how are ya'll doing in league ?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 and 1 on the session, first place in our MVP rankings. I have taken a bullet the last 2 weeks and played female SL 3's. I tend to do much better against 5 and up. I won the match but it is just irritating that 1 unlucky scratch on an 8 ball put her on the hill and gives her a team point...aaargh.

Wieguns

Banger
Silver Member
I'm 2-0 on the season, but on an 11 game win streak starting last season. Hope to continue it tonight.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Just started apa 8 and 9
8 is going kinda standard for me

9 lol
1st week it was competitve match
Since then its been one sided and tonights was the biggest margin, she might of got 3, to my 25
And i did it pretty fast

All i get is drama, your not a 3 your not a 3
They cant accept i just started

next vnea sesh starts in a week and im getting back in to that also

Just let them know that is you're a 3 and it says so right on the score sheet, then
show them. Also tell them if they practice as much as they b!tch they'd be a much
better player. I mean, since just by looking at your number they should be able to tell
that you're a new player. They might not like it, but they will respect you later.
That's the advantage of being mediocre, no one ever really complains about your skill
level, but there is also an advantage in not giving a shit what someone might think..
Don't let it bug you

Last edited:

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
We took 1st place for the middle 3rd part of the year and we're in first for the last 3rd. I said "were", didn't have a great showing this last Monday.

Our captain had his worse showing in a long time. After losing all three games and having a crappy hand in cards, he throws his cards at the floor, stomps his empty can on the floor and packs up his cues and leaves. A few expletives thrown in, of course. Just a full on three year old tantrum.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Getting back to my playing.....We started a new 9-ball session last Monday (Jan. 6th). I had been for about two weeks having severe pain in my left leg running down from my butt sometimes all the way to my achilles heel. Finally went to the doctor and he diagnosed it as sciatica. Went to league that night and immediately informed my captain that the only way I could play was if it were to prevent a forfeit.

Big mistake on my part. He ended up playing me (and if his wife had just played, he wouldn't have had to put me up).

So, I'm Playing another SL7. I quickly realize that I cannot put very much weight on my left leg, was in pain, and was out of stroke from not playing for the past two weeks. I got my arse handed to me 18-2. I haven't played that badly in several years. I played about three skill levels below how I usually play. Oh well, I gave it the "old college try" so-to-speak.

Needless to say, I won't be playing any league 8 or 9-ball until I am totally well and can shoot some at home to get my stroke back. I didn't even go to league last night. Pain was just too much.

So....found out today from x-rays on a return trip to the doctor that along with my many other maladies, I now have a crushed vertebrae (L5) in my lower back.

Life just keeps on getting better and better, Oh well, at least I'm still on the right side of the dirt. :thumbup:

Shoot well, y'all…..I may never again. :frown:

Maniac

I'm sorry to hear about all that....that really sucks. Here's hoping you make some progress and feel better soon

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, dub!

Maniac

I am with dub maniac. Hope your health improves soon.

I have not posted in a while....mainly because there has not been much to post about....except.loss after loss lol..

This session i am in the worst slump i have ever been in. 27 percent win in 8 ball and 18 percent in 9 ball. I know what the problem is but dont know how to correct it. Its all mental . there have been a bunch of changes on 2 teams i was captain of and it seems i have lost that competitive fire i used to have as a result of those changes.

Those changes were necessary though after both teams had to forfeit the last couple of tri cups due to not having enough players show up..

I am.in kind of a unique situation now. I relinquished part of my captain duties on my friday team. I am captain of 9 ball and another player is captain of 8 ball. We only had 4 players at the start of the session but its looking better now with the addition of a decent 5. It takes a lil stress off me that i was alwys putting on myself due to not having enough players.

If yall been paying attention to my ramblings on here you will recall i started playing on a new team last session that starts at 6:00 pm.. I was asked to join with the captain knowing i play on another team at another venue which starts at 7:00 pm. The whole team made it obvious theh really wanted me to join and we worked it out where i play the first match and leave to go to the other venue 10 minutes away to play for my other team. I love playing on this team as the team chemistry is great and every one has a never give uo attitude . we went from down 5-0 after 2 matches to not only win but go undefeated in our tri cup.bracket to qualify for ltc's. The captain always throws me against the other teams best player and i love that.

Now on to my sunday 7:00 pm team that i relinquished being captain of but am still listed as captain of 9 ball in name only. Its an entirely new team with no chemistry at all but thankfully a full team with no drama and 2 pretty good players on it ...besides me :wink:.

Now on to how i played last night. Faced another 6 in 9 ball on my first team. He won the lag and promptly sunk the 9 amd 2 other balls. Broke the second rwck and ran 4 before missing..he dry broke the 3 rd rack and no way for me to get on the 1 ball.. After thst start i was happy to only lose by 4 points..

Went to my second team and played 8 ball vs a 6 and i am a 5 . i won 4-0 and i think he did not have his head in the game because he only had 3 players last night. I very well know thst feeling .

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About half-way through this session now. Ranked first by 24 pts., won 19 games in a row (pays to get lucky). Still might not take first, as I work nights and might still have to miss a week or even two before all's said and done. But I'm playing some good pool consistently, something that's eluded me for more than a year now, so having fun with it.

FYI: the new Meucci with the pro shaft has been really good. I feel like I'm more accurate and consistent on the longer shots somehow.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About half-way through this session now. Ranked first by 24 pts., won 19 games in a row (pays to get lucky). Still might not take first, as I work nights and might still have to miss a week or even two before all's said and done. But I'm playing some good pool consistently, something that's eluded me for more than a year now, so having fun with it.

FYI: the new Meucci with the pro shaft has been really good. I feel like I'm more accurate and consistent on the longer shots somehow.

Great shooting. I have the carbon pro also and it was a lot easier to adjust to than my revo. I went back to my black dot shaft a few weeks ago and feel like i play better with it.

Consistency...man that is my biggest problem also. Hate it when you beat an 8 one week not needing the handicap and then lose to a 2 the next week lol..

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great shooting. I have the carbon pro also and it was a lot easier to adjust to than my revo. I went back to my black dot shaft a few weeks ago and feel like i play better with it.

Consistency...man that is my biggest problem also. Hate it when you beat an 8 one week not needing the handicap and then lose to a 2 the next week lol..

Thanks. Yeah, lack of consistent practice hurt my game the most in the last several years. So one week I'll play really well, the next I might struggle to string two balls together. Or from one game to the next. Really focusing on my fundamentals helped some. Understanding that I'm not the player I was ten years ago and I had to play a more percentage friendly game helped as well.

Another thing that's helped me has been watching the DrDaveBilliards videos on YT for the last year or so. I made a little commitment to trying to watch at least one a week or two and then trying to practice what I watched for an hour or so before a league match. Most of it has helped smooth some issues with my game in the last few months.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a pretty good session. Won MVP in 8 ball for the third consecutive session by going 9-0. I have been shooting great 8 ball. 9 ball not so great working some kinks out there, went 8-8.

Started a new session this week, started off with a win in 9 ball.

Team is doing well...added a really good 5 5hat we have been chasing for a while, we qualified for titleholders in both 8/9 ball and will probably do so again this session, our strategy is really good. Rarely do we ever actually lose a set, and if we do its by one match.

Looking forward to the rest of the session.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Got my skunk patch in for last weeks 20-0. Lol

Got moved from 3 to 5 and lost to a 3
Meh, ups n downs

8ball vnea starts tonight

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Got my skunk patch in for last weeks 20-0. Lol

Got moved from 3 to 5 and lost to a 3
Meh, ups n downs

8ball vnea starts tonight

Just curious....what skill level did you 20-0? And what was your skill level when you did it?

IMHO, the "skunk" patch is one of the hardest to achieve.

Maniac (doesn't have one)

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Just curious....what skill level did you 20-0? And what was your skill level when you did it?

IMHO, the "skunk" patch is one of the hardest to achieve.

Maniac (doesn't have one)

Most dont

i was a 3 and she was a 2

but i was playing like a six or higher

now im a 5 and i DAMN near got another one last night,
i got 38 to 6!

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played in our 8 ball singles vegas qualifier saturday and went 2 and out. I thought i played great but my opponents just played better. My first opponent went undefeated to win this thing..

Went to my 6 .00 clock league last night and faced a 6 in 8 ball and i won a very tough match that went hill- hill.

They wanted me to stay qnd play 9 ball.also since we were short handed. They threw a new guy i had never seen before and i saw real quick like that he is not a 4. After 10 years in apa i have gotten to where new players handicaps do not bother me because they all eventually wind up where they should....unless they start out sandbagging from the get go.

He is not the first new player to put a curb stompling on me during a match. And like i said...usually it catches up with them but this guy got under my skin with his shit eating grinning and joking with a couple team mates about hanflging with this 6 he was playing.

When he said that i looked at the scoresheet and sure enough it was 23-23 after 5 racks. So i got a little perturbed you might say and and caught a gear ...or 2. He was not grinning any more when i went on a roll the rest of the match scoring 23 to his 6 winnng 46-29 with him just needing 2 points. Now i can take a beating from lower levels ...had more than my share....but i cant take gloating while handing me a beating.
One of my team.mates said ...man you sure got a fire under your ass the last half of that match. I said yea...that guy pissed me off a lil. He said you should get pissed off more often.

So.i rushed over to the other team 10 minutes away at another venue and faced another 5 in 8 ball. I jumped out to a 3-0 lead . 4 th rack my opponent had 5 balls clustered around the 8 so i banged 2 balls around for a couple of innings waiting for a break out shout or my opponent to make one. After he made his other 2 balls he come up with 3 efren type shouts picking off one ball after another and pocketex the 8. I thought ..damn...didnt know this guy was capable of that. My scorekeeper who is a very good player said i played it right and was surprised also that this guy was able to do that. Well i won the next one for a 4-1 win.

Then they threw a 3 on me in 9 ball.. Just couldnt get my head in it and she won 25-32.
So i won 3 out of 4 matches last night whih is a huge improvement over how this session has been going a d i believe i owe it to practicing last Wednesday and thursday ...something i never do...for that saturday tournamemt and then playing that day had me in stroke for last night.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m just glad league exists.

Not my bag, but it puts cues in people’s hands and has helped lots of rooms. All good stuff!

Have fun out there,
Fatboy

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they were 3s of course

im a 6 now after 5 games in and losing one
my first apa session

Please dont take this the wrong way as i am definitely not saying you do not play like a 6. I am just not a fan of being raised based on beating the crap out of lower level players.. In my experience ...playing like a 6 vs a 2 or 3. Is not the same as playing like a 6 vs another. 6.

A former team.mate of mine is a perfect example. He skunked a 3 and was raised to a 6 . the following in week in playoffs i matched him up against another 6 and he lost 18-2.

I am one who believes in throwing a new player in the pond and see if he sinks or swims. What i mean is i usually throw a new male player against a decent 4 or 5 and see how they do. If they play good enough they deserve to be raised and if not they deserve to stay low. Now obviously i would not do this with some one who barely knew which end was which on a cue. Just because some one is new to league does not mean they are new to pool.. Obviously you are better than the 2's and 3's you have faced so far.. Let us know how you do vs your first 6.

Again...great shooting and glad you are enjoying your first session in league.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Ya i get it, running over a 2 and 6 are different things

Last night my first time playing a 6
I start like always, run up alot of points and them not much

Im 3n a half racks up and get an unlucky scratch
He had scratched 4 or 5 times but mine gave him the start he needed and he came back , i lost bu 2 points
Im making a ball on 9 out of 10 breaks