Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still working on it-
I WAS HOPING FOR SOME friendly advise-
ESPECIALLY SINCE ALL I HAVE HAD HERE ON AZ BEEN VERY POSITIVE-
seems like everyone here JUST WANT TO SHRED A GUY-
I/m not like that-
ALL THE BASHING GOES ON HERE On some of these threads- You will NEVER FIND ME POSTING THERE

My take on all thats happened here is the breakdowns are all the result of your 2 main errors. UNINTENTIONAL ERRORS, I believe.

Sending money for goods via friends/family exposes the buyer to risk, not the seller.

0 feedback buyers expose sellers to virtually 0 risk, once money is exchanged.

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Sounds like buyer willing to send funds thru friends account, or just send as regular purchase and give paypal a few bucks in the process, not hard to fix this, a number option options here guys..seller set a price, let buyer buy??

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Is it possible Duane has the cue sold already?

I’ve offered to buy the cue thru my friends az account whom has 100% I trader. No response yet from Duane.
Who knows..but what is clear is that Duane and half the forum don't have any idea how PayPal in general and F&F specifically actually work. Sellers seem to think it's just some slick way to avoid fees. It isn't, and when you use it for merchandise the buyer takes the risk. A buyer can't flake out and request his F&F payment back....payment for what? Read the PayPal rules guys.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
F&F is there to send somebody $20 for their kids birthday or for your half of the $40 bar tab.

Not necessarily just for little things...I've sent various $1000-$1500 payments to people I know who were in need.

Also use it as a way to pay someone back. Much easier than waiting to see them in person.

It's been mentioned many times in this thread, but if you don't trust PayPal in this day and age and have to do everything with paper the old school way, your customer base won't reach anyone under 60 years old.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
PayPal User Agreement:

Friends & Family

...blah, blah, blah...You must not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods or services.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still working on it-
I/m not like that-
ALL THE BASHING GOES ON HERE On some of these threads- You will NEVER FIND ME POSTING THERE

Friendly advice would be to sell him the cue at the agreed upon price which you took payment for. Then you give him positive feedback and he has an iTrader of 1 instead of 0. IF you are worried about him as a new buyer, then try to obtain a reference.

It just sounds like you decided you did not want to sell the cue for 575. I don't think this thread is doing you any favors unless you make it right by shipping the cue you took payment for.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Not necessarily just for little things...I've sent various $1000-$1500 payments to people I know who were in need.

Also use it as a way to pay someone back. Much easier than waiting to see them in person.

It's been mentioned many times in this thread, but if you don't trust PayPal in this day and age and have to do everything with paper the old school way, your customer base won't reach anyone under 60 years old.
Yes that's true, but never, ever was it intended for or kosher to use as payment for goods or services.

There's no grey area here, it's wrong to request or pay for goods or services with F&F. It has very few of the same protections for either party and virtually none for the buyer...and (not that anyone cares) violates the PayPal user agreement.

Last edited:

BlackMDX

Registered
Still working on it-
I/m not like that-

It seems you got plenty of friendly advice and it is pretty unanimous, sell the buyer the item for the price you agreed to. It looks like you are trying to find all kinds of justification for relisting it with the hope of getting more money.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tick...tick...tick....tick

It becomes more and more clear by the second that the seller wanted more for the cue. All the other info provided is just cover.

Tick...tick...tick

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It seems you got plenty of friendly advice and it is pretty unanimous, sell the buyer the item for the price you agreed to. It looks like you are trying to find all kinds of justification for relisting it with the hope of getting more money.

I assure YOU SLL-
I am not sweating the discounted price AT ALL-
I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO RIPPED OF BY AN UNKNOWN IS ALL"

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I’ve posted what I needed to post. I just didn’t want bad connotations such as “ burner” or “scammer” being associated with my az billiards account. I’m upset I was treated like this by Duane and our deal. If Duane would accept $575.00 thru my friends az account which has 100% I trader maybe that would resolve the issue. Since Duanes issue was my account rating.

To me, this sounds like a fair way forward.
Will Prout

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Sell the man the cue through his friend with 100% feedback.

Seems like you are are ducking him and everybody else that agrees with this.

I've never heard a bad word about you, but the longer you go without answering him or responding to his offer, the worse it looks for you.

You have responded to other people who have posted after him, what's the reason for not responding?

Jason

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No horse in this race, but Paypal Friends and Family protects the Seller in this and any other case when it's used in this regard.

If I buy anything from anyone I don't know personally and they request F&F, I simply tell them no and I'll add 3% onto the deal - it's very cheap insurance for me as the Buyer to ensure that the Seller holds up their end of the deal and if not, that I have recourse.

This deal seems unusual certainly as it's normally the Buyer who backs out - not the Seller but it's between them so I'll leave it at that.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No horse in this race, but Paypal Friends and Family protects the Seller in this and any other case when it's used in this regard.

If I buy anything from anyone I don't know personally and they request F&F, I simply tell them no and I'll add 3% onto the deal - it's very cheap insurance for me as the Buyer to ensure that the Seller holds up their end of the deal and if not, that I have recourse.

This deal seems unusual certainly as it's normally the Buyer who backs out - not the Seller but it's between them so I'll leave it at that.

Man,
that's all I was thinking-
I sell with friends and family I have no recourse-
AND I WAS WRONG!
That is all I was trying to do here in the thread THAT I STARTED"
-GET SOME ASSISTANCE/ADVICE IS ALL"
Thanks

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Quit with the CAPS already.

Sell to the guys friend on here and be done. Why do you continually avoid that option?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sell the man the cue through his friend with 100% feedback.

Seems like you are are ducking him and everybody else that agrees with this.

I've never heard a bad word about you, but the longer you go without answering him or responding to his offer, the worse it looks for you.

You have responded to other people who have posted after him, what's the reason for not responding?

Jason

This right here ^