how would ya hit it?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started the interchange? Paraphrasing here but Tennesseejoe said he thought the shot could be made with outside english but didn't know the secret to doing it that way and asked for the secret to making it with outside. You responded that the secret was masse and since you didn't specify otherwise you were clearly saying the secret to making it with outside was to use masse.
This is your nit contention. It's a masse shot. What part of that do you think you've corrected? You keep hammering away like that's gonna change. Get some class dood.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I did not say that I do not know the shot.... I asked "Who knows the shot"? The answer is "reverse masse" as described in post #86.
This is your nit contention. It's a masse shot. What part of that do you think you've corrected? You keep hammering away like that's gonna change. Get some class dood.
Poolplaya9 said:
I started the interchange? Paraphrasing here but Tennesseejoe said he thought the shot could be made with outside english but didn't know the secret to doing it that way and asked for the secret to making it with outside. You responded that the secret was masse and since you didn't specify otherwise you were clearly saying the secret to making it with outside was to use masse.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
It is not an outside english masse shot the way everybody would automatically interpret that no matter how many times you want to continue to say it. Now it could be shot upwards to "reverse" the masse effect as Tennesseejoe explains in the previous post, but that isn't what you were talking about or at some point you would have explained that by saying something along the lines of "shooting upwards" and used the word "reverse" or similar just as he did when he talked about it. Wouldn't surprise me if you don't try to claim that is what you were talking about though as you tried to claim to have been talking about all kinds of things that are completely opposite of what you were actually saying which is the whole problem that you still don't get.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

Give or take an 1"
Silver Member
Any psychologists here who can explain how aiming techniques and directions create such discourse amongst players?

It's almost like politics in how it increases tensions and emotions. Weird.

Jeff Livingston

The best ones are when they're arguing over the same thing but just don't know it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
The best ones are when they're arguing over the same thing but just don't know it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No chance we are arguing over the same thing. What I've been arguing is that what he was repeatedly saying, as said, was dumb and wrong, and if he really meant what he was saying exactly as he said it then it was a case of complete idiocy of belief, and if he actually meant something else other than what he was saying and just never realized it or couldn't or wouldn't communicate it even after all the prodding, then it was complete idiocy of comprehension and communication. Yes, as I've also intimated all along we don't have total certainly yet on which of the two was the case (which is a problem he caused and isn't smart enough to realize and clear up so either way his comprehension and communication has been a huge issue in any case which has been my point), but there is complete certainly that his absolute prolonged stupidity is the problem in either case.

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I did not say that I do not know the shot.... I asked "Who knows the shot"? The answer is "reverse masse" as described in post #86.
See now, if you had responded to "It's a masse..." we'd be having a different conversation. So much ado over a shot that will never come up...
FWIW, Vern Peterson's bank goes, so can the <from the coping> shot - with outside. Maybe.

It's again <maybe> likely that you can double kiss it with outside and send it rolling to the hole. IDK.

Any psychologists here who can explain how aiming techniques and directions create such discourse amongst players?

Jeff Livingston
Players celebrating themselves.

or what's left of it...

:D

Chili Palmer

Give or take an 1"
Silver Member

Jeff Livingston

The next best ones are when they think you're talking about them ;)

GBrad

I have heard of people making the 90-degree frozen shot with outside but I have never seen it. I don't see why it should be impossible, given that the 93-degree cut off the spot is possible.
VERY OLD thread here, but I was just searching the forum for 90+ degree, frozen to the opposite end short rail, cut shots with the CB positioned on the head spot/foot spot. I've been able to make this shot about half the time after learning about applying the proper amount of backhand English, ALONG WITH, learning and knowing where the natural pivot point of your cue's shaft is (NOT the balance point of cue) in order to make this ever so thin full table length cut shot. However, I'm going to have to try to make this same shot now with OUTSIDE backhand English as you made mention of Bob. I'll post a short video if I can achieve it for you.....LOL. Take care.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
anyone that actually shoots that shot unless it is last ball in onepocket needs some high school probability classes,

snookered_again

I'd bank it to the corner and send the CB down table. Higher chance to do it long table and back but that might be a setup if it fails as both balls will be down at the same end. 3 banks side can work, if you are that brave. What game are we playing again?