as Alcano, SVB, Alex etc, I doubt he'll be able to break even with these two guys. Just my two cents :)

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Barry Hearn just whispered in my ear "one of these two young lads is on the US Mosconi Cup team this year".

;)

Skyler and Justin Berman have played each other in the past (and at the same place that you are probably referring to that is 2 hours south of St Louis (in Cape Girardeau MO), and it was an enjoyable match to watch (below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDN84olI6Y

I would like to see them play again. I wonder if it would be a closer match up if they were to play each other again.

I just heard a pre-announcement (stronger than rumor, but no details given) today that Skylar will be locking horns with Justin Bergman in the next couple of weeks in some poolhall in the backwoods of southern MO. It's about 2.5 hours south of st. louis and I'm *almost* interested enough to make the drive. Guess I'll wait and see how it plays out.

Last edited: