How about them BRONCOS!!

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
The Steelers are my least favorite team in the NFL. Despite that, I think they got a raw deal having to play this game on the road. The NFL needs to change the rule that the division winner is guaranteed home field in the wild card. The Steelers won 4 more games than the Broncos as did the Saints vs. the Seahawks last playoffs. Very flawed logic giving those teams home field.

Seriously??? Jeeze if these supposedly superior teams can't win on the road against the inferior team, they don't deserve to advance.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously??? Jeeze if these supposedly superior teams can't win on the road against the inferior team, they don't deserve to advance.

?

Look, I despise the Steelers. I'm happy they lost. But they have a legitimate gripe. There should be some reward for having 4 more victories during a 16 game season than your opponent. Every other sport does it correctly- if you have the better record, you get home court/field advantage (with the exception of baseball- which stupidly determines homefield adv by the all-star game victor)

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
!!

tebow.jpg

I'm thinking that the last time a white Bronco got this much attention, O.J. was in it.

Nut

The post of the year so far!
Karl

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
?

Look, I despise the Steelers. I'm happy they lost. But they have a legitimate gripe. There should be some reward for having 4 more victories during a 16 game season than your opponent. Every other sport does it correctly- if you have the better record, you get home court/field advantage (with the exception of baseball- which stupidly determines homefield adv by the all-star game victor)

I don't totally disagree; however, I really have a hard time believing that Denver (or Seattle last year) having the home field advantage meant the difference in the result.

Both teams, Pittsburgh and New Orleans, didn't deserve to advance given the circumstances IMO.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree also
having lived in Denver for about 30 years I am a big Bronco Fan. However I agree that they appear done and pretty easy to predict.
They are though a team that has a lot to build on. i think they hav some good years ahead and i a vulnerable division.

Poor Tebow! I do'nt recall a rookie getting as much grief and he has absorbed this year. iwish when he threw the 80 yarder in OT, he would have stuck his middle finger in the air!!

dedstroke38

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?

So what sport gets it right then if MLB does it wrong too. The NBA and NHL give the first 3 seeds to the division winners and allocates the last 5 spots only by points regardless of division. Frequently the 4th and sometimes even 5th seed has a better record than the 3rd seed but that's just how the cookie crumbles. Winning a division regardless of its depth has always and should always be rewarded IMO.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
So what sport gets it right then if MLB does it wrong too. The NBA and NHL give the first 3 seeds to the division winners and allocates the last 5 spots only by points regardless of division. Frequently the 4th and sometimes even 5th seed has a better record than the 3rd seed but that's just how the cookie crumbles. Winning a division regardless of its depth has always and should always be rewarded IMO.

100% correct. :thumbup:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Glad to see the rule changes giving both teams a possesion of the ball worked.

I am confused as hell. I heard the referee discuss with the teams captains just before the overtime coin toss that under the overtime rules, both teams would have an opportunity to possess the ball in overtime. Then, you make this post. Problem is, I don't recall the Steelers getting the ball in overtime. Did I fall asleep or something? The only thing I can remember is that Pittsburg lost the coin toss, Denver elected to recieve, got the ball on the 20-yard line from a touchback on the kickoff, then scored the winning TD on the very first play of overtime. When/how is it that Pittsburg had a possession of the football in OT???

Maniac (thought it was a GREAT playoff game!)

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
I am confused as hell. I heard the referee discuss with the teams captains just before the overtime coin toss that under the overtime rules, both teams would have an opportunity to possess the ball in overtime. Then, you make this post. Problem is, I don't recall the Steelers getting the ball in overtime. Did I fall asleep or something? The only thing I can remember is that Pittsburg lost the coin toss, Denver elected to recieve, got the ball on the 20-yard line from a touchback on the kickoff, then scored the winning TD on the very first play of overtime. When/how is it that Pittsburg had a possession of the football in OT???

Maniac (thought it was a GREAT playoff game!)

Tony,

Once the Broncos scored a TD, the game was over. The new overtime rules only apply if the team receiving the ball first scores a Field Goal. If that happens, the other team gets a chance to tie or win with a TD. However, if the team receiving the ball in OT scores a TD, the other team does not get a chance to tie.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Tony,

Once the Broncos scored a TD, the game was over. The new overtime rules only apply if the team receiving the ball first scores a Field Goal. If that happens, the other team gets a chance to tie or win with a TD. However, if the team receiving the ball in OT scores a TD, the other team does not get a chance to tie.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I guess I didn't fall asleep after all :embarrassed2:!!!

Maniac

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The reward is that they actually made the playoffs- Tennessee had one more victory than them and didn't make it. They shouldn't get a second reward of getting home field.

It was even worse last season- Seahawks had a losing record and were not only allowed in the playoffs, but also given home field against the Saints.

For those that think home field doesn't matter, it called "home field advantage" for a reason

Oh well, I disagree with you guys. Again, I'm happy the Steelers lost, but I think the NFL needs to correct this rule.