I miss playing pool for money

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Seriously ??? He made the offer a couple of days ago, and you have NOT PM'd him yet? Too funny. You said you would be there and you have not even confrmed your ride yet, nor even spoken to the guy providing the ride? A guy who is a member here, and can be PM'd ? Why are you asking us, ask him :eek:

you wanna pay up now?

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
I have cash in hand, and am going to play.
If Rhea no-shows by 2:50, I walk, and RJ will get his money back by sundown LMAO

However, I hope this is not the case, as I am quite looking forward to playing.

But before anyone asks... no I will not provide the ride. Not something I am comfortable with. No offense

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell me about that after you have been married for 30 years.

If the dream in question is a real life fulfilling dream then there is no question in my mind, I am living my life and if she isn't happy then she has some serious thinking to do. But before I let her get too deep in thought I would let her hear something like this http://youtu.be/qThyBDUk4no

The bottom line is we both have to be happy, and I am not going to be happy giving up on a dream.

Last edited:

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Christ Almighty. You wait until the morning of a match before it dawns on you to contact your free ride?
You are in serious need of psychological care. I am seriously concerned for your well being. Very sad.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could take a cab, but after the fare i will only have enough left over for 1 set.

You live in a fantasy land somewhere between marshmallows and chocolate bunnies. Do you understand how stupid you are after this yet? Someone offered you a ride which you never confirmed. Arranged a cash game without confirming a ride. Now you're stuck most likely not making it to your match. Idiocy, last ditch effort into trying to show your love for pool and you've fallen flat on your face because you forgot to tie your shoes.

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
not you, Honey (although i absolutely want to see yours streamed!)
i meant for today's match @ St Louis?

Damn, if I wasn't working today, I'd go down there and video it to put up later (can't do the streaming thing yet, though I'm looking into it).

Jay - considering the drive it is for you to get there, I'd at least hang out a little bit longer, afterall - who wants to turn around and drive all the way back. Last time I spoke with her there, she told me she walked there - but it was a pretty long walk. *shrug*

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
did you PM him yet ? c''mon girl, get on the ball for heavens sake.

RJ, I'll bet you $4 the match doesn't start on time.....if ever.

pt...can't believe he's getting interested....WTH....$50 set after table time
equals a meal at a truck stop.....:rolleyes:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member

yáll need to understand that Rhea probably can't afford to spend 1'40" walking, to possibly net $25.

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member

Table time is pretty cheap there, 4 or 5 an hour (can't remember exactly). if they break even after 2 sets there's not much left, but if someone wins both sets, they'll come out ahead alright. Still, race to 9 shouldn't taken more than 1.5 hours with these players (and that's pushing it).

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Table time is pretty cheap there, 4 or 5 an hour (can't remember exactly). if they break even after 2 sets there's not much left, but if someone wins both sets, they'll come out ahead alright. Still, race to 9 shouldn't taken more than 1.5 hours with these players (and that's pushing it).

Sooo...someone wins both sets...wins $100....table time $12....

...if I was playing poker and caught the houseman raking 12%...
....he can forget about siring children.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
You could say it's lunacy to encourage anybody to attempt to play pool for a living. Not many happy endings when middle age comes around.

Right, but some do good enough to get by, difference is they're not B/C players...... Plus, they give players like Rhea the 5 and the last 5 (you have to bet more than $20 a set though).