I made a few purchases at the Expo

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well this is what I bought the first day.
expopurchase09001.jpg

expopurchase09005.jpg



And this is what I bought on sunday
expopurchase09007.jpg

expopurchase09008.jpg

expopurchase09009.jpg

expopurchase09012.jpg
 
sorry my pics aren't that great.

I went to the Whitten booth thursday morning to order a new 3x7 case to match my 1x2. After talking to Joe for awhile he told me he could no longer get the leather to match the body of the 1x2. So after many hours of thinking about what to do I decided to pull the trigger and bought one of the 2 4x8 cases he had there. Smooth black body with grey croc accents.

Now for the big decision. I had decided to really focus on SW cues, so I went to every booth thursday,friday,saturday, and sunday looking for the one. I looked at everything from Franklins to brand new. I had found one at Cornerstone's but his booth was so busy I decided to come back which I did with a few buddies. One of them also liked the cue and was faster on the trigger than I and bought the cue before I could make up my mind. So now really confused I walk around and then I saw it at Omega's booth. I asked the price which didn't really like so I asked what is the best cash deal he would do. That number was much closer to what I thought the number on the cue should be. Again I couldn't pull the trigger and walked away. I talked to everyone I knew there about the cue and everyone said buy it. I went back to the booth and told him the best I could do and he said he couldn't because it was a consignment cue and he needed to make some money, so I asked him to meet me halfway which he did and I finally pulled the trigger.
It is a 08 Pao ferro with ebony points 3 veneers(maple,blue,and black) and all the rings 2 shafts that had never hit a ball and still haven't. I bought 2 used predator shafts that have sw rings that are close enough for me, so those are going to be the only shafts that will be used on the cue.

I spent just a little over my original number I wanted to for a cue and couldn't be happier.

thanks
Boradriver
 
That is a VERY classy Southwest, and they are usually hit and miss for me. The case is OUTSTANDING!! Now don't be mad at me, but the shafts ?????, that's like taking the engine out of a Ferrari and dropping in a crate motor that everyone else throws in Mustangs and Camaros.... (again, JMHO).

Nice pick ups though; I'd have a perma-smile on for at least a few months!! :thumbup:
 
That is a VERY classy Southwest, and they are usually hit and miss for me. The case is OUTSTANDING!! Now don't be mad at me, but the shafts ?????, that's like taking the engine out of a Ferrari and dropping in a crate motor that everyone else throws in Mustangs and Camaros.... (again, JMHO).

Nice pick ups though; I'd have a perma-smile on for at least a few months!! :thumbup:


Not mad at all I completely understand your thinking. I bought this not to be my everyday player but more as a rebirth of my collecting and as a investment. So I want to keep the shafts as perfect as possible if I decided to sell or trade it down the road.
 
Bora, Looks like you had a great time! Really like the cue and case congrats on your purchases. Did you pick up any Thomas cases?
 
Not mad at all I completely understand your thinking. I bought this not to be my everyday player but more as a rebirth of my collecting and as a investment. So I want to keep the shafts as perfect as possible if I decided to sell or trade it down the road.


OK, I gotcha....I was thinking, man, if I'm playing this cue I'm playing at least one of the shafts that came with it! :p I get the collectability though, don't know if I could let her sit, but I get it. If you don't mind me asking, what did the case run you? I like the less FLASHY (LOOK AT ME) cases. Simple, yet elegant with top quality materials....LOVE it.
 
OK, I gotcha....I was thinking, man, if I'm playing this cue I'm playing at least one of the shafts that came with it! :p I get the collectability though, don't know if I could let her sit, but I get it. If you don't mind me asking, what did the case run you? I like the less FLASHY (LOOK AT ME) cases. Simple, yet elegant with top quality materials....LOVE it.

The cue will get some play but just not an everyday player. The case was $575, I think for the Expo they had a slight discount.
 
Nice lookinng SW. It has all of the rings and from what I understand the wood that Jerry preferred.

I don't know about keeping the shafts unused. The butt will still show some wear if you play with it. Small things like the bumper and the wrap. The shafts can always be retipped and cleaned. I would play with it and not worry about the resale or saving it for someone else.
 
Hey Waldo's No Thomas cases this year and next time I'm in town I'll explain.

I went to this years show like I always do. I specifically went to buy a Ron Thomas case. I was pretty disappointed when I got there and his booth was there including his sign and some tables and chairs, but no Ron Thomas or merchandise. I hope Ron is okay and was just not at the show due to the economic hard times. Luckily for me I have found a Thomas case on the secondary market.

Kevin
 
I went to this years show like I always do. I specifically went to buy a Ron Thomas case. I was pretty disappointed when I got there and his booth was there including his sign and some tables and chairs, but no Ron Thomas or merchandise. I hope Ron is okay and was just not at the show due to the economic hard times. Luckily for me I have found a Thomas case on the secondary market.

Kevin

Kevin he did show up but I'm not sure if it was friday or saturday and he had some great looking cases with him.
 
Not mad at all I completely understand your thinking. I bought this not to be my everyday player but more as a rebirth of my collecting and as a investment. So I want to keep the shafts as perfect as possible if I decided to sell or trade it down the road.

I have a South West cue and the original shafts have never been chalked and I use a predator 314-2 on my cue also. I like predator shafts and like you my original shafts will remain un-chalked. If a player likes predator shafts then that's what he should use is how I look at it. I have predator shafts for my other cues also.

James
 
Back
Top