I hate ESPN! No Willie Mosconi :( Whats the deal?

christopheradam

Christopher Adams
Silver Member
If your not showing pool then don't list it and have people looking forward to seeing it all week. Willie Mosconi and Cranfield advertised to be on ESPNC 2pm on saturday and its not on until next week if its going to be on at all. They always advertise stuff like this and then don't show it. Really gets me mad.
Did they show this in any areas or did they show college basketball instead everywhere.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
There was Trick Shot Magic on ESPN in Tampa,FL on cable that I didn't watch. Johnnyt

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Just shows what ESPN thinks of pool. It is a filler and can be tossed aside for something more important like women's basketball or the spelling bee.

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
same here i was looking forward to it since i knew that it would be aired and got basketball on both channels pool should have been on :mad: :mad:

christopheradam

Christopher Adams
Silver Member
TannerPruess said:
same here i was looking forward to it since i knew that it would be aired and got basketball on both channels pool should have been on :mad: :mad:

I just don't understand why they would put on an old basketball game when pool was listed on tvguide.com, my cable channel guide, Inside pool tv listing, and on their own Website all month. It's like they are purposly trying to piss off all the people who like to watch pool.

Then they put on the Women's challenge of champions and re-air it like a million times, which I was happy to see the first time it aired and I actually attended the tournament live too. But most die hard pool fans are gonna know pool programming is gonna be on and tape it or watch it. O.k., maybe air it a second time in case we missed it. But not again and again and again. Get some exposure to the semi pros out there trying to make it, like the joss tour. I mean players like Keith McCready and Tony Robles are playing on that tour from time to time.

Zagiflyer

Mr. 15
Silver Member
Mosconi V. Cranfield

Holy Sh$t, when are they going to show this? Please let me know because I have to tape this. It's almost impossible to find footage of Mosconi playing 14.1 in his prime. I had the same problem with ESPN once before and sent them an E-mail asking them why they can't get their published schedules correct. I never got a response. Please PM me if anyone knows when it will actually be shown. Everyone fire up those VCR's. If I thought I would get an answer I would send a letter to ESPN sometime and see if I could determine how much classic pool footage they have in their archives and if there's any way to get copies.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Zagiflyer said:
Holy Sh$t, when are they going to show this? Please let me know because I have to tape this. It's almost impossible to find footage of Mosconi playing 14.1 in his prime. I had the same problem with ESPN once before and sent them an E-mail asking them why they can't get their published schedules correct. I never got a response. Please PM me if anyone knows when it will actually be shown. Everyone fire up those VCR's. If I thought I would get an answer I would send a letter to ESPN sometime and see if I could determine how much classic pool footage they have in their archives and if there's any way to get copies.

I don't think this would be of Mosconi in his prime either, in case you were thinking that. In the early to mid-eighties ESPN used to have some "Legends" tournaments with the older players like Mosconi, Lassiter, Crane, Balsis, U.J. Puckett, and Fats. This is probably one of those.

christopheradam

Christopher Adams
Silver Member
PoolBum said:
I don't think this would be of Mosconi in his prime either, in case you were thinking that. In the early to mid-eighties ESPN used to have some "Legends" tournaments with the older players like Mosconi, Lassiter, Crane, Balsis, U.J. Puckett, and Fats. This is probably one of those.

Still would love to see it.

kokopuffs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blame the programming staff at the television offices. They're true, unadulterated idiots to the n'th degree. Recently CNN online news featured an article that complained how Hollywood is losing viewership to the internet. Well, who wants to watch America's Ugliest Bathroom on the Discovery Channel or how to customize a Harley on TLC? Gone is the plethora of educational programs that occupied a substantial part of my leisure time.

If programming returned to what it was about 10 years ago, then viewership would increase. So I don't hate to say it. The execs at the studio offices are true @ssholes due to the poor, insipid programs featured on television these days.

Last edited: