How to win friends and influence people

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in the pool room

JUst last Saturday I was winning $400 pr game pool

My opponent said I was condescending,and arrogant and that is why everyone hates me.

It would have been easy for me to poo poo his remarks as sour grapes
,
loser talk,losers hate winners

But I am notthe type of guy to take the easy way out.If I have a problem I am ready to face it head
on.Change is hard,but if change is what I need,then change it is.Sensitivity classes for Dean,well
I decided to ask the prince of pool players Potter, so I asked him

Forget about my feelings on this one jack,I explained the situation.
Jack replied"Dean you are peaches,you are cream,you are captain of the team,the other guy is a meanie

That would have settled it ,but no my wife said,"what did you expect from Jack?
He is just like you"

It hurt,let's be honest,sensitivity training is still an option,but rather than rush into it

I devised a test for the pool room,I went in and missed balls for an hour in front of this critical crowd
that al;ways accuse me of not trying to play good until the bet is laid

well i got one guy to bet $5 on a proposition,he won $20,another guy bet $10 a game and I lost $20 to him,
a true hardened pool room professional


Do you want to know what he did"
/He offered to not take the money,I insisted,he demurred

Finally everyone was grinning and happy,patting me on the back,they got all choked up
They laughed at every word I said

i offered to take everyone to lunch,they said "i had already done enough"


Now everyone loves me,no sensitivity training,no Dale Carnegie,no nothing


I saved the price of the lousy self help classes by proving

Pool hall people love you if you lose money

Now I have friends,I have smiles ,its the same ole Dean but now that I am a loser
I fit in

so i told my wife the results of the experiment,you know what she says
"Well I guess Jack was right after all"

This alone was worth the $40 losses
 
Last edited:
in the pool room

JUst last Saturday I was winning $400 pr game pool

My opponent said I was condescending,and arrogant and that is why everyone hates me.

It would have been easy for me to poo poo his remarks as sour grapes
,
loser talk,losers hate winners

But I am notthe type of guy to take the easy way out.If I have a problem I am ready to face it head
on.Change is hard,but if change is what I need,then change it is.Sensitivity classes for Dean,well
I decided to ask the prince of pool players Potter, so I asked him

Forget about my feelings on this one jack,I explained the situation.
Jack replied"Dean you are peaches,you are cream,you are captain of the team,the other guy is a meanie

That would have settled it ,but no my wife said,"what did you expect from Jack?
He is just like you"

It hurt,let's be honest,sensitivity training is still an option,but rather than rush into it

I devised a test for the pool room,I went in and missed balls for an hour in front of this critical crowd
that al;ways accuse me of not trying to play good until the bet is laid

well i got one guy to bet $5 on a proposition,he won $20,another guy bet $10 a game and I lost $20 to him,
a true hardened pool room professional


Do you want to know what he did"
/He offered to not take the money,I insisted,he demurred

Finally everyone was grinning and happy,patting me on the back,they got all choked up
They laughed at every word I said

i offered to take everyone to lunch,they said "i had already done enough"


Now everyone loves me,no sensitivity training,no Dale Carnegie,no nothing


I saved the price of the lousy self help classes by proving

Pool hall people love you if you lose money

Now I have friends,I have smiles ,its the same ole Dean but now that I am a loser
I fit in

so i told my wife the results of the experiment,you know what she says
"Well I guess Jack was right after all"

This alone was worth the $40 losses



There's a lesson there, somewhere...


What it is? I have no earthly idea.

But I'm gonna find out and money is no object.
 
My grand pappy told me to buy high and sell low and you will always have friends.

JC
 
dean
i havent read the replies but here is my 2 cents (you get what you pay for,,:grin-square:)
get the cheese and f**k em if they cant take a joke
jmho
icbw

:)
 
in the pool room

JUst last Saturday I was winning $400 pr game pool

My opponent said I was condescending,and arrogant and that is why everyone hates me.

It would have been easy for me to poo poo his remarks as sour grapes
,
loser talk,losers hate winners

But I am notthe type of guy to take the easy way out.If I have a problem I am ready to face it head
on.Change is hard,but if change is what I need,then change it is.Sensitivity classes for Dean,well
I decided to ask the prince of pool players Potter, so I asked him

Forget about my feelings on this one jack,I explained the situation.
Jack replied"Dean you are peaches,you are cream,you are captain of the team,the other guy is a meanie

That would have settled it ,but no my wife said,"what did you expect from Jack?
He is just like you"

It hurt,let's be honest,sensitivity training is still an option,but rather than rush into it

I devised a test for the pool room,I went in and missed balls for an hour in front of this critical crowd
that al;ways accuse me of not trying to play good until the bet is laid

well i got one guy to bet $5 on a proposition,he won $20,another guy bet $10 a game and I lost $20 to him,
a true hardened pool room professional


Do you want to know what he did"
/He offered to not take the money,I insisted,he demurred

Finally everyone was grinning and happy,patting me on the back,they got all choked up
They laughed at every word I said

i offered to take everyone to lunch,they said "i had already done enough"


Now everyone loves me,no sensitivity training,no Dale Carnegie,no nothing


I saved the price of the lousy self help classes by proving

Pool hall people love you if you lose money

Now I have friends,I have smiles ,its the same ole Dean but now that I am a loser
I fit in

so i told my wife the results of the experiment,you know what she says
"Well I guess Jack was right after all"

This alone was worth the $40 losses

Maybe you're hanging out in the wrong places with the wrong people.

Take up fishing. We're a much friendlier crowd.
 
I'm the kind of guy who will give a stranger 20 bucks, to get something to eat for a couple of days, and never think twice about it.
But if some pool hall creep beats me out of 20, I want to get my hatchet out, like Mel Gibson in The Patriot , club the guy, and burn the building down.
I'm sure there is something wrong with me, but hey, they aren't perfect either.
 
Matching up, is EXACTLY the same as doing business in any form or shape, because your dealing with another human being, or so you thought at times. Would you buy a car from a jerk or would you rather have a salesman that you like. Would you have someone replace the roof on your home if they were unreliable?. Would you let someone you don't trust replace your timing belt on your car. Anytime money is passing hands. You either enjoy it or not, you either like the other person or not. It's you that makes that decision. I've played every kind of animal, and across the board, you will meet these types of people in every walk of life and business. The pool room tho, condenses those actions and puts all this in a small area. The pool table.
 
Back
Top