I finally played well in a tournament

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to the guys who gave me advice on my how to stop choking thread a while back. I don't play in a lot of tournaments, but when I do I play one local. Finally got 2nd place Friday night. Hopefully this will help my confidence in these things.
 
Second is better than third and a step away from the top. Keep up the good work. "REMEMBER, the only way you can win a tournament is entering one."
 
good for you. don't stop and don't ever be satisfied. even if you win an event there are always things you can take away from it that you could have done better. continuing to learn in victory as well as defeat is the mark of true student and future champion.
 
2nd place!? That is just the best loser!

We want #1!

The guy that beat me offered to split the 1st and 2nd money if I wanted too. It might have been stupid, some people thought it was, but I said no. It wasn't about the money. I wanted to win it. I came up short. But if I could do it over, I still wouldn't take the split.
 
The guy that beat me offered to split the 1st and 2nd money if I wanted too. It might have been stupid, some people thought it was, but I said no. It wasn't about the money. I wanted to win it. I came up short. But if I could do it over, I still wouldn't take the split.

good choice on not splitting that takes alot of heart too not split an wonna win it all i like ur spirit Rep too u my friend congratz an good luck in future
 
The guy that beat me offered to split the 1st and 2nd money if I wanted too. It might have been stupid, some people thought it was, but I said no. It wasn't about the money. I wanted to win it. I came up short. But if I could do it over, I still wouldn't take the split.

If he wanted to chop 1&2 he was afraid of you.Your starting to build a fear factor amongst your opponents . Tell us how the tourney went .Did you come up on the losers or winners side? What was the game ? How did you do in the finals? You gotta play in the next tourney to make your presence felt. First place next time.O.K.
 
Nice shooting! Congrats on your first 2nd place finish....those will lead to 1st's if you keep at it.
As for the split, those aren't always so bad to offer or take someone up on and it isn't always because your opponent is afraid of you that they offer it although that can make you feel pretty good to think that. I personally have offered, been offered and taken a few splits but that's usually been when the pool hall was closing for the night or when one or both of the players involved just wanted to head home to their families. As crazy as this may sound and it did to me too for a while, people actually want to head home to their families a little early or do something other than pool the same day or night they entered that tourney. In those circumstances I don't see anything wrong with the split and there's nothing wrong with saying you split the top cash. Sometimes you have to weigh all your options and what you wanted out of the tournament. I've seen guys flip a coin for first and second too once they split the cash..lol To each his own I guess. Once again good shooting!
 
The guy that beat me offered to split the 1st and 2nd money if I wanted too. It might have been stupid, some people thought it was, but I said no. It wasn't about the money. I wanted to win it. I came up short. But if I could do it over, I still wouldn't take the split.

Perfectly valid decision. I could agree 100%...sometimes. Sometimes 0%. Sometimes you say, bet it all instead!
 
Back
Top